Comm3 Reviews

Updated January 23, 2015
7 reviews filtered by
3.4
Troy L. Cryer

1. Great company with strong leadership, collaborative environment and unlimited opportunity

Current Employee - Director in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Addison, TX

I have been working at Comm3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Corporate Values
    Comm3 is not only genuinely committed to customer satisfaction, but puts a strong focus on employee satisfaction. Management has a sincere interest in your career development and well-being.

- Strong Leadership
    Both the President and CEO work with a contagious passion rarely seen in today's C-suite, which I'd guess is directly correlated to their continued success. Moreover, they are forward-thinking and willing to embrace new methodologies.

- Opportunity
    Comm3 provides an environment where employees can get out as much as they put in, so you have the opportunity to chart your own career path.

- Great culture, good benefits and partnerships with world-class companies.

Cons

Nothing substantive. You must be a proactive, self-starter to work here, as there's no micro-managing; however, this is a pro for most.

Keep doing what you're doing and make sure to recognize and reward the accomplishments of the team - it goes a long way!

Aug 18, 2014CEO

Thank you for the positive comments and the reminder about rewards. We definitely need to recognize the accomplishments of the team more often. We agree, this does go a long way! Growing a ... More

2. Sales

I worked at Comm3 full-time

Pros

Great product portfolio and dedicated customers. Bright and talented group of people.

Cons

Very strange company culture. Failure is expected and employees whisper about the anger and distrust the owners have for former & current employees.

Learn new management styles. One size does not fit all. Trust the people you hire and treat them with professionalism. You hire talented people and they want to perform for you.

3. Versatile, Challenging, and Rewarding

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Comm3 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a team-oriented company with short and long term vision. Growth is exponential so the atmosphere is always exciting, and no two days are alike. Everyone here works hard and above reproach. Standard benefits, great pay, and overall an excellent company to work for.

Cons

None that I have run into, but there is always room for improvement in any company.

Thank you for treating us with respect and listening to our input.

Aug 18, 2014CEO

The most important feedback we get is from our team and our customers. Please continue to provide your suggestions on how we can improve our company and your experience at Comm3.

5. Good opportunity to learn technology

Current Employee - Senior Technician in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technician in Addison, TX

I have been working at Comm3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Comm3 is involved in a lot of different technologies so the opportunity for growth is high. I learned to have a deep understanding about VoIP, data, and wireless technologies that I was not trained on before. Ownership is understanding of personal issues and actually paid me extra when I had a death in the family. They also have a SEP retirement plan that starts after 3yrs of employment which is excellent. Benefits are standard.

Cons

You have to be a self starter at this company, if you expect to be trained on everything and want a lot of hand holding to perform above a beyond your duties, it will not happen at this company. Management expects a lot out of their employees and communication could be improved.

More specific training programs
    Increased communications

Aug 18, 2014CEO

Supporting voice, data & video needs for our customers is very demanding. On the other hand, it brings a stronger relationship since our customers depend on our expertise. We do try to provide as ... More

6. Avoid

I have been working at Comm3 (more than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Very small company with a huge lack in direction from the ownership team.
    Extremely unorganized for being so small, new sales and technical employees are left to figure out how the organization works, including the products that are sold, overall sales strategy, etc.
    Plenty of budgets for the owners to drive expensive trucks and cars, and eat $25 lunches everyday, but ask for a corporate card instead of having to use your own and you get a blank stare.
    Very small company trying to act like a big company, which is fine, but the micromanagement will never let them get to the size they want to.
    No 401k, Very High Health Insurance rates.

Aug 18, 2014CEO

Unfortunately the world has its share of unhappy people. Simple logic would say a person could be happy if you provide them with an opportunity to work, be part of a specialized team, and contribute ... More

7. Excellent upside potential, growing and dynamic industry

Current Employee - Account Management in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Account Management in Addison, TX

I have been working at Comm3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Comm3 provides best in class products, great opportunity for right candidate. The tools, training and assistance with closing business is along side some of the best companies in the business. This company has qualified for the Inc5000 fastest growing companies 5 yrs in a row and is at the top in sales for some products in the Southwest territory.

Cons

You must produce results, not an employer that allows unproductive sales people, they want new opportunities. Some sales people are used to having to produce "new opportunities" in a hunter role. They have come from companies that allow them to "farm" existing base. The management is looking for business that can grow company, not sit back and expect business to come in.

Screen candidates early on to determine if the sales position is the right fit, even if you "just need a job" it will not work at this company unless you are productive, then you will be a success.

Aug 18, 2014CEO

Agree totally on improving our screening of potential candidates. We also agree on producing results...but this is a fair expectation for not only the company but our entire team. Everyone wants to ... More

8. Very misleading

I have been working at Comm3

Pros

opporutnity to make money if they let you.

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of guidance too much talk and not enough engagement base is way below market standards for the Dallas FT Worth Area. The burn rate on sales reps at this company is very high.

Get off the micromanagement kick and let your team sell,

Aug 18, 2014CEO

Not all experiences are positive and this was a prime example of what happens when a sales manager cares more about filling an open position rather than determining if the candidate is the right fit ... More