CommNet International

Douglas Collier

Small Company Mentality

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsSeveral quality IT Technical people within CommNet
    For the most part, CommNet was responsive to their client base regarding tech support issues
    Training was decent but could have been more consistent and ongoing.

ConsFor the most part, communications between Manager and employees working for the Manager were poor. The main reason was that most decisions were made by The President carried out with very little or no discussion with the affected employees.
    Key Promises made by management to employees were not always instituted.
    Not flexible regarding hours or telecommuting.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave Management be more open and friendly to employees.
    When promises are made to employees, honor them.

Valuable experience for IT and re-seller companies, but the whispers were too much to handle.

Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) Voorhees, NJ

ProsThe working conditions were drastically improved compared to my last job. I worked in a paper mill prior to this position and the noise and heat were unbearable. I did gain some experience in how re-sellers do business and gained some knowledge from a technical standpoint. I was involved in shipping, receiving, return merchandise authorization, sales, customer support and inventory control. I was also involved in reconciliation for any shipping, receiving and sales issues that occured. Dealing with all these aspects of the position allowed me to transfer those skills to future employment opportunities. The compensation and benefits, as well as the salary were all comparable at the time.

ConsThe career opportunities were very limited within the organization. A position would have to be eliminated before any movement would occur. Communication was very one sided as it seemed the focus was on voicing the negatives instead of accentuating the positives. Employee morale was mixed as many of the employees talked about each other, which usually occurs in a small work environment. Although it was a small company of about 15 people, there were cliques throughout. I felt left out or not part of the group during my tenure. As mentioned before the recognition and feedback seemed to be focused on the negative. This is what lead to the other low ratings toward this organizaton.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management at CommNet and all other types of businesses should realize that they are nowhere without their employees.

Worked for CommNet International? Contribute to the Community!