Comerica Reviews

261 reviews filtered by

1. Confusing!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Comerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, awesome initial training, my manager is fantastic!!

Cons

I was hired part time, my life circumstances changed recently so I was seeking a possible full time position with Comerica. I was informed recently that being I hired in part time I was most likely not eligible for a full time position. I was floored as I was never informed of this "policy" when I hired in. Basically they would probably hire someone off the street for a full time position rather than allowing part timers to have a chance for a full time position. I was told that they would interview me for any full time positions but it would be unlikely that I would get an offer because of my part time status. Really??? You spent all this time and money training me and I am not allowed to feel comfortable seeking full time work with you? I actually love my job and love working at Comerica but this bit of news really set me back. The initial training is great, however once you are on your own the sales aspect of it is hard to grasp if you don't have people willing to school you on it. Its a kind of "on your own" concept, and you have to really pay attention and listen to your co workers to figure it out, especially if you have never been employed in the banking industry.

Please take some time to train on the products you offer so new employees can feel that they can offer these things with some basic knowledge without feeling "dumb" when customers are inquiring about them. Too many hands in the pot so to speak.....One person may say do it this way, another may say do it that way. Allow part timers that come in the opportunity to feel they have a right to apply for future full time if they so desire.

2. great place to work

I have been working at Comerica

Pros

advancement, job security so far....I love it!

Cons

sometimes I work long hours but other that, no cons!

Advancement opportunities in different departments. It did not take long to advance when employee shows the eagerness to move forward

3. CsrII

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Comerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Company is very empowering the specific branch that I worked for pushed me to use the resources that I had and people around me to help me grow. I'm very thankful.

Cons

Every company has some sort of con to it. However, there is nothing major with this company that would prevent me or discourage me from wanting to continue working here. Great place to work.

Every management style is different. However, I do feel that it's important to build a good relationship with your employees. Consistently coach them.

5. This company has always had the potential of being a great company but it just could not change enough to make it happen

Former Freelancer - Vice President
    Former Freelancer - Vice President

I worked at Comerica (more than 10 years)

Pros

You will learn a lot and be challenged. The company understands its strength and has a long history of success.

Cons

The Exectuives do not want to change and innovate which is critical. The middle managers are trying to maintain their positions and not rock the boat.

Embrace change, innovate! Embrace new ideas. Be an advocate of new ideas. Hire people that will challenge the status quo.

6. Behind the times

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Comerica

Pros

If you prefer to work in silo environments, then this is the place for you. Great benefits. Pro-diversity.

Cons

Constant restructuring. Advancement within not supported. Raises <2%.

Too risk adverse. Think outside of the box. Automate repetitive tasks.

7. 25 years

Current Employee - Senior Annuity Administrative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Annuity Administrative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Comerica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

fast paced, good co workers no overtime

Cons

Better Pay, better training, better managment

None

8. Don't work for them

I have been working at Comerica

Pros

Great Holiday and Vacation Benefits

Cons

The company does not really care about its employees

Have some compassion and treat people with respect.

9. The people are wonderful and very flexible. My team was very flexible and considerate of work/life balance.

I have been working at Comerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people here are awesome. Love my manager, love the people I work with.

Cons

Imagine the 1980s- the wages, the technology, the mindset. Now imagine working in 2015 with the same wages, technology and mindset of the 80s. That's Comerica.

10. Decent place to work

I have been working at Comerica

Pros

I enjoyed the 9-5 banking hours and my co-workers

Cons

I don't like pushing credit cards that customers don't need

11. It has gradually become more sales-focused while moving away from great customer service.

I have been working at Comerica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow colleague are great to work with. Collaboration between the different departments is easy. Compensation seems to be very fair, but nothing that goes above and beyond.

Cons

The retail banking department is simply too sales and goals oriented. Everyone at each branch is required to cold call customers to see if there is any other product that we can offer them. The company seemed to be much more customer service based in the past. If there was a product that the customer could really have benefited from, it would be recommended. Now it feels as if we are required to push products onto them.