Comerica

Comerica Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Comerica Chairman, President, and CEO, Comerica Incorporated and Comerica Bank Ralph W. Babb Jr.

Ralph W. Babb Jr.

Pros
  • Work-life balance is promoted, you cannot take your work home with you(in 21 reviews)

• Company matches your 401k, good benefits, and also able to purchase/sell PTO(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • HIGH sales goals- Comerica needs to expand in order to reach(in 8 reviews)

• senior management rarely visible; surprising for a three state bank (can't really count AZ and FL)(in 7 reviews)

This is the way we've always done it.

ProsI have made lasting relationships, my salary could be worse.

ConsMy job title doesn't say much about what I actually do. My raise this year was so dismal and depressing, worst one ever. 10 years with the company and it's not the same company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say you innovate, well, do it. How about sharing the money at other levels besides the top?

Good place to work

International Trade Finance Banker (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGood benefits, good base salary for a bank, lot of growth potential, good work/life balance.

ConsMany layers of management, not sure who I report to. Management changes often either moving up or out the door.

Room for growth, heavy sales pressure

Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork-life balance is promoted, you cannot take your work home with you. Personal growth and on the job training are great. Some are lucky and get a great office culture. Insurance benefits are not that expensive and are worthwhile. Free program for weight managment and mental health calls. Decent 401K plan with up to full 4% match

ConsHigh turn over can lead to lots of over-time, management change is hard for customers to accept and some employees may struggle to adjust. If you do not succeed on your sales, you will have trouble moving up.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeavy sales pressure leads to poor customer service and stressed out employees. Goals may be too high for some.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Comerica Bank Review

ProsGreat people
    Opportunity to make a life-long network of friends
    Hard work is rewarded, not so much with salary & bonus, but with respect and promotion opportunities

ConsAntiquated technology
    Cumbersome to get things done at times

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Underwriting Associate

Underwriting Associate/Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Century City, CA

Prospotential to grow in long term

Conslower to average compensation compared to peer

Fair, understaffed, reasonable but sometimes tough sales goals, very corporate with upper managment.

Personal Banker II (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWilling to hire for personality and potential, not relient on experience. Great people to work with. Friendly Clients. Small bank feel.

ConsUpper managment very critical and not in touch with day to day. Old clients (average age seems to be over 65). Terribly outdated technology, computers take FOREVER. Limited resources compared to goals.
    Too much training and meetings oriented around pep talks and goals, not skills training.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making it such a political game. Take critisism. Currently if you say anything "Everything is perfect, rainbows and sunshine" They will take it as an insult and you wont last long.
    Update technology! Even the senior citizens think things move slow here!

Great Opportunities

Project Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsCompany promotes movement to enhance experience, also provides great benefits.

ConsDepends from department to department. There is no consistency between departments, what is a "company policy" in one department, or Comerica in general, is not "company policy" in another department.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire based on skills/qualifications, not simply seniority. Experience should be considered in lieu of education for some positions.

Management and Resources

ABCM (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSales goals are realistic
    MInimal Micromanagement
    Flexibility in going out to network and meet people

ConsLimited resources
    No one likes to help and you have to fins answers yourself. If you cant find answers they tell you to find it out on connect which is not very clear
    Politics
    Pay structure is poor and bonuses are very low
    No growth and no advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve on management
    Restructure bonuses
    Need to prived better health benefits ( They only cover 80% and you have to pay 20%)

Better than the big banks

ProsYou get real close to your coworkers which are really helpful and and you actually get to work closely with your managers. goals arent as high compared to bigger banks.

ConsTECHNOLOGY SUCKS AND THERE ARE NO CUSTOMERS TO THAT COME IN OFTEN

I have been with Comerica for almost six years, and I have felt rewarded and challenged throughout my career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat benefits, 401k plan, medical, dental, PTO and sick time. If you do well you get rewarded. I won a 2 night stay anywhere in the US, at participating Hyatts.

ConsComerica is a very large company, but they have very few departments in San Diego which restricts career path options if you don't want to leave San Diego.

Worked for Comerica? Contribute to the Community!