Commonwealth-Altadis Reviews

Reset
2.6
Commonwealth-Altadis President & CEO Kevin Freudenthal
Kevin Freudenthal

Pros
  • The company offers great benefits which were further enhanced in 2014 (in 17 reviews)

• Terrific benefits package, a raerity these days (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is sitting in their bunkers waiting to see what happens next (in 18 reviews)

• Too many Pre-Madonnas in the sales force (in 10 reviews)

Where are the CA sales reps??

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. I did enjoy working there.

Cons

Betrayal. Technically now a Lollilard Co because they are in the top positions running ITG. They will also be the main sales reps because most of the CA reps will lose their job, I'm one of them. I have excellent volume and distribution numbers. Always achieved my targets. Where did it get me...going to the unemployment line because a ex Lollilard sales rep is getting my territory.

Advice to Management

Loyalty first to the folks who help you to be in a position for the board of directors to do acquisition.

Okay

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits dental eyes and health. Good co workers. Free cigars and cigarettes for corporate employees. Plenty of outside work get togethers. Softball team.

Cons

Disorganized management. Supervisor gets upset when employees are on their phones/ websites but is always on non work related websites. Doesn't help solve problems and sends their employees to other supervisors in the department

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Let your employees know what's going on. Stop lying and hiding what's really going on.

Run Forest Run

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay, 401k, holidays, good co-workers,company car, Expense reimbursement, bonuses.

Cons

No direction, poor products and marketing, lots of hours and driving . They had a great company 4 years ago but let great salesman go and doubled our work load. Company has no vision. Imperial Tobacco is just reinventing it's self to be aquire by another company. Craziest business model I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself and bring back the former executives and territory managers who understand sales, marketing, and hard work.

Sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis (More than 3 years)

Pros

Imperial made the business seem like we (employees )were a part of the bigger picture. Now they used us and are getting rid of us.

Cons

HQ is being let go or having to take a job with the newly formed company ITGB for a lateral position or title below ones current title.That's if....your being invited to interview.

Advice to Management

ITGB is a joke. They do not know what they are doing. Thinking Lorillard current employees will help them be number 3 in the industry. ITGB is in for a rude awakening.

6. Senior Desktop support

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis

Pros

Based on the research I've done, this company is an industry leader. When I visited the Web site, I found some impressive information about future projects they have planned. I was also impressed with the founders' backgrounds and the current financial statements. This is the company I've been looking for, a place where my background, experience and skills is being put to use and make things happen.

Cons

If I will say it might be the lack of training.

Sales rep

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits company car paid vacation. Along with some great people to work with. That are some of the pros that I can think of at this time.

Cons

Don't give sales a chance to achieve there goals without changing during the cycle sales has road blocks put in front of them before they get started on the cycle.

Advice to Management

Need to set goal that are possible and not so far out of reach and listen a little more to people on the front line

Most of the CA salesforce to be laid off

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This was once a very good company that was loyal to their employees and cared about loyal people

Cons

This is a shame what this company has done to the people that worked so hard To turn around the US business We were told that we did such a good job And that's why the deal went though. What did we get for that,we are being shown the door.Whoever made this deal for the old LO should get a metal. Where would you ever see a company be Sold and they had our company take on all their employees and fire most of the employees they already had.A deal like this will never happen again.

Advice to Management

You are getting rid of a salesforce that SELLS and replacing them with a salesforce that has never had to sell anything.It won't be long before you fail And try to sell the US business ,because from day 1 you proved you didn't know the US business

IT Position HQ

Current Employee - IT Position HQ
    Current Employee - IT Position HQ

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis full-time

Pros

Best company I ever have worked for.

Cons

A possible move or termination.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the negative dead weight which is a lot.

10. territory manager

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Commonwealth-Altadis

Pros

at the time I worked for them it was at the beginning of the brand. I helped break the brand. the only pro was it was a full time job

Cons

crappy management , play favorites, do not listen to sales team, no tools to work with, oh yeah...and they will throw you under the bus..the first chance they gate....that's what they did to me with 22 years of tobacco sales under my belt... I trained scores of people...never listen to comments or critisicms , especially critisicms.....deluged with pep talk type messages....salary well below industry grade...bonus..."on a whim"... if I had an hour ..I could tell ya about all the jerks that worked there...

Advice to Management

blow it up.....run from this co. as fast as you can...cause your just gonna get axed anyway....just hope that your old enogh to survive....many of my compatriots were not !!! and they are desperately struggling....this is not a future ...it's a job on the way to a better job.

Preparing my resume...

I have been working at Commonwealth-Altadis full-time

Pros

Great field sales force in the SE. The people and The passion that several have makes going to work a fun thing to really do, not just a job to wake up to. Quarterly bonus this fiscal year.avaliable. Company Car. Share Save program. 401k. Insurance

Cons

Pending merger w Lorrilard has left the field in a wait and see position. With LO brining most of their sales staff on board, it leaves CA employees in a floating mode until the find out if they have to reasses for their jobs or get offered a package. What's worse is that the company is trying to take this situation off the fields minds by offering a bonus and focusing on MMC products. Unfortunately these programs have failed miserably due to out of stocks since Q1, leaving only the cigar states who have priority to achieve max bonus while other states have to give a song and dance to customers who had ao's or reordered who can't even get the product (And the company wonders why we can't sustain volume or share). Don't get me started on glide tec.... I could go on but basically the quarters going up to the merger have done the complete opposite of what the company wanted to do, its lowering morale and greatly diminishing the fields confidence in upper levels of management, trade programs and overall competency and decision making of executive leaders.

Advice to Management

Good luck with keeping your jobs, some at home office should do us a favor and leave now. Im pretty sure LO 's leadership team can do no worse with the new company.

RSS Feed </> Embed