Compex Reviews

Arvind Korde

1. Just a stepping stone, dont make a career of it

Current Employee - Expediter in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Expediter in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Compex

Pros

Laid back, you get an hour lunch, over time is available sometimes, benefits are available but not really worth having

Cons

No room for growth, management will lie right to your face

Advice to Management

To be honest with employees and allow them room for growth

2. Dead End Job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I worked at Compex (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers, okay as stepping stone or temporary job.

Cons

Very limited growth and learning opportunities; unclear instructions and guidance.

3. If You Want A Good Sales Executive Position, Look Elsewhere!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Compex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Expense allowance to spend on clients; reimbursed travel within territory

Cons

Sales Manager warned me she was tough, but she didn't say she was mean! She worked the sales team to the bone, had unrealistic expectations, and treated us like children(mico-managed). Very demeaning and unappreciative of hard work because we couldn't meet her expectations, which seemed to change by the day. My co-worker would get panic attacks every night but was afraid to speak up because she thought she'd be fired. When I brought the problem to upper management, they didn't seem to care; in fact, they admitted that she didn't like to manage people but they had no one else qualified! I was also told there was a lot of potential for my territory when they obviously had done no research before they came to that conclusion. I was sold a bill of goods.

Advice to Management

Don't hire sales professionals for a new territory without a plan. Flying by the seat of your pants doesn't work, and it's not fair to those you hire.

Dumb Management

Former Employee - Court Reporting Assistant in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Court Reporting Assistant in Torrance, CA

I worked at Compex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekends and almost all holidays off. The people I worked with in my department were very great and nice, I got along with all of them. Pay is OK is your looking for a better opportunity while working there.

Cons

Upper management has no clue what they are doing with this company, even though I worked for the department that brought in the most revenue and carried the entire company, they never bothered to properly train their sales staff on our services, therefore our department got slow and their policy was last person in the door is the first person out. CEO of this company does not acknowledge you at all unless your someone who kisses is you know what. The only people that move up in this company are either friends or family of upper management, when a new position does open that some current employees might have the skills to fill, they wont notify anyone but instead bring in a new person to fill it, and most of the time its a family member.

Advice to Management

Replace everyone in upper management and bring in people that listen to employee ideas.

6. Over okay, but not what i am looking for as a company.

Current Contractor - Accounts Receivable Adminustrator in Torrance, CA
    Current Contractor - Accounts Receivable Adminustrator in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Compex as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Its good environment, employees are all friendly.

Cons

Daily challenges to achieve to collect thousands of dollars.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately no room for growth.

7. If you can work elsewhere, do

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Compex

Pros

Experience in the litigation support industry...other than that, there's no reason to work for them.

Cons

Greedy, incompetence rewarded, management seems very old-school. I really think I have never worked where syncophantic, irrational behavior was rewarded, and intelligent, thoughtful, hard-working employees were ignored. It was much like high school in many ways. I also found lots of sexism, ridiculous office politics, incredible cheapness. There was no one in management that I respected, and it was a happy day indeed when I left Compex for the last time. I got in trouble there because I, a manager, stapled poorly. This apparently was an important value to the company.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your humanity. Hard to know what to say.

The place will suck your soul away before you realize what is happening to you

I worked at Compex

Pros

If you need a paycheck while you are looking for something else...it's a job

Cons

No training...you either learn it yourself or you don't learn it. Managment doesn't care who you are or how well you work. It's just all about the money. Poor performance is treated as well as excellent performance. There is no accountablility.

Advice to Management

Listen to and care about your good employees...if it wasn't for them you wouldn't be in business!!

RSS Feed </> Embed