Community Tax Reviews

Reset
3.9
Nick Charveron

1. Featured Review

Great company and great people.

Current Employee - Senior Case Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture. Everyone motivates you. You can work as much as you want, so if you like putting in extra hours this is a great job. Flexible schedule. You actually feel like you belong to a team. Management is super laid back, understanding, and always willing to you teach more. Everyone here breathes and lives sales. Awesome compensation structure. You don't feel like you bring work home with you and you can actually have a work life balance.

Cons

You are the only one that can hold yourself back here, so if you don't like to work hard and reap the reward this is not a job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

For professional sales reps who have a great work ethic and aim high.

Current Employee - Senior Case Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self directed success limited only but lack of individual effort. Great co-workers. Beautiful down-town Chicago office. Excellent earning potential. Fast pace diverse work environment.

Cons

If you can not adapt to an ever changing process you might feel overwhelmed. If you are not a self starter we will get left behind and not maximize your earning potential.

Advice to Management

Appreciate acknowledge and advance your star players. Show more sensitivity to your employees in your communication style.

3. Learned a lot

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

great place to learn. crazy work environment.

Cons

similar to the movie boiler room.

Advice to Management

pay people more

5. It Could be a better place to work if...

Pros

It's a Okay place to work..

Cons

It Can be stressful and depressing at times.

Jun 8, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

This is one of those classic “I have good news and I have bad news” types of reviews. We would like to say THANK YOU for RECOMMENDING Community Tax as a place to work. We would also like to say ... More

6. This is a positive, fast moving company. They're quick with answers and solutions.

Former Employee - Senior Case Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Case Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

downtown location and fast paced

Cons

busy environment bonuses are not outlined clearly enough

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Apr 15, 2015 – HR Specialist / Recruiter

It's always good to hear a current or former employee say "Keep up the Good Work"... and see that they would Recommend Community Tax as a good place to work. Although we feel that Commissions ... More

7. Horrible Company To Work For !!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Downtown Chicago next to the CTA

Cons

The guy running this operation is a non experienced sales manger that cant manage the a real sale floor. He and other management bullies belittles you, Training is HORRIBLE!. Company uses bait and switch when recruiting talent. misleads you to the amount of money you can actually make. Management disrespects its employees and do not value them. Uses scare tactics to get you to do what they want you to do. Tons of office politics and you and NO room for advancement. Management uses favoritism to and feeds only good lead to people they like instead of being fair to everyone. I can go on but OVERALL BAD COMPANY STAY AWAY!

Advice to Management

TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT, STOP LYING to people about how much money you can really make. STOP PLAYING FAVORITISM! STOP USING SCARE TACTICS TO GET PEOPLE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER CAUSE THE COMPANY AND THE GUYS RUNNING IT WILL NEVER CHANGE....STAY AWAY!! and stop walking around asking employees to write you bogus review on here. All the review on the site are written by employees that management walked up to and bullied them into writing.

Mar 30, 2015 – HR Specialist / Recruiter

The primary unfortunate aspect of anonymous reviews is the ability to post something totally inappropriate with no responsibility to, or intention of providing accurate helpful information. For ... More

8. If you like a Fast Paced, Growing Entrepreneurial firm... This is it

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast Pace... Lots of Energy The firm is focused on delivering World Class service to clients at affordable costs Coworker dynamics are great and teams work well together Founders/Partners are very active in the business and accessible Challenging work Fast Changing, Entrepreneurial firm where effort and performance will be rewarded by recognition and being part of the growth that is occurring I have been here just under a year and believe that this company is positioned for growth. Management invites improvement, listens to input and recommendations and looks for opportunities to recognize performance For Sales people.. there is the opportunity to make phenomenal money while making a significantly positive impact on people's lives

Cons

Entrepreneurial firms tend to be hectic, fast changing and challenging. Performance driven environments can be stressful If you do not operate will in either of the environments described in the previous two lines it may not be for you

Not Terrible Entry Level Job

Former Employee - Legal in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Legal in Chicago, IL

I worked at Community Tax (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot and work hard on a variety of tax issues.

Cons

Low pay and benefits. Long hours and little incentive besides holding onto your job to perform well.

10. Love my job

Pros

I have been working for this company for a little over half a year and I absolutely love working here. Since day 1 I have been learning about different areas of the company. What I like the most is that most people are crossed trained on different areas and the day won't fall apart when someone didn't make it in for the day. I like the people I work with and I know I have a long stay in this company due to opportunities offered. You pretty much get what out of the job what you put in.

Cons

Aside from having an hour commute since we are located down town, I have nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

More comradery within departments.

11. Good company if you are a hard worker

I worked at Community Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. My co-workers were friendly, caring, and always willing to help each other. Management was very accessible and I was treated fairly. I enjoyed working in an environment where modern tools were embraced rather than clinging to paper. Management dealt with problem employees rather than promoting them, as happens in some other companies. Benefits were decent and paid overtime was allowed during busy times. If you love the work, are willing to work hard, and are computer-savvy, you can do well at the company.

Cons

The majority of clients were difficult to deal with, but the company still expects you to produce. There seemed to be finger-pointing between departments. I felt that my skills were underutilized, which may have been because I was there less than a year. Training was minimal. I did not observe much in the way of promotion from within. It appeared that the company would rather hire a new unproven employee for a higher position than promote people who have been there and who have proven themselves. While these are cons, for a lot of people, they are not enough to deter you from working there.

Advice to Management

Be open to improvements. Sometimes the people closest to the work can't see problems that affect others. As a company grows, you may need to change your processes. Strive to make the best possible use of your resources.

RSS Feed </> Embed