Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation

Updated January 27, 2015
2.7

Dawson Rutter

Awesome CEO, So So Management

I have been working at Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A job that helps pay your bills. You learn if you pay attention and take notes.

Cons

Rules and Point of Contact changes frequently amongst management, you want to become a driver just so you can get some fresh air and variety, until you hear the chauffeurs point of view.

Listen to your staff and give pay for performance raises. You should never have outstanding employees under paid and over worked. Oh and finally, put a vehicle to use to transport your staff. You know your office is inconveniently located and all the surrounding businesses utilize shuttles for their staff. Take note.

Underpaid, unappreciated employees / unprofessional, unethical, uneducated management

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation

Pros

Met some nice people I'm blessed to call friends.

Cons

Bad management is essential departments. Employees are underpaid, overworked & poorly managed. No room for growth due to bad manager.

Get competent employees for management positions. Just because a guy is Dawson's buddy doesn't make him good at his job. Show some appreciation to 'valuable' employees with pay raises & promotions. Employees shouldn't have to sacrifice home life for work when they gain virtually nothing in return. If the 'boss' is having a 'bad day' the employees should have to suffer & have one too! Company is doing well according to CEO but only management benefits from this. Longevity is nothing here.

I worked at Commonwealth for 9+ years.....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Commonwealth is a great place to work! I have seen Commonwealth go through many changes over the years. Today Commonwealth is a great place to work with a lot of career opportunities. They promote from within and offer training and support to all employees. Every employee is give a performance bonus every year. I have noticed the management team and the employees really care about the customers. Senior management is very knowledgeable about the industry and the type of customers they focus on.

Cons

The health insurance offered is very expensive. There are a few senior managers that are in over their head.

keep up the good work of growing the company and taking good care of your customers and employees!

Mistreatment of a Loyal Employee

Former Employee - Call Center in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Call Center in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved the People and miss them

Cons

Hated Management and hope there was a huge turn over at the company

Participate in retraining or in just training period. Everyone there is just running around like a chicken without a head!

Who did they pay to write the "good" review?

Former Employee - Call Center in Allston, MA

Pros

As others have shared, there is good parking, convenient to fast food and groceries, pay is not too bad. But non of that is relevant to actually working there. The actual job itself in the call center was relatively easy to understand and do.

Cons

The Owner Dawson Rutter has no idea whats going on in his call center, and if he did I would doubt that he cares much. I never once seen him walk into the call center to see how things were going. He acts as though he came from "humble" beginnings but truth is is he is a bottom line money guy who talks trash about his competitors.
    As others have indicated they do not appreciate there staff like they say. They have had suits filed against them from former employees citing the same things I have mentioned here plus more. The list is endless and this company is morally bankrupt! Save yourself the headache, or go ahead and see what I mean. Then you too will be writing a review like this, and not asking either a manager or a new (unaware) employee to write a review bolster their overall rating, because bottom line is, this is not a ethical or moral place to work.

Start fresh Mr. Rutter. Get new managers, new staff. Ground up. Bring up moral not down. Especially during those times when Road Show is super busy. Have a heart. Listen to others. Treat others with respect, its basic common courtesy.

Horrible Company

I worked at Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Money, parking and ... well not much else

Cons

They were horrible to their call center employees

Replace your management "team" and start fresh Dawson!

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Chauffeur in Allston, MA
    Current Employee - Chauffeur in Allston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, schedules are flexible for students, great chauffeurs, top of the line training, and open communication with upper management.

Cons

There is nothing much to share.

Nothing negative to say, but i'm having a great time here.

Good pay, hard work

I worked at Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation

Pros

Pay for working call center is higher than any other call center, at a limo company at least.
    Management is fairly friendly and supportive

Cons

Too much drama between call center employees - sometimes comes to real problems where people get fired
    Tons of gossip

Give credit where credit is due

Poor company to work for

Current Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation

Pros

Young growing company with opportunities for the ambitious. The company will also afford you a lot of room to explore your own visions and ideas. This can be very helpful and usfeul in your career growth. I enjoyed the freedom this afforded me to to taylor my own professional growth.

Cons

There is a significant old boys club which is strange to think when you look at such a small company. Women struggle to work here, and need to succumb to many non professional advances. Caution Caution. I have struggled to align my professional values in this company. Caution, caution, caution, caution

Stop operating from a model of fear and harassment