Comcast Spotlight

Comcast Spotlight Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Comcast Spotlight President Charlie Thurston

Charlie Thurston

Pros:
  • "Free cable, majority of front line people are good and fun to work with"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Low turnover because of great benefits such as 4"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management in the Spokane system did not hold them selves to the same high standards as they did everybody else"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Management has no clue about their employee's workload"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Manager should know how to manage there frustrations.

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
    Miramar, FL

ProsFor someone new in the business is a great experience, and you get a taste of the corporate world.

Consmore than 70 sales specialist from West Palm Beach to the Keys with open territory, so a lot of back stabbing and duplicity. Also the best accounts are manage by the reps that being the longest so the likelihood of you getting and account that is worth are slim to none, meaning that you would get small accounts that will cancel with in a month or less.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that a manager should inspire there employees to help them to succeed and lead by example. In addition managers that do not know how to filter there frustrations and micromanage each of there employees have difficulties with retaining there employees in the time I was working for them I witness many injustices.
    Employees are not treated with respect they are expendable, they are as good as there accounts.(not all the managers are like that but some are.)

Benefits are numerous but my office was pretty catty and two faced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDeeply discounted cable and internet service, if you live in a Comcast zone. Discounts on auto insurance, cell phone service, pet health insurance, and your own health insurance. HR is pretty decent too.

ConsIf you are a top seller they let you be as evil as you want to be. Management care about their annual numbers not so much about the people who work there. Also they will fire people rather unexpectedly, there's constant change in staff. Also in some 'support' positions you will have to take your work home with you in order to meet deadlines for internal clients (sales executives.) The companies give you a laptop to use so you can do that but you don't get paid extra.

Company is great with excellent benefits

Southfield, MI

ProsBenefits and perks are great

ConsManagement favoritism causes lack of advancement for individuals who are not part of the "in" crowd

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Advertising Account Executive position is "sink or swim". Very good training program.

Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Walnut Creek, CA

ProsGreat benefits. Amazing resume builder. Free Comcast services. Ability to create your own schedule.

ConsCommission structure changes a lot. Most new business is already taken up by employees who already have an established relationship with Advertising agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great! I had a great direct manager and good experiences all around

Excellent

Local Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Danbury, CT

ProsChallenging, A good place to start a career. small base salary but a good compensation plan.

ConsHard to move up internally

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes they can get nit pickey about day to day activities.

Rewarding with great room for growth

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsIf you do a great job and exceed expectations, you will be rewarded for them. and the pay to be a coordinator is lower than it really should be. The responsibilites are endless

ConsSome times they hire out side of the company more than they should

Dead End Job

Video Production (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsDiscounted cable. It's not free anymore, but still cheap.

ConsVery low pay.

An unwritten "10% Rule" which limits employee advancement, but saves the company money.

Unethical management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

My advice is for potential employees. Do not accept a position with Comcast Spotlight, it's a dead end for your career. You'll be underpaid with no chance of increasing your salary, no matter how you are promoted. That's where the "10% Rule" comes in.

As it was explained to me by two managers, "You could be promoted to Vice President of the company, but you could only get a 10% increase in pay." This was when I was making $26K a year.

If you do take the job, don't plan on being around long. Learn as much as you can and have your resume ready. If you don't leave when you have a chance, you're job will be "restructured" and you'll be unemployed. This happened several times while I was there. Even managers were fired for sketchy reasons.

This is a terrible company to work for and the worst career decision of my life. Stay away!

Good company

ProsOutside Sales job building business

ConsAlot of team meetings and time wasted in the office.

Good Depending on Spotlight Office

Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsFree cable, majority of front line people are good and fun to work with

ConsBig on protecting jobs of managers including making up new positions while laying off low level employees in multiple states, also falsely accused former employee of crime, do not want employees to advance even if the employee is willing to move

Advice to Senior ManagementSouthern Division leaders and HR should find out facts about false claims by managers including criminal claims before ending jobs and careers of low level employees, court system
    vindicated employee

Great Company to work for!

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFreedom to do your job is a big plus. They don't micro manage their employees, just expect them to perform and meet budgets. The managers are some of the best I've ever been around! I am never afraid to ask for help or just go talk to them.

Upper management continues to give us new inventory to sale which gives us the ability to meet every clients needs. This helps give us new ways to grow revenue with existing clients.

ConsThe corporate side of Comcast has taken a lot of the local systems and consolidated them with the region. So its harder to get things done (i.e: traffic, financing etc)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving tools to the sales force! Don't consolidate everything, local systems make doing local business easier!

Worked for Comcast Spotlight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast Spotlight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comcast Spotlight CEO Charlie Thurston. All 106 reviews posted anonymously by Comcast Spotlight employees.