Community Options

Updated May 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert P. Stack

It was a good learning experience.

ProsThe personal growth I experienced.

Cons24/7 on call and handling emergency situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't think of anything at the moment

Management Rules With an Iron Fist!

CSS (Current Employee)
    Paducah, KY

ProsThe clients are wonderful and fun to be aournd. They like to go to movies, do puzzles, arts and crafts.

ConsThe management is very fire and brimstone. They rule with an iron fist. They use intimidation tactics to get their employees to be obedient and subservient. They use lies, twisting, and coercion to get an employee to come into the office and sign a write up or counseling form. They run you ragged. Basically in order to work here, you have to walk on eggshells literally. For Eight dollars an hour you do CNA tasks, play maid, cook, take clients to doctors appointments and out to social events, and lots of paperwork. On top of it all there is no incentive.

Advice to Senior ManagementPack your bags and get your resumes ready. You are unfit to be in Management as your negative tactics are a bad influence to both employees and developmental people. No one gets an award or is recognized for outstanding work anyway.

Very Disappointing

Princeton, NJ

ProsNice people to work with, great stepping stone, I learned a lot about myself and my career.

ConsBad pay, bad management, very unfair work environment, and they do not care about the staff across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is too much to share.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chaotic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people doing good work

ConsOrganizational structure was chaotic

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed clearly defined job duties

To many chiefs...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the individuals within the homes.

ConsNo, structured training. No communication from the office to the staff who work in the homes. Staff who only take on the responsibilities they want to and let the rest for someone else to do, and the someone else doesn't even know it is being left for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet all sides of any situation before you act on them.

Poorly Run Organization

CSS (Former Employee)
    Binghamton, NY

ProsIt was a pleasure serving the people.

ConsEverything else - nepotism, favoritism, rude managers, lack of communication, inexcusably poor pay.

I really enjoyed working with the team and love the residents. Was a great experience that I would love to go back to!

CNA (Former Employee)
    Vashon, WA

ProsVCCC really does work as a team.

ConsLike any Nursing home it would be loosing residents. As I know you are not suppose to get close but it is impossible not to.

A Complete Mess

Pros- Relaxed

- Some good hearts on staff

Cons- Unorganized

- Nothing actually gets done

- Low wages

Advice to Senior ManagementStep up, actually make the changes you talk about.

Catty losers on a power trip

Option Quest Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsUh, none, none at all

ConsNo pay, no benefits, nepotism, top heavy management with bloated salaries, broken down houses, no habilitation for clients, management power trips, the list goes on

Advice to Senior ManagementYou clearly don't care about the clients

Horrible Upper Management

Direct Support Professional (Former Employee)
    Forked River, NJ

ProsVery rewarding to work with individual and help the achieve their life goals. Great staff who work hard, and enjoy their job.

ConsUpper management is barbaric. They manage by intimidation. No matter how wonderful your work ethic if you show any sort of intelligence it is seen as a threat and you go nowhere in the company. Everyone is paid the same across the board no matter your education or experience. NEPOTISM is rampant thru the entire company. Especially in Forked River. Just because someone shares your blood, name or friends of the family it does not make them cut out for the job. They fire their cronies at times to make it look good and then hire them back quickly in another group home for the people to only commit the same infractions and sometimes worse. Some house are short on food at times. Some house are in deplorable condition with mold growing. Some individuals are constantly lied to about their life choice and dreams by management and this is abuse. Its all about $$$. Someone should ask about the bonuses they get for not spending their budgets.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip. You chase off good employees and your individual suffer. Stop worrying about giving unqualified family and friends jobs the individuals suffer and you build incredible amounts of resentment. Clean house once and for all!!!

Worked for Community Options? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Community Options reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Community Options CEO Robert P. Stack . All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Community Options employees.