Community Action Partnership

Be The First To
Add Photos

Donald W. Mathis

Great Company to work for

Prosfriendly family-like environment, great benefits and time off, ample training

Conslow pay rate, funding cuts lead to unsteady jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Great things are coming our way.

Friendly, humid, dedicated work.

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsVery friendly staff who care about what they're doing. They organized an enormous, successful national convention in San Francisco despite looming budget cuts.

ConsWashington, DC is an awful city that is far too close to the politicians who slash social safety nets left and right. Meetings at neighboring nonprofits were awash in apathy and incompetence, compared to only a slight trickle at CAP.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline as much as possible, automate the tasks that are delegated to arthritic fingers.

It's sad when the employees qualify for the services because of low pay.

Teacher-Head Start (Current Employee) Jamestown, ND

ProsWe help low income people-I feel I make a difference in the lives of others. This agency offers a lot of helpful trainings and they are also very family oriented. Never a problem to take time off for personal use. They have a generous vacation policy, as well as holidays paid...even your birthday! They also pay for a single healthcare and dental plan. The healthcare is Medica and isn't the best. I recently resigned my position there because of the low pay and moved out of Jamestown.

ConsLow wages and also the fact that there is major middle management weakness with site supervisors. The communication between site supervisors and Head Start teachers is weak at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more. The wages are unbelievably low compared to other Head Start facilities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Employer if you have want to work for a non-profit

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCAP has good benefits. Holidays galore. Most managers are flexible and understand how real life gets in the way of a day of work sometimes.

ConsLow pay. Spending time on projects that never go anywhere

Worked for Community Action Partnership? Contribute to the Community!