CompuCom Reviews

• Los Angeles, CA
2.8
CompuCom President and CEO James W. Dixon
James W. Dixon

Its a gamble whether you will get whole or half days work.

Current Contractor - PC Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - PC Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CompuCom as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have your own business and can't work full-time, you can accept/decline computer gigs when business is slow or if your if your busy. Also there is opportunity for direct hire. Its money I guess, and they did pay me at least $15-18 an hour, which does sound a lot to someone who makes minimum wage, but with the standard of living so high, now I understand why a lot of people live at home with their parents or have 4 people living in 1 room apartment.

Cons

Sometimes half days work or even 2 hours. I had a gig disconnecting and reconnecting computers for $15 an hour which they said would be a full 8 hour day, turns out that they didn't have that many and the supervisor had to let me go after only 2 hours! Luckily the agency I work for pays 4 hours minimum otherwise I would have been even more angry. Also some of the job titles are a little misleading and when they say its an easy job, it can sometimes be a 50 page document/instruction manual and you have to be on the phone with them for troubleshooting when you have issues.

Advice to Management

Not much advice to give management. They probably have it more hard having to deal with the PC techs and troubleshooting over the phone.

Mostly a waste of my time

Former Employee - Field Services Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Services Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home. Good help from other techs.

Cons

Everything. Horrible management, Low pay. No chance of advancement. Positive reviews are by liars and management whores.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that are keeping this company going. The field techs.

sick and tired of being sick and tried

Former Employee - Field Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

little supervision allows techs to work with customers and solve problems without being
    second guessed

Cons

low pay...company excpects employess to work..off the clock...inventory..calls to customers..
    e-mails...on techs dime

Advice to Management

used to have many good experianced techs...low pay and poor working conditions...
    working on hoidays and weekends..most have moved on dispite the poor economy

Avoid like the plague!

Current Employee - Technical Support Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the IT field door if your just out of school, or in need of a job, but get out as soon as you can!

Cons

Poor pay, no pay increase, very little to no bonuses, HUGE clique within management team.
    Complaints are either ignored, or turned around to be "your fault". Rewards are geared towards closing the most calls, and making SLA's at all costs, not customer service minded. Work load is so large you have to work on your own time, as overtime is forbidden. Mileage compensation is well below federal standards, not to mention they force you to take "commuting mileage" out even though you work from your "home office". Absolutely no incentive to grow as an employee.
    Morale is very low.

Advice to Management

Just remember that your employees are what make your company run. Keep treating them poorly, and once the economy turns around, your going to lose all of your good employees. Quit thinking of your employees as expendable in order to show a short term ROI.