CompuCom

Updated June 26, 2014
2.7

CompuCom President and CEO James W. Dixon
James W. Dixon

Pros
  • They do have a good work life balance and it is a pretty laid back atmosphere (in 15 reviews)

• The ability to work from home (if you are in the right department (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No annual raises or cost of living allowance for 5 years and counting, period (in 19 reviews)

• Salary doesn't match market value and no raises in the last 5 years (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Find another job

Former Employee - Field Technician in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Cleveland, OH

I worked at CompuCom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home that is all I can think of

Cons

The management will expect you to work 24/7
    Very little support from other technicians
    Putting at least 200 miles on you car a day

Realize people do have a personal life and cannot be dedicated 24/7 to your cause .

I have worked 2 jobs for this company and both were a logistical nightmare.

Former Employee - PC Technician in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - PC Technician in Cleveland, OH

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you like being frustrated,overworked, underpaid and under appreciated and enjoy working on jobs with little supervision or no planning and Management does not seem to care then this job is right for you.

Cons

First I worked with Compucom on a bank project, , Instead of having a experiened technician to lead us, we all took turns being lead persons. Then the imaging software never worked so of the user's data never copied over and tech support you would call in and leave a voice message and they would call you back. We spent more time fillling out paperwork then what we did setting up computers. The second job I had to work was doing inventory on printers I was told that this job would only take a week ,the building was about the size of an aircraft hanger bay (2,500 square feet) It took a lot longer than a week and I was terminated by the because I could not inventory 20 printers in a day, how could you with all of the paperwork and procedures that you had to do before you could move on to the next printer and with such a large area to cover as well?

The CEO and the Management staff have unrealistic job expectations and do litle or no planning on these jobs. Someone thought that we could inventory printers in a week at a office building were we had a lot of ground to cover a building the size of an Aircraft Hanger Bay with 3-4 office floors and 2 other buildings. On the bank project, we did not have enough people to do the project and no Lead Techncian to lead us.