Community Rehab Associates Reviews

Kelly McDonnell

1. I love my job!

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The school based setting provides a challenging rewarding career and a good amount of breaks throughout the year. Being in a school based setting I don't have to deal with cancellations or driving around so there is more time to focus on therapy.

Cons

I would always like more opportunities to collaborate with others in the field. It would be great if school assignments could be made earlier in the year. It's a challenge to get my schedule together at the beginning of the school year but it always works out.

Advice to Management

Continue to make providing quality therapy services the focus of the business.

Community Rehab has earned its reputation as a leader in the field.

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Pasco, FL
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Pasco, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CRA is extremely well organized and employee-friendly. I have worked for companies where that is not the case and the difference is clear. Personnel are always available to assist therapists with any issues that come up. I feel fortunate to be part of the CRA family. CRA expects quality from staff and is known for the professionalism of its therapists. Therapists are rewarded with top notch benefits and compensation. I have nothing but positive things to say about CRA.

Cons

As with any contract position, employees need to be flexible enough to move from location to location as needed and be ok with being the "interim" therapist while covering for someone who is on leave or who just vacated the position. If you view this as more of an interesting journey than a "con" you will be happier about being somewhat transient.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a fantastic job and I am not saying that just because this is a public review. I tell everyone the same thing. CRA is growing, thriving, and leading in such a positive way.

Jan 22, 2015Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you so much for your review! We are constantly striving to nurture and maintain our professional relationships. As well as work to place candidates in jobs that work best for them. We are ... More

Therapist-owned company

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Cocoa Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Cocoa Beach, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates

Pros

I think I have really benefited from the fact that Community Rehab is owned by a Speech Pathologist. I have worked for other contract agencies in the past and it feels like they want to give you the lowest pay they can. Being therapist-owned, they make sure their employees feel appreciated and compensated well for their hard work. Also, this year, my school district went through some serious budget cuts. When most companies would have decreased my pay to cover for this, CRA absolved almost all of the cut so I saw no difference in my pay.

Cons

I wish that I was able to have some of the smaller holidays paid (Columbus Day, etc). However, I do have PTO available that I can use.

Advice to Management

I would love to have a chance to connect with some other CRA therapists and share ideas.

Jan 20, 2015Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are always looking for ways to further connect with our employees. Recently we have created a monthly e-news letter and have worked on being more involved with our ... More

5. Overall, my experience at CRA Therapy has been pleasant. I enjoy the open communication and ease of accessibility.

Current Employee - SLP in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - SLP in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro is the ties and positive relationships the company has to the School Districts, making it easier to get a preferred job. I also really enjoy the fact that the company is currently growing and expanding but remaining loyal in it's dedication to it's therapist community. They are growing their social media platforms, and reaching out even more with a new newsletter, semi-regular emails on topics of interest, and more.

Cons

I guess a challenge would be that their is not a lot of opportunity to talk to other therapists in the company and chat about school issues, etc.

Advice to Management

I would create an open forum on the website so therapists can communicate with each other.

A Wonderful Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Speech Pathologist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Speech Pathologist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After being in the profession of speech pathology for over 20 years, I have worked for companies that definitely have not lived up to their promises to us as employees. I have to say that over the years it has been rare to feel from a company that you are valued - at times it seems that you represent a way to get "more money " for them. Community Rehab is such a breath of fresh air because for the first time in a long time I feel like a professional with a human touch! The company treats me with respect and care and I have to say as a veteran in the profession, that it is rare to be treated that way! Thank you Community Rehab for that feeling - I feel professional but human again!

Cons

The only complaint is that I wish I can accrue more hours or time off in cases of sick leave etc. I would love to have the hours roll over from year to year so that when you have an emergency you feel rest assured that things will be alright. That would be my only complaint.

Advice to Management

To consider a way to have accrual or hours that roll over from year to year is not only a benefit for the employee but for Community Rehab as well. It would ensure loyalty and longevity for the company. Also considering salaries would be a plus for the employee and employer as well - especially for employees that have but in a longer time with the company.

Jan 20, 2015Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We are always looking to retain the "Community" in Community Rehab, and to treat our therapists with the utmost respect and professionalism. We appreciate your ... More

7. Great company run by good people - I love my job.

Current Employee - SLP in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - SLP in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CRA really does its best to match therapists with their interests and location requests. The staff has been nothing but friendly and helpful. The Clinical Fellowship supervisors take personal interest in each of their CF's (which is rare for a contract company!) and provide helpful feedback and scaffolding. Therapists receive a raise once they obtain their CCC's. I have worked for this company for several months and am very happy with my job. (As a basis of comparison, I worked for a different contract company prior to this one. At the previous company, I felt overworked, under-paid, and expendable). Community Rehab offers a "breath of fresh air" difference in organization, management, and corporate values. The company takes pride in offering good service to the community and I have enjoyed working for them because of it.

Cons

Pay is per-hour, meaning you do not get paid on days you do not work. There is no sick time available and you do not accrue vacation days. As a contract therapist, there is always the chance that the position you are covering could be "filled" at any time by the school district. This has not yet happened to me, but it is a notable risk with any non-salary contract position.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have occasional company events, where we can meet office staff and other employees. I know everyone only via phone and email. However, I really have no complaints as the management is doing a great job!

Sep 17, 2014Marketing/Business Development

Thank you for your review! We love to hear employee feedback on what they loved about working with us and also some things we can work on. We're currently working on putting together a plan to get to ... More

8. Great company, wonderful people

Current Contractor - Speech Therapist in Tampa, FL
    Current Contractor - Speech Therapist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Community Rehab is run for therapists, by therapists. I have had nothing but pleasant interactions with all supervisors and staff. Upon employment, they are welcoming and accomodating to individual needs. The upper management really works hard to ensure that you are placed in a setting that is the right "fit" for you. Clinical Fellowship supervision has been fantastic, and Deborah (my supervisor) is very helpful, observant, and attentive to the CF experience. Overall, it seems that everyone who works for this company is usually in a good mood - and that speaks volumes for the quality of the company itself!

Cons

No way around it - it is contract work. The work can be somewhat inconsistent, and if you are staffed in a school that suddenly fills the position with a permanent therapist, you could be out of work for a while until another placement is found for you. Be prepared for this scenario- otherwise, I have no complaints whatsoever about the company or the people who run it. I have worked for bad, money-hungry contract companies before, and this is definitely not one of them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - I love working for this company, and especially appreciate the friendly staff. Even though I have never met many of the behind-the-scenes administration, I feel like I know everyone via their emails. Personal visits from Deborah for CF observation hours were always a joy, and I really appreciated her insightful therapy tips.

Sep 17, 2014Marketing/Business Development

One of the things that we pride ourselves in here at CRA is that we are a company run BY therapists and FOR therapists. With Our owner and Director of Services being a licensed Speech-Language ... More

Community Rehab Associates Photos