Community Health Systems Reviews in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Updated August 2, 2014

2.6

Community Health Systems Chairman, President and CEO Wayne T. Smith
Wayne T. Smith

Pros
  • One of the best things about working at CHS is the job security (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits, friendly work environment, professional care given, (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lower salary, office was very run down, high turnover because of round the clock hours and low salary (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management is allowed to be arbitrary in their dealings with supervisory staff (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Okay overall

Current Employee - X-ray Tech  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Current Employee - X-ray Tech in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Community Health Systems part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Works well with scheduling days off. Accommodating to days needed off. Uniform dress code is tolerable close to city very close coworkers

Cons

Understaffed terrible employee parking pay needs to be increased not sure if bonuses are coming

Talk to employees before major changes are made in their department

Keep looking if you are a nurse

Former Employee - BSN  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - BSN in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Community Health Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I honestly cannot think of one....

Cons

poor pay no staffing. more directors than staff no education poor benefits. employees made to take their vacation time because corporate isn't making enough money. no supplies. poor care. management is absurd nursing is grossly underpaid staffing is frightening...and I could go on and on.

get rid of your middle management. get rid of all your directors. teach your staff how to do their job. pay people what they are worth. stop saying "it's a for profit hospital". take care of your patients. pay for employees certifications. stop hiring directors who have no idea what they are doing just because they are blond and pretty. You are an absolute disaster. I still cringe when I think about working there.

Worked for Community Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!