Compass Airlines Reviews

3.5

CEO

Being a Flight Attendant

I worked at Compass Airlines

Pros

Great training and being able to be an individual at work without micro-management!

Cons

Long probationary period with little to no sympathy during that time

excellent airline - limited resources

I have been working at Compass Airlines full-time

Pros

Intelligent management, industry leader in many ways

Cons

Challenging management resources make operations difficult

It's ok.. Good place to start not to stay!!

Former Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Compass Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to get started
    Build resume
    Good place to learn about the airline business

Cons

Not good place to grow
    Bad inflight management
    Always seems to against its flight attendants
    Awful turn over rate

Needs more change in management than in flight crews

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, limited airline benefits

I have been working at Compass Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free and reduced travel for employees and parents on entire Delta Airlines system. Flight Attendant jumpseat agreements throughout industry including American, Jet Blue, United , US Air, SWA, so it is easy if you are a commuter. Crews are great, it is a smaller company, friendships built. Make sure you love the airline industry because reserve (on call ) is brutal for the first year or two.

Cons

No buddy passes. Also, because of its relationship as a Connection carrier with Delta Airlines, free and reduced employee and parent travel is reserved and boarded at a lower priority than mainline Delta employees and retirees. This includes travel on our own airline. This can be and is a real burden on families with children or retired parents. In addition, though the Delta Connection airlines (of which there are five or six) operate around 50% of all Delta domestic service and get better scores than Delta mainine, they do not get bonuses or profit sharing from DL. Pay is average, a recent union contract got the flight attendants out of one of the lowest paid Flight Attendant tiers and up to industry standard and longevity raises for regionals. Career opportunities upward into management is limited, inflight service and training has been hired predominantly from outside the company. Needs more diversity in management and pilot hiring.

For the owners of the company: We are in the big leagues with DL and can't be getting by on a shoestring. Occasional blizzard snowstorms and stranded employees with no hotel accommodations and no effort by the company to accommodate will not be forgotten. For senior mgt: Try to schedule out of the office more and fly around with crews occasionally to see what the problems and strengths are of the company. For inflight supervisors: Get out and meet with crews more often and see how the crews are doing, take note of catering and cleaner problems as they happen; don't focus so much on office work. Try to fly a trip now and then. The curent impression is that supervisors care only about attendance and whether a scarf is tied or not.

Flight Attendant On Embraer 175

I have been working at Compass Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

New aircraft with only 2 F.A. on board.

Cons

I don't have any negatives to report.

I like Compass Airlines but it has it's issues.

Current Employee - Co-Pilot  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Co-Pilot in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Compass Airlines

Pros

The airline is reasonably well run from a day to day point of view. Ground handling is well done and maintenance is prompt in base.

Cons

The staffing is 5-10% below plan so schedules and flexibility suffer. Expect near minimum days off and frequent calls to work forced overtime on days off.

Improving staffing would reduce complaints.

seniority should count, but doesn't

I have been working at Compass Airlines

Pros

the travel benefits and the fact it is a new company with all new aircraft. The company is trying to create a new positive culture for its flight attendants, pilots, and crew schedulers. They are in a good position at the moment because the Embraer 175 aircraft are fuel efficient modern and comfortable passenger jets.

Cons

the pay is bad, the way our bid system works, seniority means nothing because the PBS system is so complicated and changes from month to month that unless you get a heads up, your bid will not yield the results you requested for even though you bid properly. It errodes the incentive to stick with the Company for better seniority. Also, the pay is the near, if not the lowest of the pay scale for the regionals.

fix the current system we use to bid to "level" the playing field for all flight attendants. Pay us more competitively. Offer better health benefits.

Fine place to work

I have been working at Compass Airlines

Pros

Delta flt benefits are very nice to have

Cons

uncertainty of the TSH transaction

good luck at Delta

Compass Airline

I have been working at Compass Airlines

Pros

There are great people always out on the line trying to help the forefront of our company.

Cons

NWA coming in. The company no longer has a close feel with regards to the upper mgmt staff..

Less numbers, less meetings, more face time and help your managers, supervisors on the tasks at hand that could be lagging due to low staff.

Worked for Compass Airlines? Contribute to the Community!