Comfort Systems USA

Add Photos

Comfort Systems USA CEO and Director Brian E. Lane

Brian E. Lane

over a good experience

Service Tech (Current Employee)
    Edgewood, MD

Proslearned a lot in this field

Conswas treated very bad after injuring myself on the job. Was told to claim the injury on my majoe medical insurance. I had to retain a lawyer to get my Workman's Compensation claim processed. When I did return to work, I was let go for unspecified reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ask employees to break the law.

no good

Estimator (Former Employee)
    Edgewood, MD

Prosi had my own office

Consworse pms. i have ever seen.

Advice to Senior Managementfire them all

Worked for CSUSA for 3 years

Houston, TX

ProsLiked working with the comfort systems companies

ConsLow pay for many years of experience

Advice to Senior ManagementPay on scale

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SoCal after the leadership left it has been terrible, they have turned back the clock 10 years in 4 months.

Senior Mgt (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThere was a positive business plan that was being initiated but now it is all hype with no real experience to see that plan through.

ConsNo depth and all talk when it comes to make real business decisions. The management team now has no idea how to avoid trouble and they really do not know what inventory control is (and this is basic management 101).

Advice to Senior ManagementBrian Lane should look into this. The two biggest jobs on the books are now disasters and will remain that way and that will kill productivity again for several more years. Upper management is really a high level butt kissing contest within this company. Lets face it they are now very easy to compete with.

So so company run by bean counters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood supervisor
    Some individual freedom

ConsOut of place upper management

Its outstanding

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Mobile, AL

Prosfreedom to set my own schedule

ConsHigh pressure work environment but the benefits out way the stress

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Fair and solid working environment

ProsLarge corporation has it's benefits

ConsLarge corporation has it's drawbacks as well

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Not Good While I Was There

ProsNot Good While I Was There

ConsWorking for OEM was and still remains much better. They will pay you a lot to stay but its not worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire known felons to run branches. Especially those convicted of financial crimes.

Don't judge a book by it's cover!

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsLarge Company on the NYSE. Above average compensation and decent benefits.

ConsThe company lacks the structure and Guidelines a large, investor driven organization should have. The same autonomy that is being afforded to the field locations is what is driving customers and employees away. There is no standard of excellence. Large national service organizations like this one that are successful are typically requiring fair hiring and firing practices and documentation of such. Example, ARAMARK, Services Master, etc. The company needs to have a strong HR department to govern the field VP's/managers to make sure they are doing what is fair and legal.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are growing through aquisition, require the aquired companies to adhere to HR directives. And establish some guidelines that everyone is held accountable to. Otherwise, you are going to have great stability in the top regional and office management ranks as they manipulate the system and instability in operations, sales and business development. Your choice.

You are just a "number", there is no Human Resources, and even if your sales are good you are not safe!

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsPublicly held company with some recognition.
    Good pay, paid every week, excellent benefits, good commission structure, better than most.
    Freedom to be your own person with out lots of micromanagement.

ConsBecause of lack of a Human Resources the General Managers act like Kings in there own little kingdom making up rules, regulations, quotas as they see fit, hit your quota in 3rd qrt. and watch as you get a new one by the 4th qrt. There is a true lack of professionalism through out the company. High turn over rates with techs, office staff, and very little training for any one! Customers are used up and spit out without a care as to hard it was to get them on board. Absolutely no marketing of any kind is done. And HQ never checks in on the regional offices, so the little kings can make stories and pass them along to HQ as they see fit, in some cases the regional offices were stealing from HQ and the rest of us got hit hard with the burden of paying for this over sight! old technology with no hope of advances in the for seeable future.

Advice to Senior Managementstart seriously listening to you employees when they are making suggestions, read the emails and letters you are sent. Build a true HR office where complaints can be addressed, investigate why some regional offices have a 400% turn over rate!!!! Maybe the little king is a tyrant?!! And a huge law suit is most likely waiting just around the corner! INVEST IN TECHNOLOGY!!!!

Worked for Comfort Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comfort Systems USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comfort Systems USA CEO Brian E. Lane. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Comfort Systems USA employees.