Commercial Programming Systems

Updated August 14, 2014
Updated August 14, 2014
4.7

Al Strong

I'd work for them in a heartbeat

I have been working at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I consider the people at CPS to be among the best informed and most professional people I have worked with. There are very few people who have called me with a job that I can say have done their homework on the position so well that any question I can ask will be answered with any BS or saying they will find out for me.

Cons

The only "con" is that there aren't more companies like CPS. Also, unfortunately, I wish they'd find more openings in Orange County that fit my background.

I'd like to see you expand and succeed. Perhaps there is a way to be more of an innovator in terms of training and paid time-off, where applicable.

Not many out there like CPS - they are indeed the best!

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

- Very supportive and caring management - they will even go out of their way to support their employees.
    - Very high work ethics and standards.
    - Very prompt and efficient in all communications and in addressing any and all issues that you may have.

In all these years, I have had no reason to be dissatisfied with my employment with CPS, and I have only good words for them.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of ...

No advice to them - they are all good people.

Great Company

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Torrance, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The management is great and the support staff is helpful.

Cons

I can't really think of one!

Keep up the good work!

Very excellent company

Current Employee - USC Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - USC Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Commercial Programming Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are well informed and hard working. They treated me very professionally and got to where I wanted to be today. Thank you.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that is a con against CPS. Like I said they are very professional and give excellent service.

Always positive.

Former Employee - Production Control Analyst
    Former Employee - Production Control Analyst

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My relationship with CPS spans some 25 years. Each time that I reached out to this office I was always treated as a professional. My appreciation for their efforts and their results is great.

Cons

None! I have never had a negative experience with this company.

Keep doing it like you do.

One of the best IT staffing companies I have worked with

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Culver City, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I've known Donna Preston for years and it's rare to find people like her who genuinely care about their clients, customers, and consultants. The organization acts in the best interest of their client and consultant which is hard to find these days. The organization has been around for a very long time which means long standing relationships and a good network of clients and talent.

Cons

My only negative thing to say is that I wish I could've worked more with CPS on other endeavors.

Keep up the great work. Get more visibility on the social networking sites regarding contract and job opportunities.

Hired for a 2 month contract, turned into permanent employment for 7+ years

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, friendly people. Years later I'm still in contact with Donna. I had a great experience with CPS and I would unreservedly recommend her to anyone.

Cons

I had a contract position and we all know the negatives about this kind of work. However, I excelled at my job and I was hired on permanently at a great salary.

None, they don't appear to need any.

They found me work, when I wanted it, and where I wanted it

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor

Pros

Donna and all the others I've had contact with at CPS have been friendly and helpful. They had always found me the position I desired, even down to the location I preferred. I've always referred friends there when they were looking for a job.

Cons

I've never had a problem with them.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Business Analyst/Business Intelligence in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst/Business Intelligence in Burbank, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had a great experience working with this firm. I was prepared for the interview, my contract was extended, and the firm keeps in contact from time to time. I would still be working with them if I didn't get a regular full-time position. I visited the office and met the entire staff, I was impressed and the energy was great.

Cons

I wish they had more part-time or remote positions. There's a huge market for company's that embrace teleworking and I think the firm should consider those contracts. As an IT professional with a lot of remote working experience, there is no need to be on site to get work accomplished.

Please look for teleworking/part time positions. I think this is a huge market and I would like the option to make more money without having to participate in the traditional employee work hours.

Glad they found me!

Current Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Commercial Programming Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They matched my skills perfectly with my current job and so after 6 months out of a year contract I got hired permanently. They gave me full benefits during the contract, which was nice to have because of my family. Donna and Al took me to lunch on my very first day, which was a nice touch.

Cons

I didn't get the salary I wanted but it was good enough at that time.

No advice--They're fully capable.