Community Care College

Employment Status

Reset
4.7
Teresa Knox

1. Amazing Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent CEO and College leadership! Very positive environment that's customer service oriented. Beautiful campuses, wonderful people to work with. I love that we change lives and do so much for the community. I would never work anywhere else!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

It is not work when you do what you love

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Flat Organizational Structure, Non-Profit. There are multiple communication channels available to affect the operations and strategy of the company. Students and graduates have a huge array of resources at their disposal. I'm proud to be a team member here.

Cons

No major I can report as this time. Everyone is so friendly, and the culture is just stellar. Thank you Community Care College.

Advice to Management

Going non-profit was a smart move. My manager can continue to invest time and resources to learn best practices and be knowledge of cutting edge research.

Community Care College is my second family. Each and everyday there is a smile to greet me.

Current Employee - Surgical Tech Department Head in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Surgical Tech Department Head in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work at Community Care College for many reasons... Personally, I want to share my passion for Surgical Technology and this position allows me to do that. From an employee stand point, I love that our top core value is to HONOR GOD. This is vital for me as an employee because I have the opportunity to pray for and with the students when the situation calls for it. I have a team that is above and beyond supportive. We as a department have the common love for helping people in general, but particularly helping students get from where they are to where they want to be.

Cons

Students become such a part of my life that I truly miss them when they are gone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Community Care College is a fantastic place to work. Thank you for always believing in me and supporting me in my growth.

My co-workers, students, and incredible environment make going to work a joy!

Current Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Community Care has so much compassion for their each individual job, which gives our students the best possible outcome to be successful. Community care actually cares not only about their students, but also their employees and I have loved working there over the last year. I love that if I have a question, I can go to anyone and ask for help, even admin!

Cons

It would be great if we had a FSA or HSA for our families as well as a daycare on site again. The company itself, I have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the students and employees in mind. The employee activities throughout the year are wonderful and really keep everyone involved.

I love working for Community Care College and the feeling of being a part of such an awesome team.

Current Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can go to any faculty/staff member at any time and know that they will help me with any questions I may have.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

Please maintain the passion you have for students and the faith that you have in us as instructors. We can see you leading by example and it is contagious!

Great Company to be a part of

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Community Care College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Community Care. The CEO is a woman with drive and intellect that anyone can admire and learn from. I watched students enter lost and leave completely changed. It was a very fulfilling time in my life and I would recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

The pay in some areas seemed unfair. I knew people around me were getting much more and some, less. I think there should be a steady pay range in place that would make everyone much happier. But still such a good company!

Advice to Management

Maybe to consider a pay range/pay grade for each position that would be fair for everyone based on experience and seniority.

Rewarding and fulling

I have been working at Community Care College

Pros

Transparency from senior leadership, generous with community with cash donations and employee/student volunteering (In fact, company pays for employee to have time to volunteer during work schedule), excellent insurance for me and my family, dental benefits are the best, life insurance, vision policy, immaculate facilities, and approachable CEO and President.

Cons

None...it truly is the best job I have ever had in my 20 + year professional career.

Advice to Management

I love the direction we are going! Thank you for being 100% transparent...from financials to HR. Don't change and be like the other players despite pressure to do so. I appreciate the "love" and honesty of the culture. It's real and very much valued.

9. Don't Believe the Negative Reviews! Best Company in Tulsa!

Current Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for this company a long time, this is by far the most rewarding experience of my life. The company is VERY honest and take their Core Values seriously. This Company does not tolerate dishonesty, continued poor work ethics or violations of no tolerance policies such as sexual harassment or positive drug tests. Employees who have been terminated, are no longer with the company for a VERY good reason and those are the few disgruntled employees who make negative comments. The work environment is one that encourages professional growth and development. Employees who do well are rewarded and promotions are frequent in this Company. The benefits are AMAZING, where else can you get a monthly Spa service? Not to mention great insurance, paid vacations, holidays and personal time. They even offer a full service Gym to promote health and wellness. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to work with amazing people such as the Owner and CEO Teresa Knox, who started this company when she was a dental assistant. Going to a career college changed her life and in turn she has changed thousands of lives in the almost twenty years the school has been around. Dr. Kirk is the president of the Company and a true servant leader. The Company cares about each and every student, it's not about the money and never has been in the years I've worked here. I plan to retire with this extraordinary Company!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons presently in the Company. If you do not fit into the culture and do not care about helping others then this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing! Don't change anything! I'm proud to work with so many wonderful caring people. Thank you Community Care College and Teresa Knox for everything you have done for me!

Great People, Emotional Decisions

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

The staff is absolute quality and genuinely care about their students. Faculty members are the real deal and experts in the field.

Cons

Benefits are not good and expensive. Upper Management makes decisions that do not necessarily have their students' best interest in mind and can present a moral dilemma to employees. No process are completed digitally and everything has an extensive paper-trail, which complicates everything.

Advice to Management

Decisions should be made to positively affect the business, not based on emotions. A whistleblower policy should be an actual thing that protects its employees that come forth.

Community Care College Response

May 5, 2014 – CEO

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We have migrated over half of our processes to the cloud and will continue to do so in every department until 100% of our systems are ... More

Media Assistant

Current Employee - Media Assistant in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Media Assistant in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

Working as the video guy at CCC, as well as Clary Sage College and Oklahoma Technical College has been an immensely positive experience. I have much more flexibility to use creative ideas and generate my own solutions than I thought I would. Rarely have I felt so much love and support from co-workers and managers. Here at CCC I feel like I am respected and valued. I am always treated like a professional and encouraged to grow and try new things. The leaders here continue to teach me things I didn't know I was missing out on, and they push me to be better in positive ways. Probably what I admire most about this company is the devotion to the mission - everything comes back to helping students prepare for and obtain excellent jobs. It is really fulfilling for me to work here.

Cons

Because I am the kind of person that often needs specific guidance on tasks to feel productive, it can be difficult to go out on a limb with my own plans regarding an issue or problem. However, this flexibility has improved my sense of confidence and initiative in more ways than one.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and continue to listen to both employees and customers!

RSS Feed </> Embed