CompuCom

CompuCom Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

CompuCom President and CEO James W. Dixon

James W. Dixon

Pros:
  • "The ability to work from home (if you are in the right department"
    in 12 reviews
  • "That said - it is a great work life balance because of this"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "No annual raises or cost of living allowance for 5 years and counting, period"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Salary doesn't match market value and no raises in the last 5 years"
    in 27 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent vendor and recruiting follow through

Design Researcher (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsCompuCom has excellent recruiters who follow through on their committments to match positions to experience. The recruiters and managers are proactive in assisting with new positions rather than waiting until the very end of contracts and are also clear communicators

ConsThere appears to be a limited number of positions in local companies and a large pool of candidates with the agency. Insurance benefits are fair at best, though they are available.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek more local companies for collaboration and maket the up-side of having vendors.

Challenging and rewarding, demanding the best from everyone

Sales, Field Based Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsAutonomy to do our work.

ConsWe get out of work, exactly what we put into it. I haven't a single complaint.

Field Service Technician

Field Services Technician (Current Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

ProsGreat benefits, provides everything needed for the job (Transportation, Tools, Parts, etc.)

ConsAttempting to many projects at one time, with out clear instructions

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know employees better and no what knowledge they know when you hire them. If they know more then is needed for the job, help them use the knowledge to their and the companies benefit.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Updated Web facing TrackIT sites & scripts with 2008 SQL Server Management Studio for PeopleSoft deployments.

Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsVery good documentation for migration or deployment steps, every step is documented and stored in intranet sites. Multiple copies of Peoplesoft or DBA update steps.

ConsDBA's are scattered across the globe, both US and off shore teams can be difficult to contact when an on call issue comes up.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery good training programs for DBA's and a lot of help for On Call DBA teams.

Employee satisfaction

ProsGood benefits overall, hassle free biweekly paycheck, work with you for employee retention for the next project - meaning does bench if they think you are worth it. Very professional

Cons401k is not worth it but it does starts the day of employment

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in touch with your employees more often, know what the market rate for employees and compensate accordingly.

Contract company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Milford, MI

ProsGood benefits for time off.

ConsNo raises were given in the past three years. Company bought and there was a lack of information on direction. Seem like upper management wanted to keep the profits to them-self.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth, given no raises to a group of employees that has worked very hard for the contract seem unfair. There is a disconnect with upper management and employees.

Great company to work for, overall.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsVery progressive and expanding company, quick to respond to customer needs.

ConsHeavy on processes and procedures, at times.

It has been a great workplace where I have used my troubleshooting skills relating anywhere from hardware to networking.

Help Desk Technician (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsVery organized and friendly work environment.

ConsWork hours that are available.

Computer Field Service- Long Hours - 15 Sites (3 in NJ and 12 in PA) - 5-6 weeks.

Field Service Technician II (Former Employee)

ProsI took the company up on their providing hotel accommodations. This allowed me to work longer hours, meal expenses up to $50 a day, and personal mileage at (.43) per mile. There were 15 work site and plenty of opportunity to test and install software. I networked with several IT people and some other career areas of interest during the project.

ConsThe tough part was 10-12 hours days. For the last 3 weeks, I worked (6) days. The second challenge as the project progressed was drive times from hotel to work site turned into up to 60 minutes or 45 miles. Except for 2-3 days I was up at 5:00am and did not get back to the hotel before 6pm. "Field Service" is not for everyone. The company provided support services (hotel, food, mileage, 24/7 phone support) to get the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn terms of "proper rest and relaxation" they should avoid doing 6 day work weeks for longer than (2) weeks. It was a challenge to do 65 hours of work the first week on the job. I am glad I had the opportunity to work with a top notch company on a short term travel intensive job.

good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice pay good benifits great

Consnone that i know of

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!

CompuCom Videos

CompuCom – Why Work for Us?

​​ “It’s exciting to work for company that is committed to their employees and clients, encourages continual learning and success and promotes a positive and dynamic working environment.” CompuCom, the leading IT… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompuCom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CompuCom CEO James W. Dixon. All 417 reviews posted anonymously by CompuCom employees.