CompHealth Reviews

46 reviews filtered by
2.9
Michael R. Weinholtz

1. Better than most

I have been working at CompHealth

Pros

Great benefits package, many perks, great people, beautiful work space overlooking the valley.

Cons

Depending on your specialty this can be the best or worst experience. There is always a need for more. You can exceed your targets but there is still a push for more.
    There is a lot of focus on giving the physicians the lowest rate and charging the clients the most... Whatever happened to providing healthcare at an affordable rate

Live the Core Values

2. Fantastic culture & benefits

Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy working at CompHealth because I know first and foremost that they care about me as a person. My manager proactively schedules regular meetings with me just to check in and see how I am doing more than surface level and gives me constructive criticism and advice as needed. I don't doubt that I'll make six figures next year after only being here for less than two years, and that is in huge part thanks to my immediate manager and the culture of constant improvement and putting others first. A strong work ethic along with maintaining a positive attitude through the ups and downs are both essential in order to succeed as a Search Consultant here, but it is very doable. The benefits are great along with very generous PTO and paid time given to volunteer if desired.

Cons

The roller coaster ride of recruiting, but you'll find that at any employer working as a recruiter. Also, if this is possible, they may actually have TOO many events going on for employees, which can take away from productivity.

Don't ever stop showing that you genuinely care about your employees, through both word and deed. Rapid growth can cause this effect if you're not careful.

3. This is a great company with the opportunity to make good money.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great money, days go by so fast. Very fast pace. Great people. Flexible with schedules. Fun environment. Keeps you on your toes.

Cons

Very stressful! You have to pull days out of your butt it seems. If you are not hitting your numbers they always think you must be doing something wrong. But maybe they should look at other factors like, the team more than doubling in size and jobs staying the same, rather than increasing to support all the new people.

We work hard. It's a very difficult job. We should be compensated better for how hard and stressful it is.

5. Recruiter

I worked at CompHealth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefit s...people training made 100,k a year

Cons

Long hours highstress job

Slipping

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good compensation plan. You can make a lot of money if you are willing to figure out how to make it work. But don't expect any help.

Cons

They believe they have an amazing training program. They don't the first week is a self agrandizing waste of time and effort. When I started they were on their way up. They even made it to the top 5 in companies to work for. Unfortunately they started buying their own hipe and have been started slidding. In one year the dropped nearly 20 spots. Instead of figuring out what went wrong they have convinced themselves it was a statistical anomaly. Bottom line you know a company is on its' way out when the CEO is jumping ship.

Live the core values you preach. When you say entegrity and ethics are important to you don't look for ways to over charge your clients and under pay your doctors. Don't tell your senior sales people to tell new hires to offer doctors half what they should get paid. That is also not putting people first. In fact the only thing I think was true is your bhag making yourselves the most money, but you do need to change that to include by ripping off clients, doctors, and employees. There is a reason you have to pay $500 for a new employee and have nearly a 50% turnover rate in year one. It is because you live non of the values you teach. Like a work life balance does not mean getting to work 30 minutes early, having to work through lunch and getting lectured for asking for half an hour off to go to the doctors.

This is a great place to work, if you are willing to put in the effort. You work hard, you play hard.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked for many different companies in my career, and I have never had a company treat me as well as CompHealth does. I feel like they really want to see you succeed, and they do a great job with training. I don't see myself leaving anytime soon, as I've yet to find a company where the team morale was so high.

Cons

As with every sales position, it takes a little while to get into the higher commission bracket, as it takes a little while to build your pipeline. However, if you work hard and stay focused, you will build it sooner than you think.

Don't let anything change our culture. It's awesome.

8. Times have changed; it isn't like it used to be

Current Contractor - ARNP in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - ARNP in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CompHealth as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have jobs, yes. But that is the extent of their involvement. The mind set is like a server in a restaurant. You are the piece of meat on a plate, and you are served up to a client.

Cons

No one has your back. I've had two bad experiences as a locums with this company and neither was my fault. The first was while staffing a busy ER and a patient filed a false EMTALA complaint. It was disproved but the contract was cancelled. No one defended me except the hospital. CompHealth cares nothing for its contractors. The second was with a family practice and the contract ended early. I had glowing reviews online from patients and a written email from the doctor I worked with praising me. Their quality management called me twice to grill me over it. I was out 3 weeks of pay. It was all implied it was my fault by innuendo. I deserved to get the 3 weeks pay and an apology but didn't.

Stop treating your locums like uneducated and somehow guilty low lives. It is very offensive. I honestly wish you that sit in the corporate offices had to go out and actually experience what travel is like. CompHealth used to be a good company to work for but no longer. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There are far better companies out there.

Compromise your integrity, lie, cheat , steal and you will be successful and promoted

I worked at CompHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Beats being unemployed or working at McDonalds

Cons

In the "Perm Division" if you falsify your numbers, drink the cool aid and kiss up you will get promoted. The lack of check and balance goes all the way to the top. One Manager was called out for falsifying numbers so that he and team members could go to PRESIDENTS CLUB and nothing was done.

If you have ethics and are looking for a long term opportunity go else where.

There is no way this charade can continue. Perm is loosing money daily and you will not take accountability.

good place to work

Current Employee - Assignment Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Assignment Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO & benefits, good pay

Cons

They always talk about how the company promotes work life balance and offering alternative schedules but very few business partner roles (non sales) actually allow you to have an alternative schedule.

11. An excellent healthcare staffing company.

Former Contractor - Physical Therapist in Warrenton, VA
    Former Contractor - Physical Therapist in Warrenton, VA

I worked at CompHealth as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter was very attentive to detail and sensitive to my timeline. She connected my with an excellent client that well matched my skills.

Cons

The multiple layers of the organization may create confusion when an alternative recruiter contacts talent. Consistent or advance notice of a new recruiter is helpful in developing trust and loyalty.

The recruiter talent relationship is the window to the company. When that isn't consistent it creates an impersonal connection that is easily replaced.