Community Care College

Updated July 14, 2014
Updated July 14, 2014
4.5

Teresa Knox

Great Company to be a part of

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Community Care College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Community Care. The CEO is a woman with drive and intellect that anyone can admire and learn from. I watched students enter lost and leave completely changed. It was a very fulfilling time in my life and I would recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

The pay in some areas seemed unfair. I knew people around me were getting much more and some, less. I think there should be a steady pay range in place that would make everyone much happier. But still such a good company!

Maybe to consider a pay range/pay grade for each position that would be fair for everyone based on experience and seniority.

Don't Believe the Negative Reviews! Best Company in Tulsa!

Current Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for this company a long time, this is by far the most rewarding experience of my life. The company is VERY honest and take their Core Values seriously. This Company does not tolerate dishonesty, continued poor work ethics or violations of no tolerance policies such as sexual harassment or positive drug tests. Employees who have been terminated, are no longer with the company for a VERY good reason and those are the few disgruntled employees who make negative comments. The work environment is one that encourages professional growth and development. Employees who do well are rewarded and promotions are frequent in this Company. The benefits are AMAZING, where else can you get a monthly Spa service? Not to mention great insurance, paid vacations, holidays and personal time. They even offer a full service Gym to promote health and wellness. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to work with amazing people such as the Owner and CEO Teresa Knox, who started this company when she was a dental assistant. Going to a career college changed her life and in turn she has changed thousands of lives in the almost twenty years the school has been around. Dr. Kirk is the president of the Company and a true servant leader. The Company cares about each and every student, it's not about the money and never has been in the years I've worked here. I plan to retire with this extraordinary Company!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons presently in the Company. If you do not fit into the culture and do not care about helping others then this is not the company for you.

Please keep doing what you are doing! Don't change anything! I'm proud to work with so many wonderful caring people. Thank you Community Care College and Teresa Knox for everything you have done for me!

Rewarding and fulling

I have been working at Community Care College

Pros

Transparency from senior leadership, generous with community with cash donations and employee/student volunteering (In fact, company pays for employee to have time to volunteer during work schedule), excellent insurance for me and my family, dental benefits are the best, life insurance, vision policy, immaculate facilities, and approachable CEO and President.

Cons

None...it truly is the best job I have ever had in my 20 + year professional career.

I love the direction we are going! Thank you for being 100% transparent...from financials to HR. Don't change and be like the other players despite pressure to do so. I appreciate the "love" and honesty of the culture. It's real and very much valued.

Great People, Emotional Decisions

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

The staff is absolute quality and genuinely care about their students. Faculty members are the real deal and experts in the field.

Cons

Benefits are not good and expensive. Upper Management makes decisions that do not necessarily have their students' best interest in mind and can present a moral dilemma to employees. No process are completed digitally and everything has an extensive paper-trail, which complicates everything.

Decisions should be made to positively affect the business, not based on emotions. A whistleblower policy should be an actual thing that protects its employees that come forth.

Community Care College Response

May 5, 2014CEO

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We have migrated over half of our processes to the cloud and will continue to do so in every department until 100% of our systems are ... More

Media Assistant

Current Employee - Media Assistant in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Media Assistant in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

Working as the video guy at CCC, as well as Clary Sage College and Oklahoma Technical College has been an immensely positive experience. I have much more flexibility to use creative ideas and generate my own solutions than I thought I would. Rarely have I felt so much love and support from co-workers and managers. Here at CCC I feel like I am respected and valued. I am always treated like a professional and encouraged to grow and try new things. The leaders here continue to teach me things I didn't know I was missing out on, and they push me to be better in positive ways. Probably what I admire most about this company is the devotion to the mission - everything comes back to helping students prepare for and obtain excellent jobs. It is really fulfilling for me to work here.

Cons

Because I am the kind of person that often needs specific guidance on tasks to feel productive, it can be difficult to go out on a limb with my own plans regarding an issue or problem. However, this flexibility has improved my sense of confidence and initiative in more ways than one.

Keep doing what you are doing, and continue to listen to both employees and customers!

The Real Deal

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

I am an employee of Community Care College who was hired in the last year. Prior to interviewing I read online reviews and found some of them rather interesting. I figured most disgruntled employees current and former will flock to sites like these. Most who are in love with their jobs never think to post. I'm so glad I gave this company that benefit, because it truly is an amazing place to work.

The culture here is incredibly intentional and is cultivated by everyone from the CEO to the ladies who work at the front desk. On your first visit you may find yourself thinking, "is everyone always this nice?" The answer is yes. They always are. People will continue to get to know you and support you as you are trained through a thorough process. You will be able to be friends with your co-workers!

Management is open to suggestions and gracious when you make mistakes. No one is in fear of losing their job. The college offers numerous opportunities to its employees for personal development. There are development meetings which always offer relevant encouragement and advice. Recently, the CEO even made a change offering all employees 8 hours of paid time a year to volunteer at a local not for profit organization.

I have had every time off request approved within 12 hours. I have never been told I am unable to take time off. I feel very strongly that my direct supervisor through the CEO believe in me, want to see me succeed, and that there is opportunity for advancement. The CEO herself has said that we steer our students and potential students to make the best decision for themselves and their future--even if that means we are not the right place for them. That's a level of integrity most organizations could only hope for. I don't feel pressured to keep students here for money. It's incomprehensible to me that others have posted that about this company. If anything, it's a non-profit operating under the guise of a for profit organization. Yes, every company needs profits to keep its doors open and pay employees. But few give money away and support the local community with such fervor as the CEO and this institution. do.

I am proud to work for the institution and I hope I do for many more years to come. You'd be a lucky person to get your foot in the door here. It's a great place to grow.

Cons

No matter where you work, there will be cons. However, none of them are really of any consequence to mention. There isn't anything worth walking away for.

Keeping sharing from yourselves and being transparent with employees. We all treasure it. You all embody the CARES culture and make a difference in the lives of both our students and faculty and staff on a daily basis.

By far the best career move I ever made was to come to work here!

Current Employee - President in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - President in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The CARES Culture and CORE Values are our foundation for excellence. Senior Management are very open to input and we have a transparent culture which encourages team members and students to feel free to speak with anyone at any time. Students are team members #1 priority and they work very hard to connect, help and serve.

Cons

Only that I didn't start working here sooner.

Keep the transparency and open door policy. Managers treat their teams with Courtesy and Respect. High expectations are expected (Accountability) but this creates Excellence and Success.

For Profit Only

Former Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Community Care College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, good location and managements requirement to network via social media.

Cons

Very low salaries for the education level that is required for even the lowest level jobs. Management is disconnected from staff. Labor laws are ignored or not known by managers. Employees must provide their own tools (computers, cell phones, books, movies, etc.). Must be willing to be on call 24 hours with no additional pay or comp time off. No advancement unless related to owners. The Right to Work laws are frequently used resulting in very high turnover.

Review salary guides and educational requirements for positions. Establish a culture of trust and security.

Community Care College Response

May 5, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your feelings on our company. I'm sorry that the position did not meet your expectations and that you are not optimistic about our outlook ... More

Amazing Company!

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, core values and mission, family friendly and flexible, the company values and celebrates the accomplishments of it's employees, promotes from within, great place to advance and move up the ladder! This company has vision and is a leader in the Career Education industry, technologically advanced.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative about this phenomenal company!

Excellent leaders in the company from Human Resources to the CEO! Would not change a thing!

Don't believe any negative reviews

Current Employee - Leader In Admissions
    Current Employee - Leader In Admissions

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

Community Care College is a wonderful place to work. The College is full of caring individuals who love that they do. The CEO, Teresa Knox, is approachable, kind, open to new ideas, and always takes time to talk with her staff. The College President, Dr. Kirk, wants to meet every new or prospective student and staff member, and takes the time to make everyone feel important, and heard.

I've read negative comment in others reviews about the CEOs family working at the company. These individuals are held to the same, if not higher, standard than other employees, and are very good in their job roles.

There is plenty of opportunity within this amazing organization. Don't hesitate to work there!

Cons

No cons to give for this company

Community Care College Photos