Compass Group USA

www.compass-usa.com

Compass Group USA Reviews in Redmond, WA

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Compass Group USA – Chico – “the office”

Compass Group USA CEO Gary R. Green

Gary R. Green

Pros
  • career advancement and the opportunity to work for the BEST contract food service company(in 4 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for growth(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not always obtainable(in 8 reviews)

• A lack of communication across the board(in 4 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Lots of opportunity, but if you are not in the food sector - little support

Project Manager (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThe company boasts an impressive range of contracts, Fortune 50 companies, Education, Military etc, so depending on your area there are lots of opportunities for growth

ConsThe company is food-centric, if you are not in food related role, such as IT, AV, Finance etc. then the company has little support for you. All the policies, raises, company communications are geared for kitchen staff. The company has the contracts in place where it could start pushing other services like Janitorial, Reception, AV, etc but is not activly pursuing this.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppoint a non-food business development leader to establish the for non-food related services at your existing contracts.

Nightmare

Briefing Services Coordinator (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsI was employed for three years

ConsConstant Harassment. Failed attempts to reach out to HR because they communicated everything to my manager. Fired for child illness. Lack of integrity, lack of honesty.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop Micromanaging and let people thrive. Bringing people down doesn't help them work better.

Audio/Visual technician on Microsoft campus

Audio Video Technician (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsMost of the time there is little excess work to do, so getting a maintenance routine down is easy. They do provide regular training on the job, and also CTS certification training later on. Once CTS certified they give a raise. If you show a lot of ambition, it's very likely you will be given a promotion within a reasonable amount of time. Lack of ambition is not punished.

ConsThis particular division of the company is relatively new, so there are some procedures in place that are simply cumbersome and time consuming. We must report all our activities throughout the day.

Some managers play favorites and some coworkers play office politics.

There are uniforms which consist of black dickies pants, black shoes, and a provided polo.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!