Communicare Health Services

Add Photos

Communicare Health Services Founder & CEO Stephen L. Rosedale

Stephen L. Rosedale

educational

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Communicare Health Services

Prosits a learning enviroment where you learn a diverse amount of things

Conspay could be better and perks also

Advice to Senior Managementdont believe everything you hear

LICENSED NURSE

I have been working at Communicare Health Services

ProsTheir census is always up. They rarely cancel employees due to low census.

ConsPoor and incompetent management. Lots of nepotism. The unit managers don't do anything to support the units the are managing, all they do is go to meetings 24/7 and pass on the most simplest task to the already thinned-stretched nurses on the floor. They do not recognize employees who work hard and try go above and beyond.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to working seriously. Recognize your best employees and encourage them to do their very best.

RN Supervisor

Nurse (Current Employee)
Berea, OH

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are a few decent nurses there, rumor has it other communicare facilities are not as poorly run as this one.

ConsContinually extremely short staffed on nights, work multiple units plus responsibilities, DON never responds and doesn't care. Management doesn't support staff leaves us to drown. Always short large number of nurses due to people unhappy with the way they are treated. DON doesnt know most do staff, so they will say no to anything requested by her. The few staff that didn't quit with this administration says this is the worst it's ever been. You have seniority if you have been employed around a year. Management comes in and goes as they please, if they have an obligation it's okay but god forbid if you help out all the time and you need something. We all track when they get in and when they go. Biggest thing is no support, they will watch you sink like the titanic and not even care. We can be short 2 or more nurses and they must have forgot how to be a nurse. Soon they will remember because there isn't anyone left. Corporate hr is reaching out asking why so many nurses are leaving, and has us contact people to see their response but its just not good enough. 3 DON's in 2 years, it's gone down hill since I started and I'm on my way to another facility where the nurses are long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your staff when they need it before there isn't one last employee or nurse left. Staff the schedule or work like every other place does, none of the 4 adon's or DON work the night shift and dont even know the staff that doesn't get them to comply. Disorganization and no accountability because everyone's got to leave by 3 pm. Whatever with this turn over corporate is already assessing the situation. Treat your staff like their human beings. Accountability.

Poor management, ever changing priorities

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Communicare Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWhile it varies greatly on your manager, corporate employees enjoy a great deal of flexibility in their schedules. The vision of the CEO - while never fulfilled - is inspiring.

ConsManagement is incompetent and forever reinventing the wheel to address the most recent problem. Politics is the name of the game with most of the big corporate players.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO needs to pay closer attention to what his other senior leadership is up to. If they had the heart of Mr. Rosedale, the company would be a success regardless of the economic environment.

Worked for Communicare Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Communicare Health Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Communicare Health Services CEO Stephen L. Rosedale. All reviews posted anonymously by Communicare Health Services employees.