Commercial Programming Systems

Add Photos

Al Strong

Great Company

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsThe management is great and the support staff is helpful.

ConsI can't really think of one!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Very excellent company

USC Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey are well informed and hard working. They treated me very professionally and got to where I wanted to be today. Thank you.

ConsThere is nothing I can say that is a con against CPS. Like I said they are very professional and give excellent service.

Always positive.

Production Control Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsMy relationship with CPS spans some 25 years. Each time that I reached out to this office I was always treated as a professional. My appreciation for their efforts and their results is great.

ConsNone! I have never had a negative experience with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing it like you do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best IT staffing companies I have worked with

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Culver City, CA

ProsI've known Donna Preston for years and it's rare to find people like her who genuinely care about their clients, customers, and consultants. The organization acts in the best interest of their client and consultant which is hard to find these days. The organization has been around for a very long time which means long standing relationships and a good network of clients and talent.

ConsMy only negative thing to say is that I wish I could've worked more with CPS on other endeavors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Get more visibility on the social networking sites regarding contract and job opportunities.

Not many out there like CPS - they are indeed the best!

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- Very supportive and caring management - they will even go out of their way to support their employees.
    - Very high work ethics and standards.
    - Very prompt and efficient in all communications and in addressing any and all issues that you may have.

In all these years, I have had no reason to be dissatisfied with my employment with CPS, and I have only good words for them.

ConsNothing that I can think of ...

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to them - they are all good people.

Glad they found me!

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey matched my skills perfectly with my current job and so after 6 months out of a year contract I got hired permanently. They gave me full benefits during the contract, which was nice to have because of my family. Donna and Al took me to lunch on my very first day, which was a nice touch.

ConsI didn't get the salary I wanted but it was good enough at that time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice--They're fully capable.

Best Two Months Ever!

SAP Consultant (Former Employee) Hollywood, CA

ProsOn boarding was very easy and transition to the job site was very easy. I worked my first contract with CPS in the Entertainment Industry. CPS set up a very good contract with one of the biggest companies and both CPS the company contracted with had personnel that were all very great people. Pay was excellent while on contract. Had a job offer prior to the end date of the contract.

ConsWhile there I really could not find a con with exception to the amount of $ in the job offer at the company contracted with was not enough to find a house in Hollywood and the amount of traffic to get around in was much more than I was used to driving in.

Great company

ProsMy original contract was for 6 months but it ended up last 5+ years. I was a perfect fit for the company and built many lasting relationships there. It was my first gig in Los Angeles and it opened many doors.

ConsCan't really think of a downside. They were excellent and professional in the interview process.

I was placed in a challenging and exciting contract position reporting directly to upper management.

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Vernon, CA

ProsI was given a high profile assignment even though I hadn't worked for a while.
    CPS was "there" for me all the way. I got excellent help from them when small ethical dilemma came up on my assignment.
    When I started I was having some financial difficulties and was given a small loan to tide me over till payday. They really seem to care.

ConsI was told that I would have to work long hours in the assignment and had to work late sometimes...but I made more money.
    The assignment was in Vernon, not many good places to have lunch.

The best consulting firm I have ever worked with!

Senior ColdFusion Debeloper (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI've been in the programming industry for over 30 years, 16 of those years contracting. I've dealt with 7 different consulting firms and CPS has been the best in the 6 years and 2 contracts I was with them. Even to this day Donna and Phil still keep me in the loop should my skill set match a customer's needs. I've had the opportunity to work with many of the employees at CPS - Al, Phil, Donna, Carol and Azel - and they've all been great!

ConsMy specialty is in ColdFusion development and the need for ColdFusion contractors has certainly diminished considerably over the years, but by no fault of CPS. It seems to just be a sign of the times we live in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great working relationships.

Worked for Commercial Programming Systems? Contribute to the Community!