Compass Group USA
www.compass-usa.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Compass Group USA Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014
Compass Group USA – Chico – “the office”

Compass Group USA CEO Gary R. Green

Gary R. Green

Pros:
  • "career advancement and the opportunity to work for the BEST contract food service company"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Great benefits and opportunities for growth"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is not always obtainable"
    in 7 reviews
  • "A lack of communication across the board"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very dissapointed

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

Prosthe promises were not honored, not a pro but I had nothing positive to say

Conspoorly managed, lack of communication, unrealistic goals, poor food quality, dirty kitchens, sub par employees. regional manager is a micro manager and very negative. Stay away from the "Gulf Coast Region"

Advice to Senior Managementcomplete turn around, support managers, provide training, do what needs to be done to build great ops, make the hard decisions, be honest

P&L Driven machine

District Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Prosthe leader in sales volume

Consits a V/A profit machine nothing else

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople make your business take care of them

I was a long term employee that was laid off.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat strong company all over the world. Many job opportunities. Many divisions within the company.

ConsI feel i was laid off because they could hire someone new for less money. They did not Continue years of experience. Upper management were easily swayed. I had all good reviews until i had a new manager who did not like me. Then my name was mudd.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont put so much pressure on staff and expect them to be happy every day to come to work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tension free work place

Remedy Consultant (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsHighly talented colleagues, Work Environment

ConsI don't see much downsides

Good job, allowed for reasonably good quality of life

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, excellent benefits. Had excellent district and regional support. Large company but generally allowed to operate to meet client expectations

ConsOutside of direct operations the bureaucratic and administrative departments are roadblocks. Purchasing, HR, are consistently slow and at times highly difficult to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementInsist upon same excellence of support departments that we are expected to deliver in field.

A great company if you can get in and find your niche.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsLoved the autonomy and freedom to think outside the box. I was lucky enough to be a remote employee and had an excellent work-life balance as a result of that. I was able to work with great mentors and coworkers that made themselves available during work and off hours.

ConsSeemed like there was no communication between different offices within corporate. There was a lot of expense report micromanaging. What one person did with their p-card didn't always equate to a team-wide rule. Too much time between communications with Senior staff and remote employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your people a little more, some feedback is always good, especially for remote employees that aren't in office on a regular basis.

Compass Group is an outstanding company to work for. They provide the tools necessary to succeed as a manager.

Catering Manager (Former Employee)
    Asheville, NC

ProsThe benefits are outstanding and there are many opportunities to move forward in your career or relocate to another account.

ConsThe expectations place on the managers are held to high standards and often there is not enough time to complete all the requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being the outstanding and supportive team that you are/

Opportunities available!

ProsBecause of the diversity of the business, there are numerous opportunities to Learn and grow within the organization. International as well as domestic opportunities are available.

ConsAs with any large organization, associates have to build and use their network to become visible to opportunities that are available.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage cross sector movement

Chef Manager

Chef Manager (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

Prosnothing anyone can say about this crooked company

ConsWhen you think the company will pay part of your college your laid off just before you graduate.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't to everyone and take care of your people

Worked as a Financial Analyst out of the Atlanta (Dunwoody) office.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsOccasional free lunches. Easy walk to public transit in Atlanta.

ConsLots of travel, 65 hour work weeks, Skills you learn are not transferable to any other company. Bad existing relationship with operations makes for a negative work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide accurate job descriptions - this is not an analytical financial position, it is an operations support role. There is little appreciation for understanding complexity and creativity..

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compass Group USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Compass Group USA CEO Gary R. Green. All 156 reviews posted anonymously by Compass Group USA employees.