Complete Staffing Solutions

Reset
1.4
Jessica Volpe
1 Rating

1. Nice people, small company environment that's growing, but stuck in the 1990s

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Complete Staffing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not a sweatshot like other big recruiting firms- upper management does not yell or really pressure employees Decent hours, formally 8-5:30- they don't push working till 7 or 8 as some sweatshot staffing firms do Very high commission split

Cons

Technology stuck in the early '90s- unbelievably, there's still no company databse for either candidates or clients- completely unheard of Old school cold call and leave enthusiastic voicemail style of business development- nothing modern Very transactional- they don't really build client relationships, so they're constantly calling for new business Low income potential as a result of all these- their top biller makes half or less of what a top biller would at a national firm, and everyone below him makes much less

Advice to Management

Try investing in a candidate database- they were first commercially available in the late 90s- the technology you're using now is the equivalent of a typewriter Build better relationships with your clients, so there's not a list of 200 companies that 'sure, we did a deal with them once, lost track after that' Better training for new recruiters

2. Good for 'bridge' jobs

Former Employee - Contractor
    Former Employee - Contractor

I worked at Complete Staffing Solutions

Pros

The staff is really friendly in the beginning and there are a lot of opportunities available for contractors. The application process is pretty simple and straight forward as well.

Cons

The contracts that I was offered were really low paying. Once I found a suitable position, my recruiter seemed to disappear. Any time I asked a question to my recruiter, I never heard a response. I had to begin withholding my time sheets so she was forced to contact me! That's crazy!

Advice to Management

Remove the "butts in seats" attitude for contractors and clients. Begin to nurture the relationships with your contractors so they want to continue working with you for future opportunities.

3. Discussed and lied to

I have been working at Complete Staffing Solutions

Pros

I can not think of any pros for this company they should not get away with lying to people. This is just not wright

Cons

I first got a call for a job sounded wonderful they were very nice said they would get you so much $ an hour then send you your job start info email with less$ then they quoted you. You call to complain and they say they never quoted you that. If I didn't need the job I would have told them to blank off. They real you in and lie just to place you. BEWARE Just an FYI make sure you have a paper trail for everything that is said. .

Advice to Management

Hire real people not liars

5. Could be better.

Former Contractor - Employee
    Former Contractor - Employee

I worked at Complete Staffing Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiters are nice and friendly. Great to work with in the beginning.

Cons

Although the recruiters were friendly, they were very slow to follow up or to respond when you reach out to them. They only call you once in a while or when it benefits them. Also, when I called to talk to my recruiter a few times, she wasn't there and they kept telling me that she would call me back...she never did. I got a call back from a different recruiter a couple of months later saying that my old recruiter had moved into a different position and that she was taking over as my new recruiter...by this time I didn't need their help anymore. I worked for them for a couple of short term assignments.

Advice to Management

Better recruiters.

6. Grateful for the experience of what NOT to do.

Former Employee - Staffing/Search Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Staffing/Search Consultant in Waltham, MA

I worked at Complete Staffing Solutions

Pros

Flexible Work Schedule Self-accountability This is a firm that caters to well-established staffing professionals; if you've been around the block and have had some success, you can further develop it here.

Cons

ZERO Guidance Sink-or-Swim Environment ENTIRELY Commission-Based If you have trouble grasping biotech concepts or have issues with relatability, you're in trouble. No support from account managers OR senior recruiters.

Unreliable company, made empty promises that I would become permanent at my assignment within 3 months- leaving after 9

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Complete Staffing Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Hopeful beginnings Negotiated somewhat higher pay

Cons

unreliable, unaware, empty promises, disorganized

Advice to Management

Unreliable- when I asked my agency rep to look into certain questions I had she did not follow up Unaware- my agent asked me if the company I worked for had made me permanent yet- clearly not as the temp agency was still paying me- bad communication between temp agency and client company Empty promise that assignment would be temp to perm "guaranteed after three months"- have been at assignment with nine and seen no hope of permanency Two other people at my assignment went through the same agency and have different pay and different processes in regards to time cards, etc- there is no set standard for organization

Great first impression, horrilble follow through

Former Contractor - Contracted Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Contractor - Contracted Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Complete Staffing Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Received many calls for potential interviews immediately, the girl I worked with was enthusiastic about my qualifications and made me feel at ease.

Cons

Sketchy office(in Boston location) that looked borderline abandonded, recruiter was dressed more for a night out than a day in the office, communication took a nosedive after about 3 weeks and they said for me to follow up everyweek otherwise I would get moved to the bottom of the pile. Once employeed I received rude, short, and unprofessional calls/e-mails about them not receiving my (faxed..antiquated much?) time sheet. Expected me to fax my social over to them multiple times..no thanks. Continued to receive emails and calls after being taken on with the company I was placed with about my timecard even after informing them I was no longer under CSS employment.

Advice to Management

Employees should be trained to be professional from the way the present themselves through to the way they conduct their relationships with their clients.

9. Build You Up

Former Employee - Customer Service in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Worcester, MA

I worked at Complete Staffing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kind, respectful, insightful placement agents who will work with you to build you up. I went in with zero professional environment experience and they showed me the way. If something didn't work out, they didn't give up, they just tried me at something different.

Cons

Sometimes you'd get cut from an assignment on a day's notice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed