Community Development Institute Head Start

Updated July 1, 2014
Updated July 1, 2014
4.0

CEO

A very interesting learning experience. I am very pleased that this company has hired me.

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Teacher in Detroit, MI

I worked at Community Development Institute Head Start full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salaried wages. Comfortable work environment. Lots of people who really advocate for children!!! I also am very pleased that this company provided several training's which allowed me to expand on my teaching methods. This company allowed me to be creative with our classroom children and helped me to make learning fun for our preschoolers. I must admit I had a wonderful time teaching.

Cons

Working with this many woman can be messy. Administration sometimes lacked information their employers were seeking. Also some questions would go completely unanswered. I felt that consequences to some actions during our agency wide meetings were too relaxed.

Please consider paid maternity leave. More personal days within a school year. Also reconsider pay raises.

Nice and friendly colleagues and average-to-low pay

I have been working at Community Development Institute Head Start

Pros

Other employees are nice, friendly, and working towards a common good cause (nutrition and health education for children from low-income families). Work is fairly straight forward. Up-to-date office technology. Great management staff (no micro managers :))

Cons

Pay rate is average-to-low. Generally, work is not extremely challenging.

Keep it up! CDI Head Start is a great place to work. Consider offering more competitive pay as funding allows.

Worked for Community Development Institute Head Start? Contribute to the Community!