CompuCom

CompuCom Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

CompuCom President and CEO James W. Dixon

James W. Dixon

Pros
  • They do have a good work life balance and it is a pretty laid back atmosphere(in 14 reviews)

• The ability to work from home (if you are in the right department(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No annual raises or cost of living allowance for 5 years and counting, period(in 17 reviews)

• Salary doesn't match market value and no raises in the last 5 years(in 28 reviews)

Not as good as it used to be...

ProsI have been with Compucom over 10 years. In the beginning, the environment was totally different than it is now, as I'm sure it is with a lot of companies. I was able to gain several skills through work experience and training.

ConsNo raises for the past several years, increased workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale is probably at an all time low, just from what I've heard, and I've been here more than 10 years.

What I started with here left the building

Programming Analyst (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsMassive experience booster with respect to learning .NET technologies and getting used to a software development cycle. Given the pace at which things move in this place, you learn really fast. Succeed and fail fast, as it were.

ConsThe biggest kill for me is the volatile hours. Given that during my time I've moved from an office setting to a strict work from home style, it feels almost implied that you have to be wired up and ready to go 24/7.

That being said, having gone from seeing people and having a good level of camaraderie to being locked down in a house or coffee shop has really put a hamper on morale. This change happened with the change in upper management. It feel like we're all numbers now and it's quite depressing. I don't think I'd stick around much longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have some really good talent under your command. They are valuable people and work incredibly hard to deliver top notch results. Treat them like human beings with some dignity. Visit your regional offices, meet with them, shake their hand and offer them some lunch or something. Make it feel like home, because what I started with here from a mentorship and culture perspective is no longer here and it's a crying shame.

Good for experience

ProsGood benefits and experience, hard to get fired

Conslower than average tech pay

Advice to Senior ManagementMore work and lower pay is no one's goal

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent enough

Desktop Support Technician II (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsNo micromanaging. Management helps you with problems when addressed and succeed

ConsSalary doesn't match market value and no raises in the last 5 years.

Ok place to get started in IT, don't plan on career advancement.

Desktop Support Associate (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsIt's a job.
    Plenty of opportunity for training.
    Pays for IT certifications

ConsNo increase in compensation for the past 3 years.
    No advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the free training, now allow your employees to use that training.

Ok place to work, I would work there again ...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) DFW, TX

ProsPay was not too bad in my case.

ConsBeing connected to individual contracts, leaves you exposed to changes in the relationships between companies and their contracts. Just the nature of the business really. Your a fully time contractor.

Advice to Senior ManagementTheir is no sense of connection between company and employees. The only way I knew I worked for them was a pay check every two weeks. Some may like this ...

Pretty good overall. I would work for them again.

User Experience Specialist (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsHiring procedure fast and smooth. Reliable paycheck. Good communication with account manager and recruiter. Health insurance coverage better than some agencies.

ConsThey would not cover my partner on the benefits without meeting several requirements that I have not had to meet at other companies. I don't know anything about the company values or leadership as a contractor.

CompuCom Takes good Care of Employees

Consulting Technical Specialist (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsBenefits and pay are generally best of market. Company has broad resources for employees. Recruiters do a good job of finding the right fit for the employee and the client both.

ConsService level agreements are not always well defined. Reviews are informal and there is no set rate increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries should be re-negotiated each fiscal year for long term assignments.

Good place to work

Configuration Technician (Former Employee) Paulsboro, NJ

ProsBenefits for associates, occasionaly pizza day and hot dog day (every quarter). Often possibility for overtime.

ConsStanding long time on your feet. Somethimes much work for short time and then less work for some periods of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Micro managed to death.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCommute is not too bad. Better than being unemployed.

ConsNo cost of living increases for most who have been here over 5 years.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!