Command Alkon

Be The First To
Add Photos

Phil Ramsey

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Where I want to end my career!

Human Resources (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsCommand Alkon puts all of their focus in two areas... their customers and their employees. CAI provides an incredible work atmosphere as well as an extremely financially stable work environment. The best part of working here are my co-workers and the Executive Leadership Team that drives our company towards the future. We are also very active in the community as well. I only wish I could have found this company 10 to 15 years ago.

ConsCAI is very stable with about 450 employees world-wide with an average tenure around 11 years. Because of this I have noticed that some employees are unsatisfied by the speed of promotions or upward career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to share the company strategies and direction as we head into the future.

Started Out Great in 2005, GFC & Change in Management Created Not-So-Great Job

Batch Service Support (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsThere were several positives and benefits when I joined CAi. i.e. Bonuses, extra time off, abundance of travel, lot of over-time (In-house & travel), plenty of team members for the workload and high moral. Nearly everyone was happy and thankful to be there.

ConsDue to GFC and change in management, most benefits were gone, a "No overtime" policy implemented and staff was cut to the bone. The workload became unbearable and customer's noticed. Not completely CAi's fought as the GFC hit all companies in the US; they had to make several difficult decisions. However, in my mind, some of management's decisions were a bit insensitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll in all, CAi was a great experience and I am thankful for the opportunity to have worked there. I can't speak to current working conditions so I can't offer any qualified advice. My guess is moral has returned to or has nearly returned to pre-GFC levels.

Great opportunity for a career.

Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsOffers good flexibility to change positions within the company.
    Good Travel opportunities in Implementation, understanding management for life changes or temporary situations that come up, like having children or family responsibilities. Some remote work is allowed, and experienced employees can work from remote cities.

ConsCompensation in Birmingham might be slightly below some other major cities for the same position.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very under paid ....

Project Manager (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsIf you work overseas, there are more opportunities for you to grow than in the US.

ConsSeriously underpays its employees. No fairness in salaries or treatment. Executive leadership is good but the middle level managers, who play a big role in a small company like this are very overrated and lack in leadership skills.

Good company to work for if you want to be stuck

Account Service Consultant (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsBest years of the company are long gone. Still almost family oriented. Not a big corporation

ConsNot a single possibility to grow within the company. Layoffs due to the economic "crisis"

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the old Command Alkon

Tough times...

Sales (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsSolid mgmt, good products, 80% market share gives this company a fantastic base to work from. They need to pull themselves into better fundemental technology.

ConsConstruction materials industry is down 50-60%... the good 'ol boy network may be alive and well there... 80% market share... they need to continue seeking out and introducing new add-on products.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider keeping good people and move them in and through the company instead of having a cellar-style employee retention style.

Great company in a southern city

Prefer Not to Answer (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsThey are very flexible when it comes to time off for necessary things like doctor's appointments, etc.

ConsThe tendency to downplay a job's requirements in order to pay employees less.

Advice to Senior ManagementA pat on the back is wonderful, but especially in dire economic times such as we're currently facing, be sure all employees are getting fair compensation for the work that they do.

Worked for Command Alkon? Contribute to the Community!