Communications International

Robert Stork

Great company overall.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Communications International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Solid company, good people to work with. Decent benefits. Fast paced & growing!

Cons

Pay could be better. No communications or direction from upper management. Very cliquish.

Visit and talk with employees. Let us know how the company is doing, where it's going, and what we can do to help.

It would be nice to be able to communicate ideas and concerns without risk of backlash.

Learning Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Communications International

Pros

Learn about new technologies quickly if you are willing to put in the time. A lot of good people to work with. Tons of hands on learning.

Cons

Upper management waits until the last minute when things are at the worst before making a decision.
    A lot of "double talk."

A great place NOT to work at!

Current Employee - Full Time Technician in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Full Time Technician in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Communications International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Can't say anything good about this place. Still has a problem with the cliques here. If you're NOT IN with the controlling clique you are an outsider. You have to be a drinker, gambler, hunter, love to cheat on you spouse, and a BUTT KISSER to be included in the group.

Cons

Can't be a professional. They have their clique buddies put BUGS into the system, misalign it just enough to keep the systems working intermittently, then send you out on the "CALL OUT". They put you in a position to fail.

Make sure you get rid of the clique leaders and hold lower and middle managers responsible for doing so. Upper management and the HR group must listen to the front line personnel, They know what is really going on.

You can make more money somewhere else, but it's worth it...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Communications International

Pros

Great atmosphere with great people. I felt respected from all levels of management. Small company feel with very capable employees. They truly value the balance between work and home

Cons

I was treated well and received financial rewards, but I don't think that was consistent at all levels or positions. However, they still have little turnover because it's such a good environment. The negatives of a small company also come with the positives, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Keep on keeping on!

Very clickish, if not in the old boy network you will be an outsider

Former Employee - Technician in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Technician in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Communications International

Pros

Job not tough,love the environement of the public safety people. Worked independently of and had a lot of freedom in job role, no one breathing down your neck. Compnay car was nice, decent benifits.

Cons

Very clickish and had to suck up tp the owner or you were out.. Very little trust about anyone, lot's of tattle tales could never trust anyone. I couldn't believe how bad it was until I convided in someone and it was told to his boss. I had to get out just couldnt trust anyone at ll.

Need a professional environment, to buddy buddy, not a lot of skill at the senior management level. Either they grew up there or hired old hasbins..

A place with a Purpose

I have been working at Communications International

Pros

All branches of this company are always looking for a long term relationship with their customers. This makes it easy to make the "right" choice and trust the business side will work out in the long run. It's invigorating to be a part of a team with this mentality. Salaries seem to be average but the benefits are great considering today's standards. They off health, dental, 401k matching and stock for all employees.

Cons

A clear understanding of career opportunities is needed. At the highest levels they don’t seem to want or accept employee input.

Share more information with everyone about our future plans. There are few companies that great with internal communication and Ci is NOT one of them.

Nice small company with big obstacles

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Communications International as a contractor

Pros

Industry in which you provide services is rewarding, ESOP, previous owner and now chair is a wonderful person to work for, pro family, flexible scheduling, great location and generally good work environment

Cons

Communication between departments is lacking, decision making is limited