Commercial Programming Systems Reviews

4.7
Al Strong

1. I'd work for them in a heartbeat

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I consider the people at CPS to be among the best informed and most professional people I have worked with. There are very few people who have called me with a job that I can say have done their homework on the position so well that any question I can ask will be answered with any BS or saying they will find out for me.

Cons

The only "con" is that there aren't more companies like CPS. Also, unfortunately, I wish they'd find more openings in Orange County that fit my background.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see you expand and succeed. Perhaps there is a way to be more of an innovator in terms of training and paid time-off, where applicable.

2. One of the best IT staffing companies I have worked with

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Culver City, CA
    Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Culver City, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I've known Donna Preston for years and it's rare to find people like her who genuinely care about their clients, customers, and consultants. The organization acts in the best interest of their client and consultant which is hard to find these days. The organization has been around for a very long time which means long standing relationships and a good network of clients and talent.

Cons

My only negative thing to say is that I wish I could've worked more with CPS on other endeavors.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Get more visibility on the social networking sites regarding contract and job opportunities.

3. Not many out there like CPS - they are indeed the best!

Current Contractor - Programmer Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Programmer Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Very supportive and caring management - they will even go out of their way to support their employees. - Very high work ethics and standards. - Very prompt and efficient in all communications and in addressing any and all issues that you may have. In all these years, I have had no reason to be dissatisfied with my employment with CPS, and I have only good words for them.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of ...

Advice to Management

No advice to them - they are all good people.

5. Great Company

Former Contractor - QA Analyst in Torrance, CA
    Former Contractor - QA Analyst in Torrance, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The management is great and the support staff is helpful.

Cons

I can't really think of one!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. Very excellent company

Current Employee - USC Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - USC Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Commercial Programming Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are well informed and hard working. They treated me very professionally and got to where I wanted to be today. Thank you.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that is a con against CPS. Like I said they are very professional and give excellent service.

7. Always positive.

Former Employee - Production Control Analyst
    Former Employee - Production Control Analyst

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My relationship with CPS spans some 25 years. Each time that I reached out to this office I was always treated as a professional. My appreciation for their efforts and their results is great.

Cons

None! I have never had a negative experience with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing it like you do.

8. Great company

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

Pros

My original contract was for 6 months but it ended up last 5+ years. I was a perfect fit for the company and built many lasting relationships there. It was my first gig in Los Angeles and it opened many doors.

Cons

Can't really think of a downside. They were excellent and professional in the interview process.

9. I was placed in a challenging and exciting contract position reporting directly to upper management.

Former Contractor - Programmer Analyst in Vernon, CA
    Former Contractor - Programmer Analyst in Vernon, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I was given a high profile assignment even though I hadn't worked for a while. CPS was "there" for me all the way. I got excellent help from them when small ethical dilemma came up on my assignment. When I started I was having some financial difficulties and was given a small loan to tide me over till payday. They really seem to care.

Cons

I was told that I would have to work long hours in the assignment and had to work late sometimes...but I made more money. The assignment was in Vernon, not many good places to have lunch.

10. The best consulting firm I have ever worked with!

Former Contractor - Senior ColdFusion Debeloper in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior ColdFusion Debeloper in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been in the programming industry for over 30 years, 16 of those years contracting. I've dealt with 7 different consulting firms and CPS has been the best in the 6 years and 2 contracts I was with them. Even to this day Donna and Phil still keep me in the loop should my skill set match a customer's needs. I've had the opportunity to work with many of the employees at CPS - Al, Phil, Donna, Carol and Azel - and they've all been great!

Cons

My specialty is in ColdFusion development and the need for ColdFusion contractors has certainly diminished considerably over the years, but by no fault of CPS. It seems to just be a sign of the times we live in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great working relationships.

11. Hired for a 2 month contract, turned into permanent employment for 7+ years

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, friendly people. Years later I'm still in contact with Donna. I had a great experience with CPS and I would unreservedly recommend her to anyone.

Cons

I had a contract position and we all know the negatives about this kind of work. However, I excelled at my job and I was hired on permanently at a great salary.

Advice to Management

None, they don't appear to need any.

RSS Feed </> Embed