Comfort Keepers

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
2.9

Sarosh Mistry,

Pros
  • It's nice to know that you can make a difference in somebody's life and brighten their day (in 5 reviews)

• They are very flexible about schedules, which is really nice if you are in school and need a job that you can work around school (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Cons would be clients pass away, move, decline severely and circumstances change (in 4 reviews)

• Disorganization, poor communication, disrespect for caregivers and sometimes clients (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Caregiver

Current Employee - Caregiver in Clinton Township, MI
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Clinton Township, MI

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Yes I am a caregiver at the comfort keepers in clinton township I started about a month and a half ago at first i thought my interview went good everyone seemed really nice office was clean.

Cons

Until I was asked to list any days that I needed off in the first 90 days and list my days and times that I am available to work so when I did the HR lady told me she couldn't approve me taking a week off to care for my mother who was having surgery and caring for my son while my mom was recovering also a week after my onboarding they call me with a assignment and it was no where near what I put down for my availability so they took me off and gave me someone.else who was more than 25 miles from my house which I also told them 25 miles was the longest I would drive after that case canceled I was scheduled the first time with the hours I listed on my availability everything went great until all my babysitters had something going on on the same day which never happens so I call my scheduling manager 48 hours ahead of time to let her know and they forced me to come in even though I told them I couldn't then after the third time telling them they finally said we got it figured out so I went to work the following day thinking everything was okay then come Monday night at 7pm from the HR manager they were taking me off the schedule till I got my daycare/ babysitting set and then to call them when I'm ready to work I feel that was very unprofessional it was like they were making me choose between my son and or my job they didn't even take in consideration that I gave them enough notice and never got in trouble before this I have decided that I deserve better than that and I will not be working for them anymore they have no feelings or care for there employees and the HR Manager had the nerve to ask me after I told her when my son would be going back to school what if your son gets sick and I told her if my son got sick or hurt at school i would have to stay home to take care of him or leave and go get him it's nobody else's responsibility to do that but mine I'm his mother I don't think this lady liked me from the beginning and that's fine I have another job with a different agency and they are way more flexible and understanding and that's what I need I don't think this agency can keep employees and that's not good I have had nothing but negative feedback since I started from my other co workers and the other agency I work for I have heard nothing but good things I don't know how long comfort keepers has been in business but they need to learn to be more fair with there employees if your still employed with them good luck to you.

Be more fair with your employees and they will stick around longer and don't ever make your employees choose between the job or there family or kids that's not right

Stressful and poor training.

Former Employee - Associate in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Associate in Omaha, NE

I worked at Comfort Keepers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting to meet the CNA's. I believe in the work the CNS's and companions do. The visiting nurses work very hard to meet the needs of the clients.

Cons

Micromanaging. Poor communication. Inconsistent training. Normal gossip in the office. Asked to do things that may be questionable. Reprimands for employees not done privately.

Increase training procedures. Make sure all employee paperwork is legal. Better training for caregivers. Don't hold pay checks.

Comfort Keepers of Eugene is not only the BEST in the industry but GENIUS in Interactive Caregiving in a HOLISTICfashion

Current Employee - Comfort Keeper/Caregiver in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Comfort Keeper/Caregiver in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Comfort Keepers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Comfort Keepers of Eugene has a Comprehensive Customized Plan of Care for every client they send their Comfort Keepers to. Before the Comfort Keeper/Caregiver is introduced to the Clients, they have extensive training behind them.

Cons

All home care companies should have the HIGH standards that Comfort Keepers holds.

Comfort Keepers of Eugene: I want to thank you for building a great recruiting, training and retaining the highest quality of caregivers for the clients! When we have to meet face to face with the client as a caregiver I know that I have been specifically matched with that client for their needs and I have been well trained to meet their needs.

Poor/No Benefits, Stressful Experiences

Former Employee - HomeHealth Aide in Jupiter, FL
    Former Employee - HomeHealth Aide in Jupiter, FL

I worked at Comfort Keepers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are very little "pros" in working for this company...Many rules and regulations that are enforced or communicated in a sloppy/haphazard way.

Cons

LOW pay ($10 per hour, only because of my qualifications--they bill client at $20+ per hour!) POOR communication--one office admin can relay something, only to be "fussed at" by another "boss" for following the original rules. Turnover high, employee dissatisfaction very high.

Promised a 4 hour minimum when they are in a "jam," then they turn around and say "sorry, I can't bill client for 4 hour minimum..." NO consideration for employee. They will call you over and over (after you have already declined shift) to fill a spot in the schedule. This got to be annoying and unpleasant. It seemed as if you refused, you would not be called for other jobs.

NO OVERTIME paid, even if you worked over 40 hours a week. . NO assistance for gas/mileage even when promised to employee because of massive distance to workplace. NO sick days, NO insurance, NO 401k, etc.

Some clients were great and fun to help, but many I was assigned to had dementia and they should NOT have been without 24 hour care. I was afraid of what would happen to them when I left for home.

I worked out of the Jupiter, Florida office and the atmosphere was chaotic, high management turnover and NO training, yet they love to "fuss" when they think protocol not being followed...Protocol changed by the hour! Office staff very gossipy about other employees.

I worked there for 18 months (40-60 hours per week) and was given some granola bars and company pens for a "Christmas" present, along with a $10 gift certificate. I had to drive 40 miles to their office to pick up this "token of appreciation."

VERY unprofessional office staff with an extremely condescending attitude to employees...Benefits and training would be nice, along with keeping promises made. There is very little appreciation and too much condemnation.

care giver

I have been working at Comfort Keepers (more than an year)

Pros

like taking care of people

Cons

you tell the office no and they keep calling

none

Not a very good experience

Current Employee - Pca in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Pca in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting to work with new people of various backgrounds

Cons

lack of hours. Not enough pay for the work you are doing.

try to focus on your workers. they do a lot of hard work but all they seem to care about is the money

CNA

Current Employee - CNA/Care Giver in Lomita, CA
    Current Employee - CNA/Care Giver in Lomita, CA

I have been working at Comfort Keepers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay, good clients locations

Cons

No support or concern for the employees.

Caregiver

Current Employee - Caregiver in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Comfort Keepers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for three and a half years, I have four clients that I assist in their home. One client lives in an assisted living facility and I go twice a month. I love my clients, they have became like my grandparents and I look forward to seeing them.
    While I am with my clients I help with cleaning, some meals and one client I help with showering and take her to go shopping.
    I like that I am not doing the same thing every day that it gets changed up. The management is great-they treat me well.

Cons

Anytime you take care of people it is very demanding-rewarding but hard. Burnout is common, people tend to forget to take care of themselves.

Understand that caregivers work hard, it's a tough job and sometimes people forget.

CHEATED!

Former Employee - Caregiver in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Caregiver in College Station, TX

I worked at Comfort Keepers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clients are sweet and great to work with.

Cons

Was told I needed to turn in items before receiving last check. I did so one hour later that same day. Next day when picking up my check, was told I was deducted for items because "the checks had already been printed." I was never told I would be deducted for items anyway, just "let me see if payroll has been processed." What good was it for me to turn in items when I was going to be deducted for them anyway?

Better communication

They will hire anyone just to get a body to cover their home care clients.

Current Employee - Small Office-Prefer Not to Say in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Small Office-Prefer Not to Say in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Comfort Keepers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Their Marketing Representative has a heart of gold.

Cons

Little review of who they hire. They just want to fill a position so clients really don't know who they're getting to care for the seniors in their lives.

Remember that you're hiring people to care for client's loved ones. Try to hire employees you would want to care for your own parents.