Compass Group USA

www.compass-usa.com

Compass Group USA Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jun 7, 2014
Compass Group USA – Chico – “the office”

Compass Group USA CEO Gary R. Green

Gary R. Green

Pros
  • career advancement and the opportunity to work for the BEST contract food service company(in 4 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for growth(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not always obtainable(in 8 reviews)

• A lack of communication across the board(in 4 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It has been a good experience,

Banquets (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLarge company. Pays on time.

ConsNo advancement. It would be nice if the manager would give employees advice about how to move up in company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employees about advancement.

Great Family Company

Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThere is the opportunity to create your career path because its so huge and there is every opportunity imaginable -education and experience helps though. Family friendly in my experience.

ConsSo huge and so different in different sectors of the company (11th largest employer IN THE WORLD). Over 28 sectors (companies) that are autonomous. Also an advantage though - if you want a change you can just change sectors.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage the diversity advantage. This is one of the most diverse and talented workforce that I have come across and there is so much to offer from the diverse set up.

Great company to work for

Director (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsSuccession opportunities for all associates.

ConsNone that I could think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tension free work place

Remedy Consultant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsHighly talented colleagues, Work Environment

ConsI don't see much downsides

A great company if you can get in and find your niche.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLoved the autonomy and freedom to think outside the box. I was lucky enough to be a remote employee and had an excellent work-life balance as a result of that. I was able to work with great mentors and coworkers that made themselves available during work and off hours.

ConsSeemed like there was no communication between different offices within corporate. There was a lot of expense report micromanaging. What one person did with their p-card didn't always equate to a team-wide rule. Too much time between communications with Senior staff and remote employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your people a little more, some feedback is always good, especially for remote employees that aren't in office on a regular basis.

Accountant

Senior Regional Accountant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat company with great benefits. Flexible schedules and work/life balance.

ConsI have no cons at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Excellent place to work

Director (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsVery large company that manages to really care about the employees and always room for advancement

ConsHealthcare costs seem higher than other companies but that may be caused by our country's leader, not our employer?!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook internally for qualified candidates first

Would never work there again!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe buildings and office environment is nice.

ConsThe IT leadership doesn't have a clue! The top 3 layers of management must have pictures of the CEO doing someing he's not suppose to. They need to clean house! You must be a failure to get a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay where you are at because it is the only place you can succeed. You would be out of a job with some of the bone headed decisions.

Good for starting your career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLarge growing company, good to gain for work experience.

ConsLack of Career Advancement, not too diverse for management level positions.

Many different positions for people interested in the Food and Beverage field

Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThere are many smaller companies within Compass that someone can find a career to grow with. You can work at the company right out of college until you are ready to retire.

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to get your foot in the door. Hard to move from the field positions to the corporate positions and visa versa.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompass Group is a good company to work for and there are many employees that show loyalty to the company.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!