Comcast Reviews

1,320 Ratings

1. Great career, great perks

Current Employee - Communications Technician III in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Communications Technician III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

awesome benefits, company vehicle, fast promotions, lots of opportunities to grow with the company.

Cons

Performance reviews are based on metrics that are often out of the techs control. Low pay when you take into account the dangers of the job. Often working very close to high voltage on power poles. No hazard pay.

I would like to see a pay differential for working on saturday or sunday.

2. The nation's largest cable provider with cutting edge technology for homes and businesses. One of the best ISP's today.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Comcast (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has many opportunities to promote, transfer and growth from within. I experienced over 5 positions in 12 years work.

Cons

The company has had to make major structural changes that caused many to lose their job or move out of state to keep their position.

Continue to develop your people to promote from within.

3. Sr. Director

Former Employee - Senior Director Plannng Design & Construction in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Director Plannng Design & Construction in Seattle, WA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company wants to help you be the best you can.

Cons

The culture is shifting which while not a bad thing must be acknowledged when the past culture was so strong. Corporate must be more willing to dictate standards and processes across the enterprise more intently.

When the focus is on what "we" do well rather than were we need to improve the moral and willingness to work harder drive better results. Realize you may have conflicting objectives between finance and sales that leaves those in the middle little opportunity to feel satisfaction in their role.

Met at lot of great people, job was very difficult and had its up and downs.

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, also paid for mileage, coworkers.

Cons

Knocking door to door during the winter, schedule was 11-8 M-F and depending where driving from sometimes would not get home until 9. Constantly being micromanaged.

Endless Interviews

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Benefits are great. Decent Pay

Cons

Micro Mgmt, Lies lies and more lies

Get a clue and treat people like they are human

Great company with nice perks and great environment

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highly Compensated Sales Commissions
    Discounted Personal Services & Corporate Discounts
    Excellent Mileage Reimbursement
    Standard Benefits
    A Huge Amount of Flexibility in Outside Sales
    Very Laid Back Culture

Cons

Lack of communication between departments
    Little opportunity for advancement
    Completion of sales is nearly out of your control
    Company continuously releases software/hardware changes that often times hinders production
    Customer service for hostile personalities

Influence better communication between departments and deliver more time manageable training that is not slowing production from front line.

Laid back workplace with below average compensation package.

Current Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment, depending on which state and department you work at, free cable and internet, and discounted phone service, and also on equipment(DVRs, STBs, Modems, etc).

Cons

No sense of direction where it comes to the one Comcast model, division wise and nationally. Too much outsourcing, advancement can be slow or very fast(if you know the right people at times). Salaries aren't that great but it could be worse.

One COMCAST means "One COMCAST" and outsourcing never saves money in the long run if customers are paying the price for it.

CommOps 3

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Almost free cable, internet, phone is a nice perk.

Cons

Whole departments have been laid off without much notice. Company is horrible at customer service. Sales reps are commission driven and some use shady tactics and even lie to get a sale. Technicians are constantly whining if they have to drive 10 miles between jobs, further frustrating our customers who just want there appointments met. Billions are being spent on acquisitions due to the companies success, no cost of living raise in over 9 years. We are told we should be thankful for our yearly raises. Some areas have weak leaders that cave to the loudest whiners requests.

Get better metrics to figure out who is working hard and reward them appropriately.

Be ready! Ask the right questions!

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent medical benefits, courtesy services, 401k plan with immediate 100% vesting and matching, uncapped commissions, nice salary, promotion possibilities throughout huge company

Cons

Be ready to be "owned" by the company. The companies sales process is so extremely dysfunctional that it takes hours and hours out of your day instead of selling. This truly creates a 60-70 hour work week. On top of that, the front end sales numbers (I.e., prospecting and cold calling) is enormous (25 initial appointments per month with clients you have never met with before). This is Enterprise also, so the MAJORITY of people you contact would not have a need for Enterprise-level products. Management is high pressure and in my experience uses bullying tactics and fear mongering in order for people to work harder.

The reality is in the numbers. When I was there (18 month tenure), there was only around 4-5 out of 27 reps that were at quota (!!!). That is a terribly low number of reps making quota, considering that the sales force is comprised of very smart people, most of whom has 10++ years of sales experience. Simply not acceptable.

Comcast is so huge that they lost their eyes completely on customer service. They create issues with their horrific\bizarre\dysfunctional sales process and stick their customers in the middle of it. Guess who gets the calls? The EAE gets to come along and clean up the mess and try and justify why their company can't seem to get anything straight. This ends up creating more issues for the reps, more time, and more difficulty trying to attain the high sales metrics.

I would tell management that they need to fix the sales process and get rid of the bullying, but in my experience that is what the culture was all about (no reality to work\life balance, regardless of what you hear in interviews). Happily no longer employed by this company regardless of the salary, perks and benefits.

11. Great Company

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Looking for a solid career with benefits Comcast has it all. On top of that, plenty of perks and bonuses.

Cons

Company needs to put more effort into customer service.

Focus on utilizing each employees skills to its fullest.