Compass Group Reviews

Reset
3.3
Compass Group CEO Richard Cousins
Richard Cousins

Pros
  • Large company with many opportunities for growth and advancement (in 5 reviews)

• Great people that are passionate (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Ability to attract quality hourly assoicates on current low pay scales is difficult (in 5 reviews)

• All lower to senior managers treat you like cannon fodder (in 3 reviews)

Compass Group needs major improvement

Current Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL

Pros

I have yet to find one.

Cons

Managers talk to you like you are a toddler. Upper management treats anyone below them like trash.

Advice to Management

To treat peole with respect. The people under you do all the work and you get all the credit for it. Show the little people of Compass Group that you care and maybe you will not have such high turn over rate.

Don't work in Field Accounting

Former Employee - Regional Accountant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Regional Accountant in Charlotte, NC

Pros

20 days vacation is the only one I can think of.

Cons

Terrible management, not all employees treated the same, terrible pay, more customer service than Accounting, DON'T WORK HERE!

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites to the employees that are sheep and follow everything you say. Value different opinions!

Disappointing, the employee is not important

Former Employee - Great Room Coordinator in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Great Room Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I worked at Compass Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the pros for working for the 4th largest company in the world is that you have a great infrastructure to rely on when you need to & it's worldwide, so making an international transistion is relatively easy

Cons

Everything else about this company is a con. The people they employ, the policies they abide by, the HR department, the pay, the benefits, the growth opportunities and potential, etc. Any and every thing else you can think of.

Advice to Management

My advice to managment is when you take a survey of how things are going, really listen. There are some good ideas. Re-assess what people are paid when a new responsibility is given. Do 360 reviews - where employees get to review the managers. Truly have an open door policy, dont tell people they can talk to upper management when it's frowned upon. Such a large company that cuts corners in every way, should have more money for benefits - they shouldn't be lacking so much. Review each branch of the company first hand. Almost everyone i know that works for Compass is unhappy.

5. Honestly.... the worst company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - EVS Associate in Hickman, TN
    Current Employee - EVS Associate in Hickman, TN

I have been working at Compass Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are great, pay is okay, benefits work out, although can be confusing while its changes so much.

Cons

Managements do not listen to the employees. There are many situations that occur. Harassment, stalking, intimidation's, manipulation's, and lies take place, and we have no one to turn to. Every complaints that have been made are over turned and written off as resolved. In which, seems as if the okay was given for this behavior. This only makes the situations worst for us employee's. Very dissatisfied.

Advice to Management

I understand that working with an associate is easier than the whole fire, and hire process is. But, as time goes on, it will only benefit you to do so. We deserve to be heard. We are a great team. Honest, hard working, and dedicated. Walk outs will happen, due to these situations you continue to be ignore. I pray the right decisions take place and protection is given to us employee's. Not one person is always right. Listen to us, help us, and give us a harassment free environment. You deserve it, and so do we.

Some facts about Compass

Former Employee - General Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Compass Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job If never open your mouth or ask for anything you will have job security

Cons

False job descriptions No support Figure it out or call the help desk Low salaries vs managed volume No room for growth, only if you are a personal friend of senior leaders

Advice to Management

Follow what you preach and make sure your regional managers aren't hypocrites

7. unhappy worker

Current Employee - Grill Cook in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Grill Cook in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Compass Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was expecting be a nice company but sucks!!

Cons

To many bosses making a lots of money and hard workers earning cheap salaries!!!!! Especially when the chef manager has special treatment with the cashier letting her be absent or out, And she get the same pay???? And hard workers got screw with vacations days, sick days and getting the right salary??? Holding paystubs with the purpose of hide his special treatment with this girl???

Advice to Management

Have a better way to determine the salary between cooks and cashier, be professional and give the right pay!!!

Horrible

I worked at Compass Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

there is nothing good about this company

Cons

Treated as if you should be "Happy to have a job". If that's all you care about good luck, that's all you should expect. Do not expect to be appreciated. And do not expect anyone to acknowledge what you bring to the table. Professional growth is not a something that occurs within.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Appreciate your employees don't make them victims.

Morrisons is horrible in the Healthcare Industry. Go back to Cafeteria!!

Current Employee - Kitchen Staff in Loudoun Heights, VA
    Current Employee - Kitchen Staff in Loudoun Heights, VA

I have been working at Compass Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros whatsoever to working with this company.

Cons

Pays too little. No room for growth.NON-working supervisors

Advice to Management

This company doesnt know the first thing about healthcare! Unsanitary work environment. They expect you to just be glad you have a job. Them crossing over to healthcare was a money move. This is a multi-billion dollar company and they don't give a rats ass about those who are helping them make the money.They expect more out of the part timers than the full timers. Working for this company is like working in a prison.The supervisors do not think they have to work especially when they are short staffed and think their only job is to order everyone else around and never contribute to the work load themselves. They act as if the employees have to pay them to work there.This is an AWFUL company.

10. Pros

Free meals, at least in Spain.

Cons

Everything, very slow organization afraid of changes.

Advice to Management

Without innovation you are in a terrible situation.

11. WHAT FREE FOOD!!

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Compass Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Eurest does make us pay for our food! It would help moral and maybe give people

Cons

Eurest does make us pay for our food! It would help moral and maybe give people the idea that senior management really does care about their associates and the managers in the field.

Advice to Management

Take care of you people, take care of your customers....the bottom line will always be there!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed