Complete Solar

4.5

Will Anderson

Amazing job!

I have been working at Complete Solar

Pros

The ability to make a difference in peoples lives helping save them thousands of dollars and creating a better future for our children. The money is incredible here complete but the value added to customers is even better!

Cons

Growing pains of a company on the move

I've emailed plenty

A pleasant deviation from the culture most commonly found in a solar company.

Current Employee - Area Manager in Chino Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Chino Hills, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The owners and executives of this company come from a variety of technical industries where they've become respected and proven figures in those previous fields. This creates an environment and culture that cannot be matched in the solar industry. With a proprietary software (Helioquote™), a solar rep can assess a homes needs, design the optimal solution for that homeowner and generate an agreement, all within a matter of minutes. Allowing for quicker processing for the consumer and quicker payment for the solar expert. As one of only a handful of Diamond Certified solar companies, customers (and solar experts alike) take solace in knowing they are dealing with (or working for) a respected and professional company.

Cons

Not much to say here, in any company were exponential growth occurs you will experience aches and pains along the way. As long as you put in the time (like anything in this world), you will have a company whose leaders along with proprietary softwares and training programs, will be there to enable you to be very successful, as we have seen with numerous solar experts.

Communication leads to community.

Great Company to work for! Expanding and Growing

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Since i have been employed by Complete Solar, I have seen quite a few, notable, things. Any great company starts with, equally, great leadership at the top, and will have a natural, "trickle down effect." I have had the unique opportunity to have been employed by some great companies and visionaries in this space, i.e., SolarCity and Vivint Solar, and i can attest to the fact that even though this company may not be the largest in size, it more than makes up for this in vision, follow through, and integrity. I have read some of the more negative reviews and have to completely disagree with them. I have a number of years in the door-to-door market, and have seen just about everything you can imagine when it comes to sales trainings, management, ownership, and above all, integrity. This is an integrable company, hands down.

There is never a way to please everyone, and anyone who is searching for complete satisfaction, need look no further, at any company, for that matter. They don't exist. Companies that give hand outs, in my experience, usually do not stand the test of time. It's naive to think this would even be possible, and borders on selfish. In all my experience, there are always those who chose to complain and add to the problems, rather that create solutions. It's unfortunate, but also necessary. Great leaders, and companies, know how to use any criticisms and turn them into strategic learning advantages. There have been plenty of mistakes made by a great number of excellent companies, out there. Good companies know there is always room for improvement. Complete is the EPITOME of that philosophy. They really do train and educate in the, "Complete" fashion, and it transcends throughout the company. I have learned a great deal, since i have been a part of this company, and i'm looking forward to learning a lot more.

There is much room for improvement, and the fact that this company has its ear to its employees, makes them stand out, in an otherwise abundant field of employment opportunities, within this space.

I feel its the next up and coming company to watch, and am honored to be a part of it.

Lets keep changing the world, one roof top at a time!

Cons

I'd like to grow faster. The powers that be, are wiser than I.

Lets keep moving forward. Nothing is going to stand in the way.

Fun and exciting Solar company. Word hard, play hard culture.

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a company filled with ambitious, hard working, young professionals who are looking to take the company to new heights. Management is very supportive and very much in tune with what is going on with it's employees. All in all it's a great place to work and I could not be happier with my experience.

Cons

Not much to say here. I wish some of the older Solar Expert's in certain offices got more training so that everyone is working on the same page - but this largely due to the fact that the company is growing so fast and trying to keep up can be difficult.

Management is very supportive and very much in tune with what is going on with it's employees. As with any company, there are some hiccups but nothing too major. As the company grows, I'd like to see more emphasis on training and building out HelioQuote to a fully polished software with no kinks.

Worked here for 4 months as an intern

Current Employee - Project Management Intern in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Project Management Intern in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I was constantly surrounded around smart people that have a lot of drive and did some exciting projects for my internship. The company is definitely doing better and better each year, tons of growth since when I first started. I love what they do and the office location.

Cons

Management isn't very organized and there are really no "perks". The company is growing pretty fast but the office is tiiiiiny.

Be more organized! Have more company outings to build team bonding :)

"Rewarding, challenging, dynamic, unmatched direct sales company with strong vision and leadership"

Current Employee - Management Role in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management Role in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For me, coming from an extensive background in sales in general (over 26 years) it has been nice experiencing the professionalism of the executive team and the leadership that was in place. Then add to that background my relevant experience and extensive, successful direct sales career in solar, and it boils down to this. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to a career in the solar industry. And this is why...I was a pioneer in establishing the first waves and bringing the swiftest, most effective direct sales force that the solar industry has ever seen. It is the sales model all leading solar companies use and the others are either trying to build or wish they had. I have also sat and discussed one on one with Lyndon Rive who presented their plans on building a direct sales force due to the massive success of what we were doing as a competitor in the residential arena, before I came to Complete Solar. I have many friends within the top solar companies. I know Complete's competition. I know what they are paid, what they have to do in the sales cycle and their leadership well. I explain this because I want to express not only that I have made a choice to be where I am today, but when I see guys in the solar sales industry fail it's typically because they can't transition into a consultative sales expert role. They try too hard to sell someone and get frustrated when that doesn't work here. I also explain this because if you are reading this and have interest in "getting in" solar, you need to know Complete offers the best of the best. I would recommend to those looking at this company to find out what it is truly about and how rewarding it can be to them. Complete can fulfill the needs of the customers more than any other company.

Cons

Like all highly rewarding jobs this was a difficult challenge at first from a sales perspective. There are critical skill sets to develop as a Solar Expert concerning Complete's processes' and tools. The training is first class rated. I've seen industry veterans tell me they were never taught things that they learned in Complete's training. How do you talk to a home owner with confidence if you can't answer all their questions or don't know exactly what you are doing?

Training wasn't perfect across the entire company a year ago but massive improvements have taken place and Complete has standardized the process with a required training program that has proven effective in getting reps started.

Keep refining the processes. Continue our goals of building opportunities for career growth in our sales force. Continue to improve on relative communication channels throughout the company.

Great market, excellent employer

Current Employee - Corporate Office in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (less than a year)

Pros

What most impressed me with this company when I first started working was the focus placed on sales. What continues to impress me is that this is a "sales first" company. I have worked for other companies where the back-office Operations team throttled sales flow because they were either not capable or not interested in changing operations to facilitate maximum sales volume. In this company, the "dog wags the tail" and management works hard to improve process and to address areas that are problematic for the sales rep. This seems like a great recipe for getting it right and further demonstrates the company's dedication to the hard-working sale reps.

Cons

The company is still young in certain areas of its sales-process development and, consequently, there have been some headaches and challenges to sales reps. and operations alike. As the company grows, these process hot spots have been more quickly addressed and remedied, so hopefully Complete Solar continues its current growth trajectory.

Great Company with a bright future!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers that strive for the best quality of work and service! Very competitive pay and great benefit options. Company recognizes talent and work ethic and works to make sure it is utilized and rewarded. Amazing growth opportunities.

Cons

Company is rapidly growing so things are constantly changing. Great if you're adaptable and like contributing to help improve, but there are always growing pains accompanied with growth.

Grow at a sustainable, appropriate rate.

Forward Thinking Company

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, solar is a fast growing industry these days so there is opportunity to grow and advance with the company. It's an exciting industry to be a part of as we are working towards making changes that will affect this planet in a positive way many years after we are gone.
    I have received everything I was promised when I was first hired and in a timely manner.

Cons

Communication between certain channels could possibly be better.

A solar company that actually installs?

Current Employee - National Director of Field Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - National Director of Field Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (less than a year)

Pros

#1 problem in Solar Sales...NO INSTALLS!
    Most companies say "Cheap price! Cheap panels! Sell, sell sell!...and, in the end, NO install? Which = NO $$
    NOT HERE!
    Good pricing! The BEST panels and some of the fastest installs in the entire solar industry! Here the Solar Expert benefits from some of the highest pay in the industry and most control over the entire process! Here we develop true professionals!

Cons

Be willing to work hard, take direction and become an expert in solar. This is not for everyone!

Complete Solar Photos

Complete Solar Magic in Action!

+ Add Photo