Comprehensive Kids Developmental School

CEO

Nice place to work at

Current Employee - Therapist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Therapist in New York, NY

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The school cares deeply about the children; there are beautiful facilities and competent loving educational staff. The administrators have a vision of how to build such a wonderful school. The high-tech facility includes iPads, smart boards, smart tables, snoozelyn room and a state of the art sensory room. The President of the school has done an amazing job and has had the vision to create it in such a short period of time. I am proud to work at CKDS knowing that we provide children of all ethnic cultures throughout the five boroughs an excellent educational curriculum that produces great results.

Cons

Company only pays 50% of health benefits
    More staff training

Keep up the good work

DO NOT WORK HERE AT ANY COST!!!!!

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are great. A really great bunch of people. We had to help each other from having a nervous breakdown smh.

Cons

30 min lunch. race and gender discrimination. Very disorganized. People have worked there 14 years with no raise! He holds your pay. most of all you will do wayyyyy more that what you are payed for. no "good job" or any acknowlegement. you get yelled at. Called names and you even hear arguments in the conference room. no organization. Very cheap office supplies you have to sign for. No respect for people. no career advancement. complete departments turn over in one month. special treatment. its a dead end job. if you are looking for career advancment, look elsewhere

GET RID OF CEO! People should not get perks based on if your are having relations with them or not.

DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Run! Run! Run!....as fast as you can....

I worked at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School

Pros

Great location and train is on the corner of the office. There are no other Pros in working here. It's a disaster.

Cons

Not even sure where to begin. The owner is seriously delusional when it comes to his business. He blames every single person in the company for his business failing instead of recognizing he is the one to blame. He is always yelling and screaming at everyone for them " not Doing their job" when in fact everyone in this office bust their humps to get the job done. He is only money hungry and could care less how hard anyone works. Never a thank you or any type of appreciation. Nobody is of value to him. Always something negative. Therapist, teachers, evaluators, teachers assistants, etc do not get paid on time. It's just an utter mess and disgrace. Stay away and save urself. Find a place to work where you will be valued for your hard work.

Just shut the place down. You have no business being a business owner and you have ruined your own company. Find a hobby.

One of the worst places to work or send your children.

Current Employee - Paraprofessional/TA in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional/TA in New York, NY

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros. I don't recommend that anyone works here nor do I recommend anyone sending your child there, This place is a business driven organization, it has nothing to do with educating children.

Cons

Where shall I begin? You are not guaranteed to get paid, receiving pay that you have earned is a hit or miss, many of the staff members have no business in education and it is headed by a tyrant who wants people to kiss his booty. There is minimal opportunities for growth, little to no staff development, people are treated as if they are disposable and there is no consistency. Not a place where children or staff can flourish.

Get rid of the president. It all begins with him.

The worst school ever.

Former Employee - Paraprofessional/TA in New York, NY

I worked at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Convenience to subway.Get out early.
    See from the inside how this company work's.

Cons

This company treats their paraprofessional and teachers like crop.No respect,very pregidist against black people.They are now trying to incorporate black worker in their work place.Spanish workers that cannot even speak proper english to kids are being promoted simply because the boss is with one of them.The children are not well kept and caref for.The boss only care about making more money,theirs never enough supplies inside classrooms for learning.Parents please take your children out of this place.It's a train reck ,the staff have to pretend that every thing is ok to impress the parents.

You people need to treat employees and children with respect.Cut checks on time.Give qualified workers promotions and not by favoritism.Sicking.

One of the most dysfunctional places that I have ever worked. Owner is a psycho

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Finding another job and getting out of there

Cons

Employees very often do not receive their pay checks on pay day. Lots of verbal abuse and cursing.

The company is run by it's owner.

Comprehensive Kids Review

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School

Pros

Excellent benefits. I am amazed at how the company treats their employees by having given their full time staff full benefits. Also they have contributed very generously towards their 403B pension plan for the past two years. The company is very accommodating with vacation and personal time off. The company cares a lot about the children both in the center based and SEIT programs. I am privileged to work for this company and I am amazed at how it can still survive and the tremendous amount of growth it has had in today's economy and especially with what is going on with the Department of Education

Cons

There is no Comprehensive Kids Uptown.

Keep on doing what you are doing and don't let the negativity bring you down.

Hell Hole..Run In The Opposite Direction

Former Employee - Paraprofessional/TA in New York, NY

I worked at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the people working there are really nice. They are helpful when not busy trying to stab you in the back.
    Just so they can gossip with and suck up to management.
    It's close to trains and the hours are good for students in college. Therapists are really nice.

Cons

Not being paid on time with no apologies.
    No integrity.
    No benefits for Paraprofessionals.
    Cheap benefits for TA, Teachers and Therapists.
    Most of the time supplies are low so you have to pay out of pocket.
    You'll turn old waiting on a raise or bonuses.
    Your efforts and good work will never be acknowledge.
    Some of the teachers are really shady. They'll say you're doing great to your face and talk badly behind your back to get rid of you.
    Most of the time kids don't get enough snacks because management won't provide enough.
    If the owner is mad at you for speaking the truth you will be fired and/or hours cut.
    Paraprofessionals are treated like nobodies. You're pretty much to shut up and do tour work. They are not even trained or invited to Staff development.
    Honestly, save yourself the head ache and not work here! Take another opportunity. I wish I had read reviews online before working here. I'll never forget when we were not paid for a month and it was blamed on hurricane Sandy. Complete and utter bull. And, when we weren't paid and was sent an email to make necessary arrangements. If you're okay playing games with management and not getting paid. Then go ahead. And last all the classes are overcrowded and small. There are about 12-13 kids in a class along with 8-9 adults.

It's a hell hole. Don't work here!

Train staffs, pay them on time, provide supplies and stop intimidating workers.
    Show some appreciation for workers. Give incentive bonuses or even a raise.

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK... no integrity, no ethics and no recognition

I worked at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time

Pros

Co-Workers are awesome, they are some of the coolest people that you will get along with.

Good hours, and near a subway station.

Cons

High turnover rate! You paychecks are late, and most people that are afraid of being fired that the "ethics" have gone straight out of the window. There is no organization and middle management is left to do all of the work while upper management stabs you behind your back.

New CEO, new upper management

school of no leadership and quality

Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

Pros

school is in fairly good location

Cons

Director is only terrified of not getting fired. Therefore, she is paranoid about all regulations of which are not properly adhered. Therapists work with children one on one and do whatever they want and don't follow IEP's. Director is not familiar with curriculum development for Special Needs children. She does not know what'son the IEP's for these children. I't all a facade! There are better quality schools for Special Needs children who deserve much better than just a show of care!

Get a new Director who is knowledgeable and not just talk!