Comcast

2,322 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,188 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great opportunities

Former Employee - Dispatch Supervisor in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Dispatch Supervisor in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is an enjoyable atmosphere with many perks

Cons

Constant changes make for job insecurity. These changes cause lots of relocations and lay offs.

Consider employees and their families when making changes that will cause relocation and lay offs. Customer service is being sacrificed because of all of the centralization. Bigger is not always better. Customers appreciate speaking with someone nearby. They feel like that employee understands their concerns better.

Don't ever take a commissioned sales position at Comcast

Former Employee - MDU in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - MDU in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some great people, excellent perks and a great work life balance.

Cons

If you have or are thinking about a sales position here where most of your income is from commissions then stop now, turn around and run. I was with the company 8 years at 2 different sales positions and interviewed for a 3rd. Everything I list happened on more than one occasion.

Good luck getting paid on time or the right amount. you will eventually give up leaving money on the table.
    Commission plans change often especially if you're earning a lot. At one point my commission paid me more for items that were of less value and profit to the company just because my team was selling a ton of the better item. This was the reason specifically given to us in the meeting about the change.

You will be lied to during the interview process. Get it ALL in writing.

There are many people that are not commissioned and also not very good at what they do that will cause you to lose commissions.

The most important rule of all is DO NOT WORK FOR COMCAST IN FLORIDA!

Stop trying to control people's incomes and reward them for what is good for the company. An ethics class here and there might be of use to all Directors and up. They seem to keep getting away with murder.

Selfish !!!!

Former Employee - Supervisor in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None never nothing ever !!!!!!!!

Cons

No work life balance, expect 24/7 with no compensation. Make you miserable so you resign. Management makes you suffer, does not mentor anyone. HR tells lies to buy them time to find faults so they can terminate employes. There is no value. Management rather tell you they are too busy to listen than help fix issues. Senior management needs to be cleaned out!

Take a good look in the mirror !! How do you sleep at night?

Major disconnect from upper and middle management

Former Employee - Sales Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time

Pros

Great benefits, co-workers were decent, solid company

Cons

The Xfinity security home sales group had extremely poor upper leadership. They could not compete with any of the larger competitors.

Realize that cable sales and security sales are two different things.

Supervisor

Former Employee - Supervisor in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Meeting new and interesting people! Hope you have thick skin!!!!

Cons

Long hours, rude management, too big now to care about employees!

Treat others as you wish to be treated.

Great corporate mentality

Former Employee - Telecom Sales in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Telecom Sales in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits,largesse,opportunity to relocate.A great company if you aligned within a group with the corporate vision

Cons

Location specific detractors. If alligned with corporate its great!

Stay alligned with the corporate vision and you will suceed.

The benefits are awesome but it's really hard to move up if you're in the wrong department

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Discounted Cable, internet and phone
    Awesome Co-workers and supervisors
    Really good perks like discounted tickets to Universal studios and places
    A generally warm corporate culture

Cons

*Constant changes in procedures that we aren't informed of until days after the fact.
    *A serious lack of interdepartmental communication. The left hand never knows what the right is doing.
    *Tools and processes that we previously had access to have been removed and given to third party centers and has made the process of actually assisting technicians unnecessarily difficult.

If you're in the dispatch department, it's like the pit of doom. There is no advancement, floor support was taken away despite the need for it. It's hard to get out of that department and I've been trying for a year.I actually think I had a better chance of advancement as a customer service rep than in the dispatch department. The entire department is a dead end.

Also in the dispatch department, as a fulfillment specialist (a fancy word for tech support for techs), there is actually no real way that we are measured as far as stat wise. We haven't had score cards in nearly a year and even though it sounds fine, it means that they don't have any real way to measure you when its time for evaluations for raises so they give you all average scores when you've actually done better in reality.

The pay for the dispatch department is a laugh and the bumps in pay are next to nothing. I've been working there 4 years and I'm pretty sure, I would have a higher salary had I actually stayed in customer service. They have all this money to buy Time Warner but not enough to give people actual raises.

If you're going to make a change in procedure or process, don't tell us after the fact.

Comcast doesn't care, Too Big to fail and it's your fault.

Current Employee - Technician in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Technician in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

free cable? benefits are ok.

Cons

Comcast doesn't care about the actual people working for them. A disconnect from upper management to field technicians and dispatchers. No one seems to ever know an exact answer. unsafe working conditions in field. Poor dispatch. Incorrect job routing.

The disconnect with management and the actual workers in the field is beyond gone. The people working this job are stuck there. Management is only concerned with numbers and not people.
    Employees are leaving in record numbers. '' turn and burn '' with bringing in new people.

Started off great ended not so well

Former Employee - Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Comcast has excellent benefits and should be an excellent company to work for.

Cons

Local management is closed minded it does not listen to the employees. It is spread so thin that knee jerk reactions are an every day occurance.

Break down your areas of responsibilities or hire supervisor to help you manage and listen to what they say.

Very Successful, but no longer values employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoyable place to work. Great team members. One person does many jobs, so exposure to many areas of the business.

Cons

Consolidation after consolidation of work force understandable in "big business", but has resulted in an incredible amount of layoffs of long-term, valuable and dedicated employees. Preparation not done prior to layoffs, so things get lost in the shuffle, and no one knows who or where handles what. Company used to value employees, but now feels like we're just a number.