CommScope

Be The First To
Add Photos

CommScope President & CEO Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr

Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr

Pros
  • Good benefits, relaxed working environment, new technologies (in 5 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule, Good work environment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • it's hard to believe there is any more costs left to cut once the good ole boy machine (aka - everyone knows that is Hickory (in 5 reviews)

• Too much good ole boy mentality within WIG group (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Company needs to get with the times

Pros- Time Off policies
    - Friendly people in the local facility
    - Wants to do better by its employees (but see the Cons)
    - Flexible job

Cons- While the company wants to do better by its employees, it hosed up health benefits during the 2014 open enrollment. More options at a higher cost to the employee.
    - Stuck in a 70's/80's style of management. There's no culture. Everyone is on their own. No sense of leadership to drive success from the managers (at all levels within the company). No one really knows what the path towards future success is supposed to be and, if they know it, they don't share it - not purposefully but usually because they don't realize how knowledge can empower others within the company to strive for success. Many broken or old processes that people do no t want to fix for fear of becoming replaceable.
    - Bonuses are offered to most levels of employees within the company but they are tied to goals that result in employees not working favorably together for the overall betterment of the company. Instead, it's for the betterment of their own bonuses.
    - No accountability results in folks only looking out for themselves and lacking empathy for how their processes affect others. It results in lots of wasted time and wasted money.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead some of the latest case studies on management. Look for real ways to make real impacts to the culture of the company. Don't rely on just an internal survey to be the justification of culture and process improvements. Look at how you're managing and employ actions that empower and engage the workforce. Empower the folks in all levels of the company so they care about their jobs. Finally, all levels of indirect staff need some accountability. It would go a long way to fix some of the inherent, cyclical process dependency issues which result in wasted time and money.

poor management,poor pay,benefits,only concerned about closing down Omaha Works

Production Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnothing good to say about them

Constheir management no knowledge of our products,nothing about quality,had to have our people set up our machinery in North Carolina they had no clue,

Advice to Senior Managementfire all your Commscope management hire Lucent Avaya management

Schizophrenic Company

ProsWartime feeling of camaraderie. Individual contributors are very supportive. Many functional managers are regular people who offer support, feedback and non-monetary recognition.

ConsThe company has a thick ethics policy that is handed to every new employee. Regrettably a large proportion of middle management act in unethical ways. Toxic managers are protected, often for years, and although I have not personally observed this, there are rumors of quid pro quo promotions in return for sex. Training of supervisory staff is close to non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead your own ethics policy. Meet with employees and find out which ones live in constant fear of their managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not what it used to be

Office (Former Employee) Joliet, IL

ProsFlexible hours, good location, good pay, good benefits

ConsPoor working conditions in factory & office (temperature, noise level, dirt)
    Great place to work if all you ever get rewarded with is getting to wear jeans because some sports team won the night before. And, if you're a wedding planner in training - this is the place to be. More event planning goes on here than actual work. Or if you're a Director, take a 2 hour lunch, THEN go work out upstairs for another hour, and walk past all the people who have to punch a time clock that get 30 minutes for lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to what is (or isn't) going on.

Nice affable people but probably not the best place to build a career

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Ashburn, VA

Pros1. Great start up like environment where you can get to wear as many hats as you like. Nice people including management.
    2. Fairly flat organization

ConsBusiness not doing very well

very professional

Machinist (Current Employee) Joliet, IL

Prosgood pay and easy work

Consbenefits and some of the offshift hours

Good place to work

Electronics Technician (Current Employee) Forest, VA

ProsFlexible hours for Technician staff, competitive salary for the area, Veteran friendly

ConsHealth insurance could be better

Overall experience was positive.

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsGood people and work environment, focus on customer solutions. Flexibility with hours. Focus is on getting the job done.

ConsNot impressed with HR leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR leadership at site level needs attention.

Commscope is a great place to work for with great people to work with.

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Ashburn, VA

ProsFlexible work schedule, Good work environment

ConsSometimes need to spend long hours at work.

Good while it lasted

Jacket Helper (Former Employee) Claremont, NC

ProsHigh wages and plenty of overtime

ConsThey will fire you at the drop of a hat

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees better insurance at lower price. And let them buy stock through their 401k

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!