CompuCom Reviews

James W. Dixon

1. A solid company, a solid place to work

Current Employee - Senior National Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior National Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great tools for advancement
    - Great work life balance
    - Tons of opportunities

Cons

- No free money, no cons that I know

Corporate influences disrupted the workplace.

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and good coworkers, but managers are just there to please the upper management, and nobody else.

Cons

Corporate influences disrupted the workplace. Always worried about corporate rules coming out of left field that would impact your job security. No room for advancement.

Let the people who do the work do it the right way.

Very disappointing......but if your looking for an entry level position you may want to consider CompuCom

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance & benefits

Cons

No performance reviews, a lot of turnover, management shows favoritism, quality employees leave and work for competition or our clients. Lack of training, company doesn't invest in their employees and treats everyone as they are replaceable

Maybe if you treated employees better we wouldn't have such a bad reputation

Reasonable stop gap

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good network of connections, worked hard to find placements. Opportunities for junior-level folks are abundant.

Cons

Not great at understanding my skill set, tended to get placed where my skills were underused. Didn't manage to find a career-oriented placement though.

6. Company

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Team Work, encouraging recruiters to work together

Cons

There is no downside to the compnay

Nothing to add as there are on the right track

7. Compucom—A Great Experience.

Current Employee - Recruiting Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I recently finished my Master’s degree from Tennessee Tech University. All of my life was spent in the south, specifically, the south eastern region of the United States. Tennessee was home, but life ventured down to the retirement villages of Florida, then northwest from Florida, to the taste of Georgia’s soft shell pecans. Life also hailed from the coastal region of North Carolina’s Elizabeth City, to Charleston South Carolina’s Gullah people. Lastly, in the summer, I still wore jeans in the Mississippi Delta where Mosquitos bit’ free.
                    I desired and yearned for a new environment outside of my commonplace. I soon found myself packing up my little Mazda truck to drive across the beautiful country that we now call America, arriving in the great state of Washington. I wish I could tell you more about this beautiful journey, but the best has yet to be said.
                    Upon arrival, I needed to find employment, and after researching the area I noticed that my goals and previous skills aligned with Compucom’s business. I met the leadership in Washington and learned that they honestly had a Win-Win view about business and life’s scenes, so I asked to join them in their pursuit of excellence. I feel as though I was welcomed with open arms. Though my service with Compucom has been only a year, I feel as though I continue to embrace merriment in a creative, energetic, solution oriented environment.
                     In the view of “We Know IT,” Compucom provides services in End-User Computing, Cloud, Mobility, Hardware and Software, and IT Workforce Solutions. We are a “One Stop Shop” for Information Technology! I am proud to be a part this great company and look forward to continuing professional and personal development.

Cons

As of current, my mind is free from negative constraints.

Continue to be great problem solvers. (To be or not to be)

8. A Fun and Rewarding Environment to work

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work for those who have a passion about working in Recruiting and Information Technology. Compucom works with some of the biggest technology companies in the world. This is great for people who are actively looking for work because these companies always have openings because of growth and they pay their contractors very well. The culture of Compucom is one that is fun, rewarding, and challenging. You have a team lead and a great group of colleagues who will help you along the way. When you begin training, you are paired up with veterans who will show you the tips and tricks of what makes them successful. There are very little meetings you need to attend weekly so you have a good amount of time to spend on the phone networking and connecting with candidates. Compucom gives you all of the tools to be successful as a Recruiter. They even have an HR team and Resource Management team so you are the front line and don't have to work a full desk. The team atmosphere is great as people really enjoy what they do and they celebrate successes. No one is intimidating in the office as open dialogue is encouraged.

If you are looking for work in IT, odds are there is a position that matches what you are looking for. The companies are respected clients and contractors are eligible for benefits from day one if they choose so and can get a free Orca card in the Seattle area which is pretty cool.

If you like a good work atmosphere, a good challenge, good food, good people and good clients to put people to work at, then Compucom is a good choice.

I can honestly go home at the end of the day and say I made a difference and that is what matters most.

Cons

Like any company, there can be office drama sometimes. Tune yourself out of it and you will be fine.

Thanks for listening and always having an open door policy. It helps people feel better about what they do.

Decent enough contracting firm

Former Contractor - User Experience Researcher in Bellevue, WA
    Former Contractor - User Experience Researcher in Bellevue, WA

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor

Pros

Will try like heck to get you a contract, then mostly leave you alone. They seem to have a decent amount of contracts and work pretty hard to fill them.
    Very friendly recruiters.
    Nice managers.
    Decent benefits and very flexible configurations of said benefits.

Cons

Salary doesn't seem as high as market, but that might have just been poor negotiation on my part.
    Communication with manager sparse (but that can be okay depending on your comfort level)
    Kind of high-pressure as far as taking a contract but will back off if requested

Reach out occasionally and send a holiday card or something. Or maybe even a holiday party.

10. Great Place to Expand Your Career with Opportunities to Succeed!

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

CompuCom gives you autonomy to do your best without much mico-management. There is great support from management to help any and all individuals succeed if they want to succeed. My managers are very approachable and real, which I really appreciate.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to working at CompuCom other than the occasional co-worker who doesn't give their full potential, but what company doesn't have at least one? CompuCom treats their employees well and offers flexibility and support.

My advice would be to continue to allow flexibility and autonomy to the employees who continue to meet or exceed expectations/goals. The incentive plans are definitely a nice plus and give extra motivation to want to work hard.

Good agency to work for

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Awesome, transparent, easily approachable management. Really nice folks, even the CEO was really friendly and seemed very down to earth
    - Solid commission plan
    - Felt that the company genuinely cared about their employees. Were very understanding when I needed to take medical leave and was supportive of others too (other medical issues, maternity, needing to take extended leave due to a sick family member, etc)

Cons

- Poor account management. Would often bring in job orders that were unfillable/poorly qualified, which would result in a lot of wasted time by the recruiting team
    - They made some changes in the commission plan during the recession that hurt team morale, but their logic was to avoid layoffs, so I guess

Spend more time developing the account management team.