Command Transportation

Command Transportation Reviews

Updated May 20, 2014

Command Transportation CEO Paul Loeb

Paul Loeb

Eat, sleep, and breathe freight

Account Executive (Current Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsPossibility to earn a lot of money, freedom to call any customer/ carrier that is not working with us. Good initial training program and continuing education. Casual dress code.

ConsVery congested marketplace. If you aren't hitting your numbers you're gone. A lot of hours 50+ per week average. Frowned upon to take your full hour for lunch. 10% after year 2.

Advice to Senior Managementallow more freedoms to reps if they're hitting their numbers.

Sink or Swim

Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood opportunity to make money, decent entry level job

ConsSink or swim, lack of support or investment in employees and education

Advice to Senior ManagementChange culture: more professional, offer real training and education for employess, may people leave there with no other valuable skills i.e. B2B selling other than in the logistics industry....given that your turnover average is 2-3 years it would be helpful to retaining employees as well as attracting graduates.

Very busy but laid back environment.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsCoffee is always flowing in the office.
    Dress code is very relaxed.
    You will always find a way to stay busy.
    Benefits are great.

ConsManagement lacks leadership and motivation skills.
    10 hour days can drain you out.
    Not very team oriented at all.
    Daily arguments with other reps is normal and expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer basic guidance to your sales team. Also encourage team work and social events.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company to work for

Account Executive (Current Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsThey train you and give you the tools to achieve success and make truly uncapped salary.

ConsThe hours and commute take a lot of time away from personal life, but besides that the job is amazing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove the office to the city.

It is what you make of it

Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsTONS of potential to make serious money, especially at a young age.
    For the most part, you have complete autonomy of how you build your book of business.
    Great business model that MAKES MONEY!
    Company tells you what the job is upfront. Does not sugar coat what the opportunity is.

ConsVery unprofessional coworkers at times. Wanted to tear my hair out at times because of lack of intelligence and common sense of peers.
    There are times when people will act in their own interests at any expense of their peers.

High Pressured Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice fun people to work with

Conshigh pressure sales, tough dog eat dog environment.

Great Opportunitie$ To Be Had

National Accounts Executive (Current Employee) Skokie, IL

Pros-Uncapped income potential. (making over $100,000 in less than 4 years)
    -Company is in the Top 0.001% of its industry (ranked #12 out of more than 25,000 brokerages)
    -Ability to manage in less than 2 years. I had my own assistant before my 2nd full year.
    -Ability to run your own business, yes, literally do as you wish every day, dont have to do anything you dont choose to do.
    -Great management/upper management-Both at your disposal whenever you need.
    -Competitive environment.
    -Casual attire- Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, flip flops.
    -NO TERRITORIES- able to pursue business anywhere you wish in USA/Canada.

Cons-Immature staff- 1/2 the people here dont take work seriously, take ZERO responsibility for issues and act like they are in HS still.
    -Not much opportunity to travel and meet clients-inside sales

Advice to Senior ManagementHire stronger candidates who display real motivation to succeed.

Command Transportation Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood team environment, well managed, good training, young people, good start for career in sales

ConsNo commission first year, inside sales

Hard Core

Sales (Former Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsAbility to make beaucoup bucks. Can be a fun environment.

ConsVERY young (and immature) staff. Definitely favorites with the owners. Exhausting. You are competing against someone who is sitting 18 inches from you with no partition between you both.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to work!!!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsGreat place to work. The young dynamic of the company makes this office more suited for someone just starting out in the work force. Nice to be in control of your own business. The harder you work the more you will be compensated. The benefits are great as well.

ConsWorking from 7-5 and then having to deal with work outside of hours as well.

Worked for Command Transportation? Contribute to the Community!