Communications Test Design

2.1

Jerry Parsons

just a job

I have been working at Communications Test Design full-time

Pros

Medical Benefits are one of the best. No training or time given to study.

Cons

everything is customized to the customer needs. No system reuse or standards.

Good family-owned company in the repair industry

Current Employee - ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN A  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN A in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Communications Test Design full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Don't need a degree to be promoted, you can move up with "ability'

Cons

none none none none none none

Ctdi is Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Warehouse  in  Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Communications Test Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get 40+ hours every week

Cons

The management are THE WORST type of people on earth. They don't care of you have a family, go to school, or have a life outside of work. They want you to work 10-12 hour shifts 7 days a week and if you have a problem they LITERALLY tell you "It's not my problem. Figure it out or go find somewhere else to work." Having a child and working there is absolute worstpossible experience I could ever imagine. They expect you to devote your life to a company that would fire you for sneezing the wrong way. They don't understand that is not a career is just a job. I don't plan on being there for life, just like 99% of the staff don't either, but mangement doesn't understand that and expect you live your life fir ctdi.

Die slow

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The workload allows me to use my training in my field to the highest level.

Current Employee - Electronic Engineering Tech, Level III  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Electronic Engineering Tech, Level III in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Communications Test Design for more than a year

Pros

At ctdi, you will find a Friendly working environment. Competive salaries in both degrees and non-degrees positions. The facility is clinic controlled year round.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working for CTDI are simple but strick. Timeliness is a major factor in employment with the company. As long as time off is requested in a timely manner, normally they are honored. Sometimes the need arises to work mandatory hours to make up for production time loss due to weather or holidays.

I would recommend to upper management to offer more recognition to individual and departmental accomplishments. This would help display more appreciation for the hard work that is produced daily by both permamnat and temporary employees.

Electronic Tech

Current Employee - Electronics Technician  in  West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician in West Chester, PA

Pros

CTDI kept me employed for a long time. Steady 40 hrs per week. Good benefits. Sometimes interesting work.

Cons

Long stretches of monotonous work. Expected to work miracles with very limited resources.

Be more open minded.

One of the worst companies i have EVER worked for. Headend Engineer

Former Employee - Headend Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Headend Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Communications Test Design as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Pay was competitive only because i was contracted. They claimed to hire people after 6 months of work, but after working for the branch for 2 years i still was never hired. After they "considered" hiring me, they basically laughed at how much i was getting paid and didn't plan on matching it.

Cons

Where to begin; the management team was insulting and constantly ridiculing everyones ideas and all the employees at the branch. They would fire people and hire them back the following week just to make budget. Corporate seemed to not care how each branch was managed. After filing an HR despite, i was basically told there wasn't anything they could until more employees file the same complaint. After i was able to have employees send in my same complaints, some of those employees were eliminated. Basically, i was in fear of my job. After the CEO came for a visit at our branch, i was almost remarked as incompetent for not doing my job after having almost no training and only be there for a month. Almost everyone i had worked with (engineer's in other branches) all left the company after only being there for a short time for the same reasons why i left. Thank goodness that i basically left due to "end of contract" and was neither fired nor let go. They treat all of their employees awful, no care at all for personal life or family life, let alone any benefits aside of maybe health. All of this i saw at my branch seemed to stem all the way to corporate after meeting the CEO and discussing how some of the other employees that have been there for years feel. Once again, after reading this and seeing everyone else's reviews of this company, i warn you, stay far away.

Treat your employees with respect and utmost care. Considering this isn't possible for you i don't have anything else to say.

Repair Technician

Current Employee - Repair Technician  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Repair Technician in Nashville, TN

Pros

Constant work. No one will micromanage you as long as your making quota. They give you training to keep you up to speed with business practices at CTDI. I think its because of the high fire/higher rate. Have to keep the new guys coming in up to speed. 3 work shits. They will allow you to alternate any shift as long as there is an open bench. They are very accommodating to employees personal schedules. There is an archive with detail info on product models, but its not that effective because you wont have the time to research and study the info.

Cons

Repair parts are not always available, but quotas are still expected to be met. High turnaround rate as the company mostly hires through temp agencies, and will quickly end your assignment and bring someone else in. It seems employees are not valued, because they are so interchangeable at this company. There are guys still a temp at $14.00 hour after 3 years. No benefits for temps. Will be leaving at 1 year anniversary if no commitment, or salary increase.

I can't offer anything I'm sure they haven't already herd.

Disappointing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Pros

Most of the worker bees are pretty descent people.

Cons

long hours, huge work load, zero recognition or appreciation

Appreciate your employees. Invest in them. Communicate with them. Stop with the constant threat of layoffs due to budgetary cutbacks only to turn around and renovate, throw big parties, or buy other properties. Years ago I felt like part of a team I was vested in, now I just feel like a number and it has greatly impacted how hard and enthusiastically I'm interested in working for them. I've lost all respect due to the irresponsibility and disrespect coming from "the next generation" management.

Good growth and opportunity

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Communications Test Design

Pros

Opportunity to give your own insight on operations

Cons

Senior management lack of forward thinking

Better planning

Long hours with many projects

Former Employee - Programmer  in  West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Programmer in West Chester, PA

I worked at Communications Test Design

Pros

Co workers are all nice people willing to share system and technical knowledge.

Cons

Too many projects assigned to too few people making for long work hours. Old grungy office settings create a dismal working environment. To move up the ranks, one has to be an employee there for years if you can survive the layoffs. Too many layoffs laying off too many people. Too many people to report to.

Upper Management only seems concerned about their bonus checks.

Worked for Communications Test Design? Contribute to the Community!