Comodo

Updated October 25, 2014
3.1

Comodo President and CEO Melih Abdulhayoglu
Melih Abdulhayoglu

Pros
  • Being in Jersey City is great since the view from the building is nice (in 9 reviews)

• The work environment is versatile and team management is satisfactory, in my opinion (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Insane profit expectations from the sales team, zero respect from upper management (in 14 reviews)

• The benefits are awful and the PTO is horrible and probably one of the worst in the industry (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Work life is balanced and sensible goals to achieve.

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like working here because the company's working hours and schedules didn't affect my personal life. I had these issues in my previous company but Comodo helped me in that regards. Besides helpful co-workers and my job role, there isn't much to be said about. It's going ok so far, and still learning.

Cons

There is no choice of food in the cafe and overall work environment lacks professional touch. It can be better. Employee recreational activities are limited.

Add more recreational games to beat job stress.

Aug 8, 2014Product Marketing

The hours are great --- I was looking for the same. Look for the suggestion box that will be coming soon!

This company is completely dysfunctional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are profitable. They pay well. They have great antivirus technology.

Cons

Management is completely arbitrary. I wasn't able to spend time doing the job for which I was hired because I had to fight fires and cover for others who weren't doing their jobs. It felt like I was hired just to take blame.

Focus on your core products. Be more sensitive to the real operational issues that are slowing down development.

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

We are a growing company and sometimes our employee's are ask to wear different hats. We believe that this gives them the opportunity to learn different aspects of our business.

... More

Telemarketing and spam blasts. Hit your unrealistic quota, or you are fired.

Former Employee - Sales in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Comodo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere minus the telemarketing. Free coffee and fruit. The CEO is generous with buying food for everyone. Most people there are fun to be around. Incentives for hitting quota.

Cons

Hilarious turnover rate. Yes, it's true, most of these positive reviews are fake. I saw these reviews before I was hired, and then fired and I should have listened. I feel like the marketing department writes these review (you can tell by the similar positive reviews and grammar style). It must look so bad the upper management tells others to write these reviews. I have not met a "3 year employee", let alone 1 year employee even for management.

You get a 1 week paid training class. The website vtiger you use to manage the clients you spam is TERRIBLE and is not explained well at all in training. The system goes down often. You have to hit a certain number of sales your first month or you are fired. The majority of people you train with will either get fired or quit. When you train, take a look at the floor and people working ... the "face" of Comodo will be quite different than what you saw before in 1 week.

They only care about an order number or credit card from a client.

You're only wasting more money by hiring, then firing. There needs to be a longer training period other than what an SSL is. I understand you learn most on the floor, but it's unrealistic to expect workers to produce a number, then suddenly expect them to cross sell other expensive products that we have no idea what the are. Fix your coding and software (your SSL's are not always compatible), and quit spamming the same clients 100 times a day. We have lost more business to hounding clients through telemarkerting than anything else.

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

We have revamped our hiring process as well as our initial training with workshops, spot training and more role plays which have greatly reduced our turnover.

Thank you for your feedback.

Mediocre earning potential, high employee turnover

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Comodo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive initial salary with bumps for hitting initial quotas. Paid training. Nice building (even if it is pretty much empty) and all the free coffee you can drink. Semi-supportive management (for more read cons). My experience was generally positive.

Cons

Extremely high employee turnover, I saw dozens of people hired and let go during my tenure. Management was supportive but understand that they are "supportive" until you miss a quota. Depending on which dept. you're in, expect 2/3 of the people you were trained with to be gone within the first month. Long story short, expect to be let go within the first 3 months.

Quotas are unrealistic and few sales people hit their number on a month to month basis. Instead of working on new sales strategies and promotions they insist on hounding potential customers (check customer reviews elsewhere, they go far more in depth). Sales is a "set it and forget it" mentality, create the order, forget the client and move on.

Good luck.

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

We are currently working on new strategies and they are being implemented. These new strategies have sharply reduced our turn-over rate on the sales floor. We've had zero turn-over within the last ... More

Promises a challenging work environment

Current Employee - Web Developer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I joined the company, I assumed the AV industry has a great future and it is evident now in a time where security matters the most. Our goals have consistently increased that boosted my skills and my morale. An exciting company to work for, Comodo it is!

Cons

The infrastructure is great but there is much scope for improvement.

Better work environment will boost employees more, apart from it its a pleasure to work.

Aug 8, 2014Product Marketing

Thank you for your post. You are right Comodo is it!

Horrible Experience Stay Far Away

Former Employee - Account Manager in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Comodo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay , Location , Basic Call Center Experience

Cons

Staff doesn't care about you at all . If you don't meet your goals the first month they throw you out there you are fired ! They only care about unrealistic goals in a very tough and limited selling market . It feels like your working your butt off for little to no compensation . Its not worth it .

Also , they only give you one week of training and expect you to produce immediately when there is so much that you need to know before getting on the phones.

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

We believe we offer a very competitive salary + commission + benefits. In addition the Internet Security industry is viable and growing. We've also added more training (i.e. spot training) to ... More

Sickening

Former Employee - Account Executive in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Comodo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-pay if you can stand to work there

Cons

-terrible commute
    - spam telemarketing people that know who we are because we have already called them 300 times.
    - SUPER high turnover, I was hired with 10 other people, all fired/quit within 2 months.

Do not spam call potential clients, calling the same people every other day is not the way to do business. Sometimes calling 3-4 times in the same day.

should probably just switch the business model you guys are doing - the shotgun approach to sales - use generic presentation on the phone 150 times per day does not work.

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

Sorry, we couldn't do anything about your commute. We have revamped our hiring and recruiting process, which have lead to a overall reduction in employee turn-over.

We're proud of that. We've
    ... More

Absolute Joke of a Company

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Comodo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You're in the same boat with the other employees.

Cons

Everything. Fake reviews on this site are very entertaining. This is the WORST place ever to work.

Hire someone else to run the company and go away. You are evil, go back to where you came from.

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

We are sorry to read your experience with us wasn't a pleasant one and wish you all the best in your next position.

I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Comodo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is convenient to work.
    Very flexible top management. Streamlined job roles. And, most of all it's a new lesson every day to be here. I recommend Comodo to my level best.

Cons

Transit is bit difficult by car and the parking area is not spacious as it should be.

Need more space for parking, if possible

Aug 8, 2014Product Marketing

Thank you for your thoughts.

I learnt the nuances of SSL industry from the best CA.

Current Employee - Senior Associate Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Comodo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Introduced me to the world of SSL
    Professional work atmosphere
    Streamlined deadlines
    Supportive management

Cons

More employee benefits should be added, in the near future.

Glad that I could be part of this company.

Aug 8, 2014Product Marketing

Glad we could introduce you to this new SSL world!

Comodo Photos