CommScope

Be The First To
Add Photos

CommScope President & CEO Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr

Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr

Pros
  • Good benefits, relaxed working environment, new technologies(in 5 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule, Good work environment(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • it's hard to believe there is any more costs left to cut once the good ole boy machine (aka - everyone knows that is Hickory(in 5 reviews)

• Too much good ole boy mentality within WIG group(in 4 reviews)

very professional

Machinist (Current Employee) Joliet, IL

Prosgood pay and easy work

Consbenefits and some of the offshift hours

Not what it used to be

Office (Former Employee) Joliet, IL

ProsFlexible hours, good location, good pay, good benefits

ConsPoor working conditions in factory & office (temperature, noise level, dirt)
    Great place to work if all you ever get rewarded with is getting to wear jeans because some sports team won the night before. And, if you're a wedding planner in training - this is the place to be. More event planning goes on here than actual work. Or if you're a Director, take a 2 hour lunch, THEN go work out upstairs for another hour, and walk past all the people who have to punch a time clock that get 30 minutes for lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to what is (or isn't) going on.

Schizophrenic Company

ProsWartime feeling of camaraderie. Individual contributors are very supportive. Many functional managers are regular people who offer support, feedback and non-monetary recognition.

ConsThe company has a thick ethics policy that is handed to every new employee. Regrettably a large proportion of middle management act in unethical ways. Toxic managers are protected, often for years, and although I have not personally observed this, there are rumors of quid pro quo promotions in return for sex. Training of supervisory staff is close to non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead your own ethics policy. Meet with employees and find out which ones live in constant fear of their managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice affable people but probably not the best place to build a career

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Ashburn, VA

Pros1. Great start up like environment where you can get to wear as many hats as you like. Nice people including management.
    2. Fairly flat organization

ConsBusiness not doing very well

Good place to work

Electronics Technician (Current Employee) Forest, VA

ProsFlexible hours for Technician staff, competitive salary for the area, Veteran friendly

ConsHealth insurance could be better

poor management,poor pay,benefits,only concerned about closing down Omaha Works

Production Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnothing good to say about them

Constheir management no knowledge of our products,nothing about quality,had to have our people set up our machinery in North Carolina they had no clue,

Advice to Senior Managementfire all your Commscope management hire Lucent Avaya management

Overall experience was positive.

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsGood people and work environment, focus on customer solutions. Flexibility with hours. Focus is on getting the job done.

ConsNot impressed with HR leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR leadership at site level needs attention.

Commscope is a great place to work for with great people to work with.

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Ashburn, VA

ProsFlexible work schedule, Good work environment

ConsSometimes need to spend long hours at work.

Good company to work for.

ProsExcellent work/life balance and flexibility. Reasonable work hours, relaxed atmosphere. Company policies are supportive of flexibility required in personal life. Competitive pay.

ConsDepending on your position, working at CommScope can get dull and boring. However, that may be true for many companies so not necessarily a con.

Good place to start a career but dont plan on advancing.

ProsGreat place to learn and allows you to make contacts at other companies in the industry

ConsUpper management does not understand the industry. They do not have even a basic understanding of telecom beyond buzz words. Most of then can not tell you the difference between an antenna and an amplifier. They approach the industry not as innovators but a simply widget manufacturers. Was great as Andrew but since merger with Commscope there has been a constant slide down hill. Very difficult to get promoted from within for most. External candidates are favored over internal ones in regards to compensation.
    Andrew promoted based on skill and proven ability, Commscope promotes based on "Good ole boy" network and formal education. If you have a degree from ITT Tech or Phoenix you will be promoted more aptly than a person with 20+years of practical proven experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementFactor in practical skill. INNOVATE. Andrew became strong by innovating and that has been lost since Commscope merger.

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!