Community Hospital of San Bernardino

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014
3.4

Diane E. Nitta

I loved working for CHSB.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Community Hospital of San Bernardino part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Staff was like a family. Food in the cafeteria was excellent (by Sodexo) and was also reasonably priced. Management made a real effort to communicate with employees. Staff were recognized for regularly. Management made employee training a priority.

Cons

Extremely conservative management. Many people were laid-off during reorganization in 2011. Hopefully this improved services to the community. After all, that's what it's all about in a community hospital.

If you care do not work here

Former Employee - RCP II  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - RCP II in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Community Hospital of San Bernardino full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salaries are competitive, great benefits, and the departments are close knit like family.

Cons

Management is lacking. There is no advancement opportunities. Horrible patient care. No training offered.

Look at other departments and restructure.

Be Weary

I worked at Community Hospital of San Bernardino full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salaries are competitive, great benefits. Bonus options available. Healthcare fully paid for employee plus family. 401K contribution. Gym and fitness bonuses.

Cons

Management is lacking. The Senior Leadership is looking out for themselves. They don't care about the lay staff. Be careful because you might get thrown under the bus at any moment. No potential for advancement. The leadership is very shady.

Stop trying to pad your pockets.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

transporter

Current Employee - Transporter  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Transporter in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Community Hospital of San Bernardino

Pros

The hospital is part of a large healthcare company, most of the staff is under SEIU ( a union) and the pay and benefits are probably the best in the area.

Cons

The neighborhood around the hospital is pretty rough. There is a lot of gang activity, but if you feel the need to, security would escort you to your car.

The neuro care unit seems to be the major unit of concern. No one likes working there because they are afraid to be fired over histerical family members of patients, and because some of the RNs are outright disrespectful, not to mention management hasn't appeared to improve its image any(let alone try to).

Great hospital to work for. Good work-life balance, challenging work and amazing co-workers

I worked at Community Hospital of San Bernardino

Pros

Work-life balance was what I loved about this hospital

Cons

A little conservative. Very careful with anything new.

Think outside the box.

Excellent management. Very supportive.

I worked at Community Hospital of San Bernardino as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was hired by Community Hospital for a per-diem position and my manager knew I was seeking full-time employment. When I was offered a full-time position by another company, she didn't try to guilt trip me into staying in my position or manipulate me as another company did. In fact, she congratulated me and said she was disappointed to see me go, but happy that I had found a position that would offer me the "salary and benefits you deserve. That company is lucky to have you." Only good managers would respond like this! Also, the salary was amazing- $16 dollars higher than what I was being paid at St. Bernardine's Medical Center for the same job in the same city! Also, the staff were exceptional and always very welcoming during my training.

Cons

None, however I was only briefly there and may not have experienced the negative aspects.

Worked for Community Hospital of San Bernardino? Contribute to the Community!