Comfort Keepers

Updated September 28, 2014
Updated September 28, 2014
2.8

Sarosh Mistry,

Pros
  • It's nice to know that you can make a difference in somebody's life and brighten their day (in 5 reviews)

• They are very flexible about schedules, which is really nice if you are in school and need a job that you can work around school (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Cons would be clients pass away, move, decline severely and circumstances change (in 4 reviews)

• Disorganization, poor communication, disrespect for caregivers and sometimes clients (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Caregiver

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Grayslake, IL
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Grayslake, IL

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time for less than a year

Pros

I like to help the elderly. There is always a variety in each assignment. The office staff is very nice and knowledgeable.

Cons

Not enough hours. Pay isn't very high. Locations are sometimes far limiting the number of assignments you can have.

give your employees more hours

Rewarding work but not great pay

Former Employee - Caregiver  in  Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Comfort Keepers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with clients and their families was a very rewarding part of this job. You feel like you make a difference. It is sometimes difficult but when you are with the same clients regularly, you build trust. Must be dependable and work hard.

Cons

Pay is not great in this field. Also worked in the office. Very nice people but a bit unorganized. Felt like most of the people working there really cared about what they were doing.

Has potential...

Current Employee - Companion Care Aid  in  Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Companion Care Aid in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good philosophy and mission statement
    -flexible
    - for the most part management is genuine

Cons

- Scheduling is a nightmare and changes all the time
    - time sheets for each client that you have to go turn in, no email or app for logging time
    - Often miscommunications between manager and care coordinator

Get some help!! Hire a part time assistant to help with everyday office procedures; answering phones, typing letters, checking time sheets for payroll and scheduling. Do some marketing so you can have more opportunities for your employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Refreshing

I worked at Comfort Keepers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible company to work for.
    Great opportunity to work as many hours as you want.

Cons

They are sometimes understaffed

A great place to start in the healthcare field!

Current Employee - HomeHealth Aide  in  Burton, MI
    Current Employee - HomeHealth Aide in Burton, MI

I have been working at Comfort Keepers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family atmosphere, flexible scheduling, compassionate staff. Sometimes they offer group rates for organizations like AFLAK and Legal Shield.

Cons

Pay for experienced, skilled employees could be better. AFLAK is available, but it does not appeal to me, especially with the current wage. No benefits, no paid days off.

This company has a lot to offer in work culture, understanding, flexibility with scheduling and more. I think it would be advantageous to offer investment options for employees who stay over 1 year. Provide some benefits like paid vacation time for those who have qualified (i.e. employed with a good record for over a year). Offer better pay for long time employees.

Caregiver

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Clinton Township, MI

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Yes I am a caregiver at the comfort keepers in clinton township I started about a month and a half ago at first i thought my interview went good everyone seemed really nice office was clean.

Cons

Until I was asked to list any days that I needed off in the first 90 days and list my days and times that I am available to work so when I did the HR lady told me she couldn't approve me taking a week off to care for my mother who was having surgery and caring for my son while my mom was recovering also a week after my onboarding they call me with a assignment and it was no where near what I put down for my availability so they took me off and gave me someone.else who was more than 25 miles from my house which I also told them 25 miles was the longest I would drive after that case canceled I was scheduled the first time with the hours I listed on my availability everything went great until all my babysitters had something going on on the same day which never happens so I call my scheduling manager 48 hours ahead of time to let her know and they forced me to come in even though I told them I couldn't then after the third time telling them they finally said we got it figured out so I went to work the following day thinking everything was okay then come Monday night at 7pm from the HR manager they were taking me off the schedule till I got my daycare/ babysitting set and then to call them when I'm ready to work I feel that was very unprofessional it was like they were making me choose between my son and or my job they didn't even take in consideration that I gave them enough notice and never got in trouble before this I have decided that I deserve better than that and I will not be working for them anymore they have no feelings or care for there employees and the HR Manager had the nerve to ask me after I told her when my son would be going back to school what if your son gets sick and I told her if my son got sick or hurt at school i would have to stay home to take care of him or leave and go get him it's nobody else's responsibility to do that but mine I'm his mother I don't think this lady liked me from the beginning and that's fine I have another job with a different agency and they are way more flexible and understanding and that's what I need I don't think this agency can keep employees and that's not good I have had nothing but negative feedback since I started from my other co workers and the other agency I work for I have heard nothing but good things I don't know how long comfort keepers has been in business but they need to learn to be more fair with there employees if your still employed with them good luck to you.

Be more fair with your employees and they will stick around longer and don't ever make your employees choose between the job or there family or kids that's not right

Personal Caregiver

Current Employee - HomeHealth Aide  in  Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - HomeHealth Aide in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time for less than a year

Pros

I like to work closely with my clients. I get to know them well. I like to pick my hours. The family is very appreciated and make my job pleasant.

Cons

Not very good communication from the staff. I do not see or hear from anyone. I have to wait to get paid a day later.

Horrible care of employees and clients.

Current Employee - CNA/Care Giver  in  Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - CNA/Care Giver in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy home health and my clients

Cons

Horrible management. The company only cares about making money. The pay is horrible. 1 raise in 3 years! They treat clients horrible too! Schedule is a mess.

If you don't care about the clients well being your in the business!

Stressful and poor training.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Associate in Omaha, NE

I worked at Comfort Keepers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting to meet the CNA's. I believe in the work the CNS's and companions do. The visiting nurses work very hard to meet the needs of the clients.

Cons

Micromanaging. Poor communication. Inconsistent training. Normal gossip in the office. Asked to do things that may be questionable. Reprimands for employees not done privately.

Increase training procedures. Make sure all employee paperwork is legal. Better training for caregivers. Don't hold pay checks.

Not a very good experience

Current Employee - Pca  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Pca in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting to work with new people of various backgrounds

Cons

lack of hours. Not enough pay for the work you are doing.

try to focus on your workers. they do a lot of hard work but all they seem to care about is the money

Worked for Comfort Keepers? Contribute to the Community!