Commercial Lighting Industries

Frank Halcovich

Great Opportunity for Hard Workers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Commercial Lighting Industries (more than 3 years)

Pros

No micromanagement, supportive managers willing to teach and assist. Holiday parties, monthly employee appreciation party, room for advancement for the self-motivated.

Cons

Would be nice to have sick days separate from accrued vacation. Health benefits are not affordable.

I have no advice for the management, I really enjoy working here and intend to stay on and continue to grow!

Work hard but Learn a lot

Current Employee - Project Manager in Indio, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Indio, CA

I have been working at Commercial Lighting Industries (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy getting up every day for work. You have to work hard to learn and earn a lot. If you don't then you'll never make it in any job
    Owner knows what he is doing
    He is knowledgable
    Room to move up if you work hard
    Taco Friday
    Cool coworkers
    Amazing office
    Friendly managers

Cons

There really isn't- in any job if you don't work hard,
    Come in early then don't expect a raise or any special attention. If you do all the above and don't get a raise then there's an issue. But that's never the case

Fun environment, with managers who cared

Former Employee - Ecommerce Assistant in Indio, CA
    Former Employee - Ecommerce Assistant in Indio, CA

I worked at Commercial Lighting Industries full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Managers are knowledgeable and fun always looking to make people feel appreciated. And there were tons of appreciation days with the company, and I always had lots of work.

Cons

The pay wasn't adequate for the responsibilities. Upper management didn't take a lot of time to get to know the entry level employees, and we had really small cubicles.

Ecom team was really great, they really tried to get to know us as people. You should do the same.

Pleasant place to work

Former Employee - Data Entry E-comm in Indio, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry E-comm in Indio, CA

I worked at Commercial Lighting Industries full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I always was challenged. I liked my coworkers my manager, and what I did. I always felt like I enjoyed coming into the office. I worked for the ecom division.

Cons

Pay, I wish to have made more money. 10 per hour isn't enough for what I was doing or for my life.

Increase pay. Have more time and availability

dont work there

Former Employee - Sales in Indio, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Indio, CA

I worked at Commercial Lighting Industries full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-you have a job
    -5 days vacation / personal time
    -holiday party
    -nice co-workers
    -free food once in a while

Cons

you are working for commercial lighting

help your staff

Lack of Ethics and Loyalty

I worked at Commercial Lighting Industries full-time

Pros

you have a job. loved my customers.

Cons

cannot trust anyone especially management or owners. no matter what you do right or how many times, one wrong gets you belittled and ridiculed and if it is not in front of people or within hearing distance (which is a lot of the time it is) everyone will know about it soon enough because there is no respect or privacy to keep it between the employee and management only.

way too much advise to begin to mention!

Commercial Lighting Industries Response

Sep 3, 2014Manager

Were sorry this happened- hopefully you enjoy new job!

Great Place to Work!

I worked at Commercial Lighting Industries full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Commercial Lighting Industries wasn't just a job, well the environment anyway. It felt like a place to go where you work and still have fun. Great people, especially the owners and E-commerce managers. If it weren't for the high opportunity in pay, I would have stayed there longer.

Cons

Could pay a little more, other than that I loved it!

None so far.

Friendly environment with lots of work

I worked at Commercial Lighting Industries full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very fast pace company with fun loving people. The workload can some times be heavy but it is always fulfilling. Company hosts annual parties, fun events, and themed dress up days. The company does care about its employees but it can sometimes feel hard to approach management with questions or ideas.

Cons

With a heavy workload comes stress and that can sometimes weigh in on you after a while. There was very little room for advancement, which was rather disappointing. At times it felt as though the rate at which people were let go was rather high and that placed additional stress on employees fearing for job security. Pay was rather low and there didn't seem to be an opportunity to approach that subject without bothering management.

Strive to make your employees feel appreciated and more secure. Talk with department managers in regards to employee performance on a regular basis, it is important to know how well each employee is doing. Reward hardworking employees if you want to keep them satisfied.

No light at the end of the tunnel

I have been working at Commercial Lighting Industries full-time

Pros

If you do as you are told and don't speak your mind you will get a perk every now and then. They are trying to make a more positive atmosphere with theme days and employee appreciation lunches but most of the time the time the owners are not there or participate. Annual Christmas parties are nice and interesting.

Cons

You have to constantly watch your back. You cannot trust anyone especially the owner and management. You can do a great job and bust your butt working lots of unpaid overtime and get many kudos from customers, but one mistake which most of the time for most of the employees, is just human error and not a big mistake or cost the company money or upset the customer. But God forbid the owner or management hears about it and you are now the worst employee ever and EVERYONE hears about it and knows about it. Verbal abuse regardless who is around or who hears it. A lot of dishonesty, no discretion.

Study up on the definition of Ethics and respect is. Not only your employees but your customers. Sick days should not be part of PTO. It takes so long to get hours to count towards your PTO and if you get sick that is your only vacation time.

Awful environment, shady business, no job security.

I worked at Commercial Lighting Industries

Pros

Annual Christmas party
    Some nice staff
    Employee discount on light bulbs

Cons

-Lots of clique's
    -E-Commerce management is a joke
    -Most of management does not care about their employees
    -extremely high turnover rate
    -hard work is not noticed
    -E-commerce management consists of two gossipy women that are unfit for their positions.
    -Extremely low pay
    -Reviews are not done in a timely manner
    -Don't expect a raise
    -CEO and CFO are cheap when it comes to their employees, while they spend millions on new homes and vacations.

Take a step back and reevaluate how you treat your employees. Happy and well paid employees are willing to work harder and go the extra mile. Ignored and underpaid employees offer nothing but the bare minimum and total resentment.

The Upper management team needs to reevaluate the E-Commerce team and the management. Not everything is as it seems. Shady business is done to boost profits while essentially stealing money from vendors.