CommVault

CommVault Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

CommVault Chairman, President, and CEO Bob Hammer

Bob Hammer

Pros
  • Good product for marketing , nothing much that i can think off(in 10 reviews)

• Great product (although complicated for customers)(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management team works on direct orders by US(in 5 reviews)

• Because of all the above your work/life balance is gone for a toss(in 3 reviews)

Great company that is doing all it can to grow revenues.

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsFlexiblity, solid technology, reputation.

ConsGrowing pains. Although CommVault started in the '90s, it is struggling to grow revenues as consistently as it has in the past 5 years. The company is in hiring mode but if it doesn't manage people growth well employee churn will increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline internal processes and beware that larger competitors have ways to box out CommVault in the field.

job with pros and cons

Engineer (Current Employee)

Proslocation in a nice place, company values, time off, challenging, some are nice coworkers, some departments are not cooperative

Conscommunication and leadership, office culture, stock, advancement. in an effort to increase competition, certain objectives are not met and considered

Challenging, Fast Paced Environment

Director Marketing (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCompany is focused on information management delivering a technically superior product, which is entirely home grown.
    Does NOT acquire companies to grow.
    Consistent QoQ/YoY growth
    No Debt, $500M in the bank
    Everyone contributes... No do nothing managers

ConsCannot hire people fast enough

Advice to Senior ManagementGood vision and execution (outside of hiring faster :))

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director in a Worldwide-role

Director (Current Employee)

ProsI have never seen a leadership that is so committed to it's core values: Integrity, Innovation, Execution, Collaboration, Passion, and Respect. How often have you heard "every employee has an inherent right to be happy at work"? Executive leadership is personally committed to the well-being and development of their teams, and they have take steps to demonstrate it...not just say it.

The leadership is taking the long view when it comes to growth. It's one thing to have the best products in the market, it's another thing to have leadership commit to enabling even better products and the go-to-market approach. There has never been a better time to join CommVault!

ConsCommVault is not for everyone...it isn't for those that can't handle ambiguity or dynamic environments. Additionally, if someone isn't wired around the core values, it's probably not for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommVault's leaders should continue to hire to the core values, enable sales effectiveness, and invest in innovation. Don't succumb to quick but short-term wins to only lose real value. Keep it up! There is a reason why your employees are Happy!!

Good technology

Enterprise Account ExecAccount (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTechnology quality and the engineering talent

ConsSenior management is very greedy and won't share the equity wealth that's been created.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the equity with those that are putting up numbers that make you rich.

interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is the best product in it's space. Sr. Leadership has a detailed understanding of their market.

ConsThe challenges the space between the area directors. and vp's the the front office

Avoid at all costs!!!!

Enterprise Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product (although complicated for customers).... um, that's about it. Lots more Cons than Pros when working at this company.

ConsQuestionable ethics at management level. Ridiculous amount of scrutiny and micro management throughout the sales process - so much so that it impedes the sales process. Earnings calls always tout double digit growth figures - and yet only 20% of salesforce regularly meet their quotas. Very long sales cycle for this solution of about 18 months to 2 years. One of the worst cultures of any company I have ever encountered in my career. Highest level of attrition I have ever seen. No camaraderie, no support from upper management, and all about the "numbers".

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO should wake up and clean house of upper management. They are promoting this toxic culture. Employees in all areas of the company are dissatisfied. Entire teams are leaving in droves. Customers and Partners are extremely unhappy with the level of attrition.

High pressure but fun and fast paced

ProsFlat organisation structure, approachability of the top management. Good managers who are there to back you up when needed. Flexibility.

ConsSome times the pressure is so high that it can break people down.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive equal importance to all employees, even the not so good performers- they can improve if given the right guidance.

Team Lead in development.

Team Lead (Current Employee) Oceanport, NJ

ProsGood product, Good technology exposure

ConsSometimes too much work, work pressure can be high depending on team. Over all who works hard and smart can grow easily otherwise can take reverse effect too.

Worked as IT and now in the testing department

ProsIt is great to be part of something that has grown to what we have become

Conslong hours around release times but we do get food...

Advice to Senior Managementkeep an ear open to all the employee issues.

Worked for CommVault? Contribute to the Community!