Community Education Centers

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John J. Clancy

Difficult to Advance if Not Part of the Old Guard or if You are Working outside of the East Coast Culture

Director (Former Employee)

ProsQuality Evidenced-Based Programs and competitive for-profit delivery of contemporary corrections models. Decent benefits and fair salaries for this type of CJ contracting company.

ConsSenior Corporate Managers make limited effort to gain useful knowledge and appreciation of staff outside of the immediate East Coast cluster of programs. Significant reliance on political influences and similar relationships guides many business decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn about your managers and directors working in the South and West. Provide more clinical training and develop more proprietary recorded training video material for staff and clients.

Program Director

Program Manager Or Director (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGood experience, great company, independent work,

Conswork in a male prison sometimes can be very stressful

Advice to Senior Managementhave to have a good balance in life, not being alone, healthy environment at home

Doesnt care about employees

Operations Counselor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThey have plenty of overtime

ConsThe pay is extremely low. The company does not give raises at all even if your performance is great, no holiday pay. Horrible training. Supervisors who are also not trained properly. They can keep you for mandatory overtime without proper notice. The turn over rate is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DON'T EVEN BOTHER APPLYING

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Scranton, PA

ProsNothing that I can think of

ConsCare about their employees as much as the residents. No pay raises, all that they say they offer is a lie

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of upper management and find someone that cares what goes on

Positive and Rewarding

Lead Counselor (Former Employee) Delano, CA

ProsGrowth opportunity, continual personal growth

ConsNot enough locations within Central Valley of California

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly choose the best management for a program

Interesting field to work in-but not with CEC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGetting experience with offender reentry services

ConsCompany only cares about digging up paperwork for ACA inspections, which is why their headlines say 100% ACA; they do not absorb any time on programs, staff, or problems between programs and staff. They also don't acknowledge you when arriving on site.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit worryung about how you look on paper.

Employment ONLY as a stepping stone

Case Manager (Current Employee) Commerce City, CO

ProsExperience working with criminals. Experience doing redundant and repetative paper shuffling.

ConsMajor problems starting with upper management on down.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there is a problem staff member, get rid of them from their position of power and control over other employee's and stop the cancer from spreading to the other employees.

counselor

Unit Counselor (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

Proslocation to my home, interaction with clients (offenders).

ConsCEC did not follow a positive rehabilitation methodology even though they claim to do so. Too much punitive action without constructive resources to therapeutically rehabilitate offenders.

Advice to Senior Managementconduct meaningful interaction sessions with counselors i.e. listen to what works with offenders and allow for flexibility in programming.

I had a good emperience for 13 years and then they eliminated my position.

Director Employee Relations (Former Employee) West Caldwell, NJ

ProsI was fortunate to work with a lot of nice people in over 19 states.

ConsThe company became very political with the acquisiton of another company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have made some mistakes when you forced people out of the company.

Broken system in need of re-evlauation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe few employees trying to make a difference

ConsCare more about filling beds than residents and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard look at the concept of re-entry and how that works with for profit prisons.

Worked for Community Education Centers? Contribute to the Community!