Comprehensive Kids Developmental School

1.5

CEO

Comprehensive Kids Review

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School

Pros

Excellent benefits. I am amazed at how the company treats their employees by having given their full time staff full benefits. Also they have contributed very generously towards their 403B pension plan for the past two years. The company is very accommodating with vacation and personal time off. The company cares a lot about the children both in the center based and SEIT programs. I am privileged to work for this company and I am amazed at how it can still survive and the tremendous amount of growth it has had in today's economy and especially with what is going on with the Department of Education

Cons

There is no Comprehensive Kids Uptown.

Keep on doing what you are doing and don't let the negativity bring you down.

One of the most dysfunctional places that I have ever worked. Owner is a psycho

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time for less than a year

Pros

Finding another job and getting out of there

Cons

Employees very often do not receive their pay checks on pay day. Lots of verbal abuse and cursing.

The company is run by it's owner.

Hell Hole..Run In The Opposite Direction

Former Employee - Paraprofessional/TA  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Paraprofessional/TA in New York, NY

I worked at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people working there are really nice. They are helpful when not busy trying to stab you in the back.
    Just so they can gossip with and suck up to management.
    It's close to trains and the hours are good for students in college. Therapists are really nice.

Cons

Not being paid on time with no apologies.
    No integrity.
    No benefits for Paraprofessionals.
    Cheap benefits for TA, Teachers and Therapists.
    Most of the time supplies are low so you have to pay out of pocket.
    You'll turn old waiting on a raise or bonuses.
    Your efforts and good work will never be acknowledge.
    Some of the teachers are really shady. They'll say you're doing great to your face and talk badly behind your back to get rid of you.
    Most of the time kids don't get enough snacks because management won't provide enough.
    If the owner is mad at you for speaking the truth you will be fired and/or hours cut.
    Paraprofessionals are treated like nobodies. You're pretty much to shut up and do tour work. They are not even trained or invited to Staff development.
    Honestly, save yourself the head ache and not work here! Take another opportunity. I wish I had read reviews online before working here. I'll never forget when we were not paid for a month and it was blamed on hurricane Sandy. Complete and utter bull. And, when we weren't paid and was sent an email to make necessary arrangements. If you're okay playing games with management and not getting paid. Then go ahead. And last all the classes are overcrowded and small. There are about 12-13 kids in a class along with 8-9 adults.

It's a hell hole. Don't work here!

Train staffs, pay them on time, provide supplies and stop intimidating workers.
    Show some appreciation for workers. Give incentive bonuses or even a raise.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK... no integrity, no ethics and no recognition

I worked at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time

Pros

Co-Workers are awesome, they are some of the coolest people that you will get along with.

Good hours, and near a subway station.

Cons

High turnover rate! You paychecks are late, and most people that are afraid of being fired that the "ethics" have gone straight out of the window. There is no organization and middle management is left to do all of the work while upper management stabs you behind your back.

New CEO, new upper management

school of no leadership and quality

Current Employee - Teacher  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time for more than a year

Pros

school is in fairly good location

Cons

Director is only terrified of not getting fired. Therefore, she is paranoid about all regulations of which are not properly adhered. Therapists work with children one on one and do whatever they want and don't follow IEP's. Director is not familiar with curriculum development for Special Needs children. She does not know what'son the IEP's for these children. I't all a facade! There are better quality schools for Special Needs children who deserve much better than just a show of care!

Get a new Director who is knowledgeable and not just talk!

beware of SEIT Dirctor

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School

Pros

it is near the subway

Cons

SEIT Director is known in ED circles as running the company not the CEO. This Director is not knowledeable about the basics. He can not even write an evaluation. Moreover, he is very unprofessional and gets way with it with this CEO. He is paranoid about losing his easy high paying job. He will constantly ask some employees to ask you if you like him and your job. If you don't show him , you love him, he'll make your job miserable. Moreove, DOE people don't like or respect him. Hence, we lose a lot of buisness.

Get a new SEIT Director who is respected with the DOE and can get you more buisness. He can get you in trouble...

Good luck getting paid here

I have been working at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours are reasonable and location is good, right next to subway

Cons

There are lots of issues with payroll as someone else stated in one of their reviews. Payroll is late, checks bounce, checks getting "lost in the mail". Please save yourself the headache and DO NOT work here unless you can afford not having a realiable paycheck. There is a very high turnover rate. Your work is not recognized and raises are rare.

Pay your employees on time!!!!!!!

Worst Company Ever

I worked at Comprehensive Kids Developmental School full-time

Pros

The company does offer free health insurance to its school employees but it is the most basic insurance out there. And it's only free for the employee not spouses and children.

Cons

This company aka its ceo/owner degards all its workers and yet expects them to offer excellent customer service. Management never responds to emails, only when yelled at by ceo does management offer help. Large amounts of work and responsibilities are placed on the base employees like assistants instead of on management. And these employees are not given the necessary tools and help needed to do their job effectively. Do not always expect to get paid on time, your check will probably bounce and expect to fight over paid time off.

Get a new ceo/owner.

Worked for Comprehensive Kids Developmental School? Contribute to the Community!