CompuCom Reviews

Reset
2.6
CompuCom President and CEO James W. Dixon
James W. Dixon

Pros
  • Good work life balance & benefits (in 16 reviews)

• The ability to work from home (if you are in the right department (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There have been no pay raises or cost of living increases for the workers in many, many years (in 19 reviews)

• No raises in over 5 years treated as a non employee but expected to act like an employee (in 31 reviews)

1. CompuCom an IT leader, a choice employer.

Current Employee - Networking Specialist in Tewksbury, MA
    Current Employee - Networking Specialist in Tewksbury, MA

Pros

An industry leader utilizing best technology. Respect and support from management. Great projects and challenges. This is a very results oriented company. An individual can take a front seat if he chooses. I've seen many people advance well within the company. CompuCom is a great place to work, and is a real resume builder too. When asked, I'm proud to say I work for CompuCom.

Cons

There are some cross division politics involved in some aspects of management. Perhaps a bit too much at times. However it does tend to foster competition, ultimately pushing teams further in most cases. Not too much of a negative as politics tend to be the case in many environments.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing lower level managers to make on the ground decisions. Its working well.

Very good, they have all the qualities one would want to work for a company

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Fair compensation, life-work balance, respect, feedback, reward for doing a good job, good benefits, they take care of their own.

Cons

Their pay is fair for the industry. If it was great that would be the only thing I change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3. Very good company to work for. Resourceful in which it supplies you with certification processes and reimburses.

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CompuCom has a very extensive training program which enables certifications and advancement. Has a diverse network of employment opportunities.

Cons

Work load expectations when contracts are not renewed or on the edge, things start to get very unbalanced.

Advice to Management

When hiring personal to a position, area coverage's/expectations: Do not multiply that workload 5 fold over time and then let that person go due to not performing. I worked for this company for 16+ years servicing multiple contracts and was let go.

5. Great Place to Expand Your Career with Opportunities to Succeed!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CompuCom gives you autonomy to do your best without much mico-management. There is great support from management to help any and all individuals succeed if they want to succeed. My managers are very approachable and real, which I really appreciate.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to working at CompuCom other than the occasional co-worker who doesn't give their full potential, but what company doesn't have at least one? CompuCom treats their employees well and offers flexibility and support.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue to allow flexibility and autonomy to the employees who continue to meet or exceed expectations/goals. The incentive plans are definitely a nice plus and give extra motivation to want to work hard.

6. Supportive environment and hard work is rewarded

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a team of smart, dedicated, humble and supportive colleagues. I have terrific work/life balance. My efforts are rewarded and hard work pays off. I'm so grateful to work here!

Cons

In the past we haven't been as good about putting past associates back to work after completing an assignment successfully for our clients. We have put some measures in place to improve that and re-hire our alumni.

Advice to Management

Keep up the innovative approaches to motivate workers. I've had two managers since working here and I found both to be approachable and positive. They trust my instincts and experience to do the right thing in my role. They are there for guidance, when needed, which I appreciate. Please keep that up.

Great place to grow your own talent base and freedom to work how you like

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this job, I have the freedom to try out new ideas, very little micro management. The company is helpful and responsive to us remote employees.

Cons

$$ but thats basically everyone's issue.. The particular client I work with makes it difficult to grow my own $$$ Base, but I don't think thats reflective of compucom.

You get what you deserve

Current Employee - Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits: health, dental, generous PTO, training, tuition reimbursement and more. It's a large company; you can find your own career path. What is frustrating when I read the unsatisfied reviews is the sense of entitlement that people have. I have worked for other companies large and small and CompuCom is no different. When you accept the position you accept the terms of that position which includes your pay. If you don’t feel it is what you are worth, negotiate or don’t take the position. The harsh reality for anyone with any company is that you get paid what you agreed to. As far as layoffs and not getting raises, wake up! What companies are giving out raises and not laying off? This is the way of the world in America. There is no loyalty with any company and all companies are profit driven. The company I am assigned to employs 46,000 people and they are laying off their own employees. CompuCom has always been fair and upfront with me. I get paid for the work I do and I am recognized for my efforts that are above and beyond the expectations. If the company isn't making money no one will have a job.

Cons

You need to communicate your needs, no one is going to hold your hand.

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

Good Work Enviorment

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good tech training and positive team. Much communication from management team. They are a large HP partner and I have enjoyed working with HP as part of there reseller program.

Cons

Frontline managers need HR and motivation training. Sometimes feedback from management can be too direct and negative without positive feedback on what you are doing right.

Advice to Management

Figure out a cloud stratiegy.

Very Challenging yet learn enviroment

I have been working at CompuCom full-time

Pros

Awesome people and teams to work with!

Cons

Workload doesn't match up with salary

11. Technical Support Analyst

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Winchester, VA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Great pay, insurance, and management. Always told myself even if I won the lottery I'd still come to work everyday!

Cons

There was no cons that I could see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

RSS Feed </> Embed