CompuCom

Updated Jan 24, 2014

CompuCom President and CEO James W. Dixon

James W. Dixon

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good benefits, lousy pay increases.

Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe benefits are great for a contracting company. They work hard to keep you working for them when your job changes.

ConsThe company line is that ANY job change is a "lateral move" and not eligible for a pay increase. Salary's have been frozen since 2009. No CoL increases at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to negotiate better rates with employers so they can keep their top talent. Or else you'll just see more and more on-shoring.

Management Incompetent/Scope Creep Rampant

Field Service Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at CompuCom for more than 5 years

ProsCo workers seem to be the only best part of the job

ConsI spent 6 years working for CompuCom, management is bad they lie to you and you don't get paid enough for what you deal with. Was forced to take a pay 25% Pay cut
Poor management. They don't support their employees very well. You have to learn it all on your own, then they blame you if it's not done correctly. Found it hard to not to work extra hours and I never got paid for the hrs I did overtime. I found the area of coverage to work overwhelming. They don't have enough techs to cover all the work they have to do efficiently. I rather flip burgers at McDonald than going back there again. sleazy Unprofessional management

Advice to Senior ManagementDump the low end retail clients and pay the employees what they are work as professionals!

GOC Lead

GOC Lead (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Benifits and you start with three paid weeks off and six paid floating holidays. This company works as a manage service for larger companys, your main focus is on service level agreements, no excuses. They do promote training and certifications, they provide an onsite skill port learning center.

ConsIt is hard to advance from within. To focused on Contract agreements and SLO and not enough on Customer service

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You get what you deserve

Analyst (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits: health, dental, generous PTO, training, tuition reimbursement and more.
It's a large company; you can find your own career path.
What is frustrating when I read the unsatisfied reviews is the sense of entitlement that people have. I have worked for other companies large and small and CompuCom is no different. When you accept the position you accept the terms of that position which includes your pay. If you don’t feel it is what you are worth, negotiate or don’t take the position. The harsh reality for anyone with any company is that you get paid what you agreed to. As far as layoffs and not getting raises, wake up! What companies are giving out raises and not laying off? This is the way of the world in America. There is no loyalty with any company and all companies are profit driven. The company I am assigned to employs 46,000 people and they are laying off their own employees. CompuCom has always been fair and upfront with me. I get paid for the work I do and I am recognized for my efforts that are above and beyond the expectations. If the company isn't making money no one will have a job.

ConsYou need to communicate your needs, no one is going to hold your hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing!

Be careful regarding promises being made.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than a year

ProsThe on boarding process went smoothly. The HR department in charge of setting you up with the company and making sure you aware of company benefits were good.

ConsOnsite management team - at least in Milwaukee - has absolute company approval to treat employees as they wish. I heard more than once - "Legally I do not have to do that". It is a company to consider working for, only if you have no other alternative..

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not rely solely on feedback from managers regarding what is going at vendor sites. Send people, preferably those who understand what confidentiality means, to sites; talk AND LISTEN to employees who are in the trenches doing the work.

Its a paycheck

I have been working at CompuCom

Prosgreat coworkers - not much else to say.

ConsPay, Advancement opportunities. It appearsthey would rather hire someone new than invest in current employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people fairly! We have had a rough time over the past few years. Interesting no raises were given to the boots on the ground, however managers were promoted - If you can't afford to give me a raise why was my manager promoted? Do the right thing and pay people fairly and equally! The employee evaluation system is a joke, this is a great tool to evaluate people - many managers don't know what employees do!

Unfortunate, not given the respect that other professional groups provide, seen as entry-level

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros10 hours a month PTO, Voucher program that can allow for personal growth with certifications although somewhat outdated

ConsOnly appear to be concerned about hard skills, not soft skills in a person. Management does not have a clue as to how to do the work but directs what has to be done without consideration or understanding. Have been told that Compucom is not a respected company, this was "after" I was hired. It could be considered a blemish on my resume. The pay scale for the group is somewhat under average for this position. Many folk believe they are not treated as professionals but entry-level employees even with many years of experience in the IT field.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to implement a performance review from the bottom up where employees can review their managers. Without a way to track management from this direction there is often turnover, dissatisfaction and loss of work.

Probably a good company, just not on the US bank contract!

IT Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at CompuCom

ProsUS bank project
Great team members, an honest attempt at showing moral boost when things started out slowly.
Good amount of knowledge on team, and at times team members stepped up to help work heavy work load.

ConsExtreme lack of direction.
Refusal to actually hear, and I stress again: "Hear" what the technicians need to make
for a more conducive work environment. Processes are extremely hodge podged, and
everything is a complete mess! Techs are expected to clean up mess, adhere to broken
processes, and learn there way through a broken environment, in which we are mostly
in the dark about. 1.5 help, and call coordination help is almost nonexistent do in part to
not enough employees to handle techs on US bank project.

Also forced to work under hostile conditions with US bank IT employees who are
in the process of being laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop for a second, and ask yourselves: Why are we struggling to keep a tight lid on this project? Why is 95% of this contract an absolute nightmare, in which there is demand for overtime, and why everyone is complaining that there jobs are being made to be 10x harder then it needs to be?

Stop micro managing, listen to your techs, and realize that the bottom line are the technicians who are actually out in the field, and dealing with end user's on this project daily. Just sitting there and developing more broken processes are not the answer. Listen, and listen well, or lose this contract.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!

CompuCom Videos

CompuCom – Why Work for Us?

​​ “It’s exciting to work for company that is committed to their employees and clients, encourages continual learning and success and promotes a positive and dynamic working environment.” CompuCom, the leading… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompuCom reviews and ratings in Milwaukee, WI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CompuCom CEO James W. Dixon. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by CompuCom employees.