Comcast

Updated March 1, 2015
1.4

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

door to door sales

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great benefits friendly environment

Cons

lack of support from management

Hostile/Retaliatory Work Environment, Poor Leadership, and Unprofessional- BEWARE

Current Employee - MDU Direct Sales Representative in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - MDU Direct Sales Representative in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-MDU Sales role gave you complete freedom to plan your day as you would wish.
    -Day starts at noon most days
    -Commision is attractive

Cons

-I had an issue with my manager, went to HR and filed a Comcast Listens; then LITERALLY a my manager got pissed off and began retalitating against me. I went to HR AGAIN but they allowed her to run a muck
    -Favotism amongst leadership
    -Your never off! In sales I know you must be available BUT there is no home/work balance!
    -management is positions because of the relationship with other management not because of job experience

Rockville was/is a complete nightmare! inwrote several emails to higher level HR executives that are now interviewing Rockville! Beware

Stop treating employees as numbers, and really create a healthy work place! Understand bullying is not acceptable in the workplace; and managers throwing tantrums for being calling on the carpet is petty. The culture and values up at the top should be universal throughout the company! Someone needs to go through Rockville and CLEAN HOISE!!! I was so bad I gave my two weeks

Direct Sales Representative, Rockville, MD

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefit, free tv, phone & internet

Cons

Comcast uses GPS to track employee's even on their off days.
    Tracking you while you are with a customer it really slavery. Work days are from Tuesday to Saturday. Management wants you to answer your work phones on your off day which is Monday and Sunday. They always fill your blackberry with emails an new incentives on your off days, just to make you work.
    Pay structure changes every six months. Paying for your sales only when install, with a two weeks pay for commission there's possibility your sales might not get install in time for commission pay, which means you work for free. The labour department needs to watch "Comcast Business Practice Towards Employee"

Management should listen to their reps. Give the door-to-door reps better promotions. Stop sending reps to be at customers doors late at night looking for sales until 9:00pm. Remember that's why your employees are not acknowledging your $500.00 referral program. Start treating your sales rep as adult not kids. "Watch The Boss" and see how CEO's work on lower level to see what your sales reps go through out in the field to bring in those sales.

My experience at Comcast was a roller-coaster ride of joy and pain.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rockville, MD

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Great Benefits and flexible hours

Cons

The Outside technicians were incompetent

train better outside techs

GREAT BENEFITS, DESCENT PAY, GOOD SALES JOB

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

The best reason to work for Comcast isn't the glamour it's the AWESOME benefits.I'm talking free cable ( all channels full package), free HIGH SPEED internet, and some of the best medical and dental benefits out there! OH and did I mention STOCK options at a discounted rate! Being a DSR is a love/hate thing. DSR gets company paid blackberry and stipend for car expenses. Plus descent incentive like $500 gift cards and IPADS if you sell on BLITZ days. There's definitively money to be made if you sell and good recognition for it.

Cons

LIke I said its a love/hate thing. Working for comcast is just that working for Comcast. Most people have had bad experience with Comcast. If your a Winback Rep your sole purpose is to gain back customers who were once pissed off by Comcast. Lots of customer emotions involved and some problems are just out of your hand like bad connections when Techs do installs. The worst is missed installs and tech just doesn't care and there goes your money out the window. Salary is only 28,000 to start plus commission.

Take away Ramp up and just pay for everything. Let SFU reps work MDU on rainy days or bad weather days. More supervisors per reps to help deal with all the customer headaches.

Large company poor communications.

Current Employee - Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

A relatively stable company. Comcast is making money. Provides benefits and free cable. Will probably keep making money even in a recession. Often has a monopoly in certain cable markets.

Cons

Very big company with poor communications. Customer service is poor. Benefits are getting more and more expensive. Little recognition of work performance. Expected to be available 7/24. Tends to rule by fear. No sharing of information between departments. No clear leadership. Micro managed by senior management. Tools to do work are not included in the project plans. Budgets are extremely complex and unrealistic. Poor morale, and a do not care attitude developing with some employees.

Provide proper communications between employees. No more useless meeting with no agenda, minutes or action points. DO NOT promote SME's, with no management skills, to senior management. Instead pay them properly.