CompuCom

CompuCom President and CEO James W. Dixon

James W. Dixon

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not Just Sour Grapes

Support Analyst (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsPretty average when it comes to the positives. Always got paid on time and professional development reimbursement plan is fair to midland ($500 per year).

ConsNo feedback from the resource manager, positive OR negative. I had to find out through a former lead years after-the-fact that a previous client manager had been angry about something I had done and was looking to have my contract terminated. Never heard a word from my vendor rep, never was given any feedback for improvement. If your contract IS terminated for a non-obvious reason, do not expect to be given a reason. None of this is very surprising once you know that the sum total of my rep's (who replaced a very competent recruiter one year into my contract) relevant professional experience had been an MBA and a two-year contract as a project manager.

The company has a non-compete clause which could put you out of contract work for six months if they cannot find a placement for you, which is ironic since they will do NOTHING for you after your contract ends except show you the door. Pay rates are very low compared to other contract agencies - they take a huge chunk of your pay and the benefits offered have become almost worthless. No empathy for employees and I felt entirely disposable, like a commodity rather than an employee.

There is absolutely no worthwhile communication after you sign on the dotted line.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your agency temps fairly and with empathy, like people, not products. We are the ones doing the job while you get a chunk of our pay. Act as an advocate for your employees (contractors) instead of for your clients. Encourage the recruiters to make more effort to retain existing contractors. CompuCom takes a sizable percentage of one's hourly rate, so I would expect CompuCom to work a little harder for their money than they are.

Excellent vendor and recruiting follow through

Design Researcher (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsCompuCom has excellent recruiters who follow through on their committments to match positions to experience. The recruiters and managers are proactive in assisting with new positions rather than waiting until the very end of contracts and are also clear communicators

ConsThere appears to be a limited number of positions in local companies and a large pool of candidates with the agency. Insurance benefits are fair at best, though they are available.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek more local companies for collaboration and maket the up-side of having vendors.

CompuCom Takes good Care of Employees

Consulting Technical Specialist (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsBenefits and pay are generally best of market. Company has broad resources for employees. Recruiters do a good job of finding the right fit for the employee and the client both.

ConsService level agreements are not always well defined. Reviews are informal and there is no set rate increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries should be re-negotiated each fiscal year for long term assignments.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Supported me on my contract

STE (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsDedicated contact that worked with me while on project.
    Local company
    Had in-house business as well as contract work.

ConsThere isn't any real Con I can think of, other than my relationship with this company was only necessary to work on the project. There was no long term connection.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been nice to know there was a path beyond the current project. While working here, CompuCom was just the company that paid me while I worked on a project for the client company. I did like having a primary contact that kept in touch with my work at the client. Over-all my experience with this company was good.

CompuCom

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsCompuCom will tend to not expect much from you in terms of meeting with your handler regularly or undergoing evaluations. This was great for a 1 year gig as I preferred to do my work and not be pulled into check-ins or performance reviews with anyone at CompuCom.

ConsCompuCom tends to take a higher percentage of a position's bill rate that other vendor companies. While I preferred the hands off approach of the CompuCom account team it does tend to making you feel like a commodity rather than an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency on bill rate ratios similar to other vendor companies. More of a focus on treating the employees as part of the company.

No opportunity for advancement

Senior Program Manager At Msft (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsGreat way to get a foot in the door and pick up experience as a contractor or vendor at MSFT. They have a good reputation with MSFT managers.

ConsNo opportunity for meaningful pay increase even if you outperform and take on more opportunity. You have to leave your contract and take another to even Keep up with inflation. Pay is lower than other vendor companies. Compucom takes a bigger cut than other companies so they pay less. They will do NOTHING for you between contracts, but will block you from going to another vendor firm.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!

CompuCom Videos

CompuCom – Why Work for Us?

​​ “It’s exciting to work for company that is committed to their employees and clients, encourages continual learning and success and promotes a positive and dynamic working environment.” CompuCom, the leading IT… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompuCom reviews and ratings in Redmond, WA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CompuCom CEO James W. Dixon. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by CompuCom employees.