CompHealth

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael R. Weinholtz

Great place to work, if you meet quotas

ProsEnvironment is fun, people are nice.

ConsIt can take up to 6 months to make a placement.

Middle management is out of touch with the work life balance company culture

Client Development/Client Recruiter (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsCasual Dress Code, pebble ice machines, vacation time, good co-workers until they get fired or leave because they fear being fired.

ConsThey preach work/life balance and putting people first. Upper management believes this but that's about where it ends. They want to keep up that appearance but they don't practice what they preach. Also I've known three people on my team in good standing who had the time available to take off but were told if they were to take a day of PTO it would show the team that they don't care about them and their goals and that they really shouldn't take that single day off even with plenty of advance notice. Half of the operations managers are decent to be around and half are a nightmare. Not worth the gamble and constant pressure. True turn over rate (most of it involuntary) is upwards of 65%.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe pressure put on us employees is unrealistic. If we are bringing in $1 mil a year yet we are being constantly threatened about being put on a plan for not hitting targets, it's ridiculous. I'm not even close to making six figures yet year in and year out I've made the company around 1mil GM. No respect, no loyalty, constant pressure which is why we drop like flies.

management is lacking

Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsIt was close to home.
    I stayed 10+ years
    no dress code

ConsLazy manager and micro manging President of the division.
    Back stabbing manager and some co-workers and that was encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt starts at the top set the example the happy hours are not enough to keep seasoned employees.
    Playing games does not make up for Directors who bully and intimidate the staff.
    Directors who read magazines and talk about getting plastic surgery.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay far away!!!

Client Services Manager (Former Employee) Cottonwood Heights, UT

ProsThe people I worked with are still some of my closest friends. That is the only plus.

ConsThere are too many to list. Management was relentless in their ambition to push the team to make goals. They want people who they can pour into their cooperate mold and turn into low paid drones. I literally cried every day at work. They do not want any kind of suggestions. Shut up and sit down. Do what your told and that's it. It has been a few years since I worked there however I still know people who work there and nothing has changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother... they don't listen.

Genuine concern for the health care practitioner

Optometrist (Former Employee) White Earth, MN

ProsThe company is very organized and have a great staff to ensure that your experience in locum tenens is the best possible experience and productive for both you and the facility.

ConsMost positions for optometrists are in remote locations/

Turn away

ProsNone so far that I've identified

ConsThey modify your contract agreement without notifying you which is indeed illegal and not what is stated on the contractor agreement.
    Poor housing arrangements, being changed at the last minute
    Permanent placement recruiter very pushy/aggressive

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider your strategy as being this aggressive

I'm proud to have CompHealth and CHG Healthcare Services on my resume.

Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI worked at CompHealth for 5 years before leaving to pursue another opportunity to more quickly advance along my career path. At CompHealth, I was impressed with the leadership of the organization, especially that of Melissa Byington, current president of the temporary physician staffing division and her VPs; individuals I worked with on almost a daily basis. EVERY organization has its share of drama or politics, but one thing I found at CompHealth that impressed me as unique in comparison to other companies I've worked for, is the stoic, consistent, and passionate focus by Melissa and her team on company goals and employee well being, a direct execution of the CEO's vision. Because of this and other pros such as the focus on personal and professional growth, CompHealth and CHG Healthcare Services are on my short list of companies that I would work for in Utah and would be proud to be employed by them again if my career path leads me back.

ConsIf you're not an "A" player, you probably won't like working here. This organization employs talented people with passion to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being open to suggestions and candid feedback. Don't let the company's growth distract you from the foundational elements that make this a great company to work for.

BeNot the best and not the worsttter

Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsDecent benefits, decent work activities, team work environment. Overall it's decent and you aren't treated terribly. I do believe the company wants to retain employees and tries to keep things fun and interesting while making sure they are pumping work out of you too.

ConsAll administrative staff are like the step child that's forgotten about and the sales reps really get all the perks. Management is not transparent at all and there's always a sense of unease. You have to put a smile on your face and act as if everything is fine and dandy or you'll get talked to about having a bad attitude and not fitting in with the "culture". The pay is ridiculous! There's no rhyme or reason to how they decide on the pay for all of the administrative staff and admins cannot get salaried. There's absolutely no room for growth so expect to work the same job the whole time you're there. Sales reps can grow somewhat if they want to go into management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the assignment coordinators, credentialers, hosp privs, etc. because they play a VERY important roll in making sure jobs actually happen. You can put a sales rep on the phone to make a sell but if you don't have someone to make sure all the logistics happen you've lost a client and a doctor. Offer better pay, provide the same kinds of rewards with equal opportunity as you do sales reps, be a little more transparent and offer some serious opportunity for growth.

Poor Managers and Directors

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe People, it was like a second family

ConsManagement thinks they know what is best. They also have a tendency to have "favorites"

Awesome Place to Work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsIf you are looking for a job that will satisfy you in all areas CompHealth is your place. I have never worked somewhere that states that they are about "Putting People First" and then follows through with that motto 100%. You are surrounded by amazing co workers and a leadership team that genuinely cares.

ConsIt is challenging work, so if you are looking for a place that you can do the minimum and succeed, it is not for you. However, with hard work comes great rewards.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job.

Worked for CompHealth? Contribute to the Community!